White Party?

webecruzin2

I toss them the day after I use them. I never save them. Each cruise is a new experience. Be open to new experiences. Your cruise might have a deck party or some other event. Not every cruise has the same events. Just relax and enjoy whatever events happen on your cruise. There were many changes on the Summit...some good, some bad. I had a nice time.

I honestly never keep mine either. I don't really see the point, I remember my cruise beyond the list of daily activities.

• 1 month later...

I was searching to see if Celebrity still has their white parties as we've been to several in the past.

I remember 1 TA on the Connie a few years back had a white Cirque du Soleil party that was fantastic!

Wanting to know what to pack for the Greek Isle Silhouette sailing this summer. Would love to hear if anyone out there has been to a white party on Celebrity lately. :)

They had one on the Constellation in June. It was held in the Martini Bar. the staircase was roped off so that the bartenders could show off their juggling skills, and the D.J. played earsplitting music. Lots of people just milling about. Not at all like the white hot parties that NCL does.

Is the "White Night Party" similar to the one they had on Connie 9 years ago when they had the partnership with Cirque du Soliel? Dress all in white and wear a mask? DH and I had so much fun at that party. Will have to remember to take our very expensive masks that we purchased on the Connie and white clothes!

Haven't been to a white party with Cirque for years and it WAS fun.:D

I bought a mask, too and someone took it while we were dancing :(

But I know Celebrity has had them recently, I guess it just depends on the ship, itinerary and the activities they have planned.

Funny that a few of you mentioned Azamara, we were on the Quest this past December and I don't remember a white party at all. Go figure.

It sounds like these offerings vary quite a bit between different cruises and ships.

Whether it be a White Party or other Deck Party, is there an easy way to know in advance what is being planned for our specific cruise so that we can pack appropriately?

We've been to several white nights..,usually not a big event any more....they announce it in the bulletin and ask guests and staff to dress in white...I think we had one in Greece, also in Carib...

most fun one was indoors. (bad weather)...sorry I can,t remember which ship....it started early...face painting, balloons for kids, then late night dancing for adults, , lots of fun and food treats and choc buffet (nice touch wearing white)...that's back when they treated us right for no extra charge!

most everyone has something white and we are always prepared...other nice parties were sizzle....and on deck parties for carib nights..

If you want to see an OVER THE TOP white party go to U-TUBE and key in the search " atlantis white party" Huge pool deck party--starts at 11.00 p.m. Lasts till breakfast time. Not for the faint of heart. some of these white parties were on X other ones RCCL,Carnival etc.

I have seen white parties and tropical wear parties. I also wish you could get a pre-cruise email or some other notification so you could bring appropriate clothes if you want to. Yes, you can participate anyway but it is more fun to fit in. I pack too lightly to include a just in case wardrobe if it is something I would not normally bring.

They had one on the Infinity in 2011. It's not a big deal if you don't wear white. This isn't one of those "what's appropriate for MDR formal nights" issues. I seem to recall that most of the action was in the martini bar area.

I don't remember a white night on either Eclipse sailing, P&O does a black and white formal night and just about everyone follows it which looks great. The only white night we experienced was on MSC where the whole ship it seemed dressed entirely in white. Shame they didn't follow the dress code with more accuracy on formal nights!!:(

[quote name='phoenix_dream']I have seen white parties and tropical wear parties. I also wish you could get a pre-cruise email or some other notification so you could bring appropriate clothes if you want to. Yes, you can participate anyway but it is more fun to fit in. I pack too lightly to include a just in case wardrobe if it is something I would not normally bring.[/QUOTE]

P&O do tell you prior to boarding about their Black & White nights.

• 1 month later...
We had one on Summit, October 2012, Caribbean. Never heard of it before. Have been on 8 X cruises, and no other sailing had it. Just wondering if our cruise in November, Caribbean, will have either white or Island themed deck party so I can pack accordingly.

There was a White Night on my first Celebrity Cruise (Solstice 2012)... We unfortunately missed it.

It was a case of too many great activities to choose from on the same evening. By all accounts it was a good time (friends went)

Lol, truth be known we are yet to make a late night pool deck party... Need to make this a greater priority for our upcoming cruises

Cheers! Edited by Sloop-JohnB

Have only seen one during my Celebrity sailings but White Night parties are the rule--rather than the exception--when sailing with Azamara [if the climate is right and the weather cooperates, they are held on deck and always lots of fun]...

Just completed our 10th cruise.
On our first on the Galaxy we had a white party with an outdoor buffet. It was brilliant!
Never seen one since
However we have had some wonderful pool parties
All spoilt on the Eclipse this August as they now allow swimming in the pools until 10pm. Nobody enforced the closing time consequently around 30 children were jumping/dive bombing/ splashing the deck area where the dancing was.....disaster. We left at 11 pm as it was simply dangerous and didn't bother going to the other 3. Such a shame as Sue Denning is a wonderful cruise director and was working her socks off. To be far there was a lot of complaints and the problem may have been rectified but the closing time of the deck pools remained 10 pm.

Well, since I was the OP I thought I should come back here to let you all know that they did not have a white party on the Silhouette but they did have a fabulous pool party that had everyone up and dancing.
Their band Soul does a great job of covering all of the latest pop songs and oldies as well. Enjoyed them very much.
P.S. I wore all white that night anyway:p