Generally Rough Enchantment Reviews

Thanks for being positive. We are going on Enchantment in September. First time on her. My Hubby found a good deal and we are on deck 2 but do have a window. My favorite ship is Freedom. Loved the Jewel as well, but I felt the motion a bit so hoping I will be OK on Enchantment. Our favorite vacations are cruises on Royal in the Caribbean.

We are trying Celebrity Reflection in January. My Hubby wanted to try something new. I would go on Freedom every year if we could. 😊

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

OK, here is input from someone that cruises on Enchantment lots since she relocated to PC. She is excellent and the crew is very good! The 3 night cruises are frequented by party lovers and that is the nature of the beast since Sovereign started this run.

Folks that remember Enchantment from her previous life with no current experience don't have up-to-date info :(

In just over a month we will be back on board with one of the best crews and management team in the RCI fleet.

Edited by Scotty G
clarify

I was on her at the end of February and LOVED HER ... in fact she was my favorite ship thus far !

we were good in February as well, can't wait to go back

Also, I was not aware they were doing drink package on 3/4 nighters

Edited by John&LaLa
add comment

I would agree with the people that attribute a good portion of these concerns to the 3/4 sailing schedule.

While there are plenty of great people on a 3 or 4-night cruise, the general crowd is a little different from the crowd on a longer cruise. Short cruises are cheap. They typically appeal to younger people with less vacation time or people who need to let loose for a quick trip.

We tend to pop over at the last minute for these cruises because living ~45 minutes away, it's easy and dirt cheap. We know a lot of neighbors who do the same. You just want to decompress from work for 3 nights.

A lot of college kids take these trips, not as many as Carnival, but many. This raises the rowdiness level on occasion.

A lot of parents of small children who can't leave their kids for a long time take these trips, and these people tend to be even more rowdy than the college kids because they have all this pent up ARRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHH they need to let go and because it makes them feel young again.

A lot of first time cruisers take these trips because they have no idea if they'll like cruising and simply have no idea what to expect. Most of them don't visit boards like this to find out, either. Rookies don't cruise like vets do. They may not know the "rules" (mostly not actual rules, just things considerate cruisers do) so it may seem obnoxious to veteran cruisers.

My husband and I had our first sailing on her in Dec of last year. The New Years cruise was awesome! We loved it and have booked another one for this year on a different ship. You'll have fun, some people are just grumpy. :(

We did family cruise for new year's eve.All ages from 9 - 72 had a great time.2 families had aft Jr suites and 1 family had nearby interior.lots of fun.

Yes, there are more "partiers" on board, like bachelorette and bachelor groups. But we had great weekend get together last fall on the Enchantment with sisters, cousins (their first cruises) and my 83 year old mother. And I am headed back to her for a second trip this summer with my children (21, 16 and 14) and a friend and her girls (17 and 14.) They are first timers and I think it will be a great first cruise for them.

I was a bit concerned after reading all of those negative reviews also. I've been on Enchantment in the past, after the stretch but before she went to Baltimore. We had a great time!

Anyway, thanks for reassuring me that our upcoming Enchantment cruise at the end of the month won't be a disaster...

I'm a frequent cruiser, mostly RCI, sometimes other lines. Port Canaveral is less than an hour from home for us too, and we've been on the 3/4 day cruises as well as 7 days, and the clientele is definitely different, just others have posted. DH and I did a 4 night last September, just 6 weeks after a week in a suite on Oasis. We didn't expect all the extras, and went in with an open mind, and had an excellent time. We decided the overall feel of the ship was more elegant than Monarch, MDR food was on par with Oasis, but the WJ was only OK...the choices seemed more limited than I remember on MN. My second cruise on EN was a weekend getaway with my office, on the boss's dime, so it was of course awesome right away. He is not a cruiser, I had to convince him we'd have a good time. He had the Roya Suite, and was treated royally, and was happy until the first dinner. We were traveling as part of a larger group, and while I understand it would not have been possible for all of us to be seated at one table, we should have been closer to the other table...4 of us were stuck at a little table quite a ways away from the others, and pretty much ignored by the staff. There was a huge wedding party onboard, and they had one entire side of the dining room, and the staff seemed to be consumed with serving them. This was my observation, and when I fussed to our headwaiter, he gave the excuse of the large group monopolizing the servers. Food was only meh all weekend, though the seating arrangement was sorted out a bit...we were moved closer, and lost that "children's table in the corner" feeling lol. I did also mention the issues to Reyno in the CL...he needed to know his RS guests weren't happy. I'm sure that helped our situation.

I was waiting to fill out the survey, and was told they didnt do a paper copy any longer, it was all done by email. RCI can't manage to get emails to me for my upcoming cruises properly, so it was no surprise I never received the survey.

I've read the reviews too, and always take what's said with a grain of salt...one persons perfect cruise is another's Titanic :D