To Crab Shack or Not to Crab Shack...

FunandSunPeeps

Heading out on the CB this Friday! Haven't been on a Princess Ship for a while and we are really looking forward to it! Has anyone been to the Crab Shack? Do you recommend making a reservation for some good crab legs and mud bugs?!

Heading out on the CB this Friday! Haven't been on a Princess Ship for a while and we are really looking forward to it! Has anyone been to the Crab Shack? Do you recommend making a reservation for some good crab legs and mud bugs?!

We did it in March on CB and it was extra fine. We had the assortment. Next time I'm doing the crab legs only. They normally only bring one bucket but will bring one for each person. The desserts were great too.

On the Grand they brought extra crab legs and we had our fill. At least on the Grand, there were no special desserts at the Crab Shack. They just brought a selection of the desserts from the HC that evening. They were good though. For $20/person it was a nice change of pace. We will probably do it again on another cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by IECalCruiser

Are there refills available??

Yes you can get plenty.

I was not impressed with the king crab or the crawfish as they tasted like they had been in the freezer for months and had the consistency of mush.

With that being said, this was the first week it was open on the Ruby and I will try it once more on the Ruby in October.

Mike:)

Yes you can get plenty.

I was not impressed with the king crab or the crawfish as they tasted like they had been in the freezer for months and had the consistency of mush.

With that being said, this was the first week it was open on the Ruby and I will try it once more on the Ruby in October.

The Crab was much better in March on the Grand but after I saw King Crab for sale at our local Costco, they probably served snow crab rather than the advertised King Crab, but still tasty enough for seconds :) The best part of our meal was probably the lightly breaded and perfectly cooked shrimp appetizer. We should have asked for more of them also.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

The Crab was much better in March on the Grand but after I saw King Crab for sale at our local Costco, they probably served snow crab rather than the advertised King Crab, but still tasty enough for seconds :) The best part of our meal was probably the lightly breaded and perfectly cooked shrimp appetizer. We should have asked for more of them also.

We had the king crab on the Ruby but I agree on the shrimp as that was the best part of the meal.

We are king crab and crawfish fiends so being as it was the introductory week we might have been a bit too judgmental so we will give it another go.

And Costco for King Crab and Shrimp:D Can't be beat!

Does the Crab Shack also serve a non-seafood entree? DH loves seafood; I have a seafood allergy.
There were none on the menu. I believe that someone else posted on another thread that they had asked and that other options were not available. We did not ask. Edited by IECalCruiser

I loved it and thought it was much, much better than Crown Grill or Sabatini's. However, a head waiter told us my non-seafood eating husband could not be accommodated so I went with some friends who were ship's officers, and then one of them couldn't have seafood either and just got some salad from the buffet.:confused:

Which is the best day to go to the Crab Shack on a five day cruise? Is there any advantage of one day over another? It has been a while since we've been on Princess. Is Crab Shack something fairly new? You all make it sound good.

How was the clam and mussel pot?

Edited by Grannycb

Can anyone say for sure if the CB is doing the Crab Shack on the 3, 4 or 5 day cruises?

Crab Shack was open on the Golden for the 1 night repositioning cruise a few weeks back and it was also open on a 5 day coastal on the Star also a few weeks back.

Okay, I've got to know--what IS the Crab Shack? And will it be offered on the Golden in July? Really miss the days they actually served king crab in the dining room!

On the Royal/Regal....

Two fun specialty dining choices are housed within the Horizon Court – a Crab Shack and Fondues.

• Crab Shack – Seafood lovers will have a full crab shack experience, complete with mallets, bibs and buckets. Diners can enjoy crawfish in a Bayou-style “Mud Bug” boil, spiced peel and eat shrimp, or a mixed steamer pot filled with snow crab, jumbo shrimp, clams, and mussels. Cover charge: $20

• Fondues – A variety of cheese fondues highlight this special experience, including classic Swiss with white wine, German cheddar fondue with beer, and a French cheese fondue with champagne. Other Swiss, German or Austrian specialties round out the menu. Cover charge: $20

Edited by Colo Cruiser