Generally Rough Enchantment Reviews

I just booked a weekend cruise on the Enchantment and checked out the review section. They look pretty rough. Even the good ones seem average at best.

It's sad. Enchantment is such a great ship for the short itineraries. We thought the little quirks we noticed when we sailed on her last year were simply because she had just recently been repositioned to PC, but it sounds like the same story a year later.

Oh well, we will have a great cheap weekend in the Bahamas regardless. It's just sad that it's a nice ship that consistently has worse reviews than the ship she replaced.

Yeah, we enjoyed it overall, I guess you have to take the reviews with a grain of salt.

We just thought the crew was unhappy, but we were on one of the first cruises out of Port Canaveral and they were used you the 9+ night Baltimore sailings.

The common themes in the reviews seem to be along the lines of unfriendly crew and low quality.

We sailed on her Nov. 2013, the week before Thanksgiving, and loved it. Ok, yes it was our first cruise but, we will be back on her in August. Everyone employee we came across was friendly and very nice especially the guy we usually had getting drinks for us on the pool deck. ;)

Sent from my LG-E970 using Forums mobile app

I sailed on her 3x last year and will be sailing on her at least 2 more times this year. My husband and I liked certain aspects of the Enchantment more than the Oasis which we just got off of in March. In fact, most of the crew, with one exception, was fantastic on Enchantment and I was told multiple times that the crew members requested to be on the Enchantment because they make better money than on the big ships because of the tips due to the party atmosphere. They also liked the two turn over days instead of 1.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Personally, I don't pay too much attention to reviews as everyone has their own opinion, rightfully so, and too many diverse factors play into someone forming their opinion.

We had a fabulous time on our recent cruise, yet one cruiser wrote a review and used the word "lousy" to describe his cruise. :confused: On another cruise, we thought the food was good but another reviewer complained that it was mostly "inedible".

When I book a cruise, I stop reading reviews!:D

Sherri:)

Personally, I don't pay too much attention to reviews as everyone has their own opinion, rightfully so, and too many diverse factors play into someone forming their opinion

I agree. I havent been to the review part of this website in years. If I want a review, I will ask questions here where experienced people that I trust will give me straight up answers good or bad. The review part of this website is as bad as tripadvisor. I have decided that the majority couldnt be pleased no matter what.

I really want to do a B2B on Echantment but the prices on Freedom are less and there are a few stops on the Western route I have never been to!

Edited by ryano

I believe some people just don't enjoy cruising and instead of saying that they find fault with something else to justify not going again. I have been on a bunch of ships and can't remember ever having a "bad day at sea"

Add another voice to those who skip the reviews. We were on for a 3 night cruise last November and thoroughly enjoyed it. The ship looked great and the service was really good. I will have to go back to my mini-comparison of Enchantment and Vision to see if I had anything negative to post about her at the time.

I've also noticed people will give a great score over all but hate everything in their remarks or vice versa. People will also book a cruise on a smaller ship and expect the Oasis. Then there are those who book Oasis during June and complain about all the kids.

Reviews require a lot of salt.

Edited by temple1

I sailed on her 3x last year and will be sailing on her at least 2 more times this year. My husband and I liked certain aspects of the Enchantment more than the Oasis which we just got off of in March. In fact, most of the crew, with one exception, was fantastic on Enchantment and I was told multiple times that the crew members requested to be on the Enchantment because they make better money than on the big ships because of the tips due to the party atmosphere. They also liked the two turn over days instead of 1.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

funny but I heard the exact OPPOSITE when we sailed her on one of her last trips before relocating.. the crews were NOT happy about having the extra turnover day as that is their most back breaking day and the shorter cruises led to fewer tips as the drinkers usually had the drink package and did not tip any better than anyone else but did drink a lot more.

We were just on her last week for the 4 day. Yes she is an older ship and yes she does need a little tlc. This is our 3rd trip on her in 6 months and we always have a great time on her. Now I will say our room attendant was not the best in the world but we didn't let that bother us at all. Any cruise, trip, vacation is all in what you make it and we always choose to me it great. We don't let the little things bother us

The reviews I have read about Enchantment here in the forum with the pictures have been mostly positive from what I read. I do not read reviews outside of this forum and around the web after reading the mostly negative review about Sovereign Of The Seas (My first cruise). If I had went by those reviews I probably would not be cruising today. In spite of what i read about Sovereign it turned out to be the time of my life and turned me on to the love of cruising. I thought that Sovereign was going to be like the rust bucket we cruised to and from Fort Lauderdale once instead of flying to Grand Bahama Island for a week's stay there. Sovereign turned out to be great...Loved it. I have no problem with going to bigger ships and back to smaller ships, etc. I might ooh and ahh at the stuff on the bigger ships but I like to cruise when I can no matter the size! :cool:

Sailed on the Enchantment back in '98 when she was relatively new, and before she was lengthened. The only complaint I had is that our cabin was located right over the stabilizer (which we realized by looking over the balcony and seeing it directly below) and it was supposedly out of alignment that week, which caused our whole cabin to shutter for the entire trip. Other than that, we had a really good time on that trip.

