Gastrobar Info

helpthejuggler

where?:confused: wine should be $8.00 or less beer $6.00 or less on list $8.50 cheapest wine as much as I can see.:confused:

As Christine Frances said, $9 for wine now. Also remember, most of the interesting beers in Michaels were above the Classic limit - so no real change there. I'm guessing that basic beers such as Bud, Heineken, Corona etc. will also be available, just as they are in places like Martini bar - just not much point cluttering up the unique menu with them.

I doubt it. During happy hour at the martini bar they have a few martinis 1/2 off at $5.50 and they are not covered. I think the reasoning is with a classic package you would have to pay full price if you wanted one and during happy hour you are getting it for 1/2 price.

🍸🍻🍺

I had the classic package on the Equinox last November and didn't find the happy hour specials in the martini bar until almost the last night. I didn't go to the martini bar because I knew it would not cover the martinis. However, the special priced martinis were covered.

In another bar one night my DH innocently ordered a drink that was not covered and the server was very nice. Gave him the drink but explained that it was not covered.

Gail

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

As Christine Frances said, $9 for wine now. Also remember, most of the interesting beers in Michaels were above the Classic limit - so no real change there. I'm guessing that basic beers such as Bud, Heineken, Corona etc. will also be available, just as they are in places like Martini bar - just not much point cluttering up the unique menu with them.

Thank you :)

This was just posted on the 'Live' from the Equinox thread:

"Gastrobar is still quiet. Like it used to be as the wine bar. The space is pretty though and well done. There are 5 TVs scattered throughout playing mostly European sports. I love watching rugby---so violent! On draft are three beers: Murphy's, Newcastle and some English one I've never tried. Lots of bottle selection."

This comment was just posted on one of the Celebrity FB pages in response to my ? About the GastroBar:

" we went on one of the sea days for lunch, and we really enjoyed it. They had a big selection of craft beers by the bottle - and an impressive selection at that. Not much on draught (only 4 taps), but perhaps they'll add on later. My husband had a burger, which he thought was excellent, and I tried their sausage sampler and truffle fries. The latter is a must-try!"

This comment was just posted on one of the Celebrity FB pages in response to my ? About the GastroBar:

" we went on one of the sea days for lunch, and we really enjoyed it. They had a big selection of craft beers by the bottle - and an impressive selection at that. Not much on draught (only 4 taps), but perhaps they'll add on later. My husband had a burger, which he thought was excellent, and I tried their sausage sampler and truffle fries. The latter is a must-try!"

Sounds great. Can't wait to try it.

I don't know much about what it takes to change a venue on a ship. Does the ship need to be dry docked for the change to occur? Or can the ship undergo changes while at sea?

The noise, dust, ect from the construction is not something I would want nor expect to have going on while we are on vacation. Especially in the main central area of the ship where a lot of the daily and evening activity happens.

Edited by wallie5446

I don't know much about what it takes to change a venue on a ship. Does the ship need to be dry docked for the change to occur? Or can the ship undergo changes while at sea?

The noise, dust, ect from the construction is not something I would want nor expect to have going on while we are on vacation. Especially in the main central area of the ship where a lot of the daily and evening activity happens.

Except that from what I saw in the small picture posted from the Equinox it looks like they could change out the furniture, add some TVs and voila - Cellarmasters is now Gastrobar. ;)

• 3 weeks later...
[quote name='wallie5446']Karen, pic's are up!
[url]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2051239[/url][/QUOTE]

Thanks Wallie!
It looks like they opened the space to the atrium a little, making for more sunlight in there.