I'm sure the ship has changed a bit since then, but I can't imagine it has gone downhill all that much.

HI We have been twice and did not care for the ship to the point that we will not go on her again. Even though she is 45 minutes from us. We are loyal to Royal and have loved every other ship we have been on,... we cruise alot only 12 points to Diamond!, but Enchantment just has a weird layout so need to be very careful where your cabin is located. Had a GS and heard WJ carts at 5AM. Had a OV panoramic cabin heard centrum noise till 2AM. We also don't care for the fact that the solarium pool is chlorinated, thus very strong chlorine smell in solarium. The sail away party music just way to loud... Could not escape it even on the bow of the ship. It was a deafening to the point we could not hold a conversation. Regular things on other ships not available, like decaf tea and hot cocoa, at least on our sailings. We loved Monarch, so it is not the size of the ship and love Freedom and Brilliance. Decided this one is just not for us, everyone else seems ok with it. We miss Monarch, she was our quick way to get to the beach at Coco Cay for a week end, now we have lost that. Enchantment no can do.....

HI We have been twice and did not care for the ship to the point that we will not go on her again. Even though she is 45 minutes from us. We are loyal to Royal and have loved every other ship we have been on,... we cruise alot only 12 points to Diamond!, but Enchantment just has a weird layout so need to be very careful where your cabin is located. Had a GS and heard WJ carts at 5AM. Had a OV panoramic cabin heard centrum noise till 2AM. We also don't care for the fact that the solarium pool is chlorinated, thus very strong chlorine smell in solarium. The sail away party music just way to loud... Could not escape it even on the bow of the ship. It was a deafening to the point we could not hold a conversation. Regular things on other ships not available, like decaf tea and hot cocoa, at least on our sailings. We loved Monarch, so it is not the size of the ship and love Freedom and Brilliance. Decided this one is just not for us, everyone else seems ok with it. We miss Monarch, she was our quick way to get to the beach at Coco Cay for a week end, now we have lost that. Enchantment no can do.....

Ever think of trying Majesty? I realize it's a drive for you...been on Enchantment a few times and the last time was so bad we won't sail on her again, so I can relate.

I hope you filled out the survey with your complaints. Seems like a lot of those things could be fixed if they knew it annoyed people. We are going on the 4 day in December. First time in a JS (deck 8) and we will then be a Diamond so I am sure we will have a good time. The drink package will also help ;).

I was on the 12 May 14 four day cruise and loved the Enchantment. The décor in the Schooner Bar is beautiful. The one issue I had is the shopping area is curved and I sometimes ended up walking in circles trying to get out.

We had a great cruise in March and I wrote a positive review for the review section.

We have been on most of the mass market lines- this was our second RCI cruise and we enjoyed our cruise so much that we booked the Brilliance for next year and are also looking at the 10 and 11 days on the Serenade for the future.

The staff was super friendly, the service was very good, the food very good, and the entertainment was enjoyable.

There was only one area we thought could be improved- the library and Internet area which is small and in a noisy place.

We would do another itinerary on the Enchantment for sure.

Vision class ships are certainly getting old and the reviews seem to reflect that. However, I agree that the best reviewer for my cruise - and the things I like to do - is me.

My most recent sailing on Enchantment was soon after an Oasis cruise. I was a bit worried that I wouldn't be able to adjust back to the smaller, older ship, but I didn't have any problems (well, aside from looking for the Windjammer on deck 16... I might have been off by a few decks).

The one issue I had is the shopping area is curved and I sometimes ended up walking in circles trying to get out.

That might have been their plan... :rolleyes:

We recently sailed Enchantment for the 2nd time and had a wonderful cruise from start to finish. While we sailed on her while still out of Baltimore we enjoyed all aspects of the food and service. I do not put a lot of emphasis on reviews done on CC because in over 20 years of cruising we have yet to have a disappointing cruise. I'm not saying that everything goes perfectly but the little things that do go wrong occasionally have never impacted us to the point that I wanted to jump on CC and complain about it.

We sailed Enchantment last January out of Baltimore. It was one of our best cruises. It was never too crowded, the crew was fantastic, and we loved the food both in main dining and the windjammer. I think three things can alter a ship's perception pretty quickly: an unhappy or lackluster crew that only does the minimum needed and without a smile, lousy food, and a sewer smell. All can be controlled. The ship itself I found well designed and while smaller, it was also easy to get around. I loved the Centrum and how it became a focal point for so many activities. I would sail her again.