Upgrade from Guaranteed SC suite %

Roktory

I am Booking a Guaranteed SC suite on the Eurodam what are the chances of getting a better cabin? From what i see looking at deck plan there is only 6 SC and 16 SB rooms. Anyone have experience with booking a suit Guaranteed?

I am Booking a Guaranteed SC suite on the Eurodam what are the chances of getting a better cabin? From what i see looking at deck plan there is only 6 SC and 16 SB rooms. Anyone have experience with booking a suit Guaranteed?

Don't forget about all the SAs. There are alot more of these than SC or SB and it is likely you will get an SA.

If we could know we had great odds of booking and paying for an SC but are assigned an "SA", why would we have booked "SA" cabins all these years? You should always book the minimum cabin you can be happy in. For those of us paying for those "SA" cabins, we know what we are getting. You will be taking a chance on what you will get. If you will be happy in an "SC", then no problem.

Sail is right of course - you have to be happy with the category you booked and be prepared you might end up with that BUT...

we booked an SC guarantee on a last minute (for us - two months out is very last minute) escape on the Westerdam. Our TA told us she was sure we would end up in SA and she was absolutely right.

I was totally prepared to be in SC, just didn't want the handicapped cabin - but was very happy.

I would say the odds are good you will end up higher, but there are cabins and it IS possible you will be there so be prepared.

In any case they are all Neptune suites and you have all the amenities. Life is good:D

Ten of those 16 SBs are the corner "aft-wrap" suites which have a following of their own.

But on our first HAL cruise we were upgraded to one and we've been hooked ever since!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Earlier I opened a new thread asking if I should have take an upsell to a Veranda Suite and was a little leery that we would get a cabin that had a worse location than what we had originally been assigned. Everyone told me to take it, but by the time I responded the opportunity was gone.

BUT, sometimes the upsell fairy forgives you for your oversight. Just got another email from HAL asking if we were interested in upgrading from our HH cabin on the Promenade Deck to a Verandah cabin. Did not even stop to ask the DH if he was interested. JUST called them and we are now booked into a Verandah cabin (midship, which makes us very happy) located on deck 6 (Verandah) located 6 cabins down from the Laundrette and 4 cabins from the elevators.

ALL FOR $29.00 EACH!!!!!!!!

If you can't tell we are VERY, VERY HAPPY.:D:D:D

Edited by Okie1946

Earlier I opened a new thread asking if I should have take an upsell to a Veranda Suite and was a little leery that we would get a cabin that had a worse location than what we had originally been assigned. Everyone told me to take it, but by the time I responded the opportunity was gone.

BUT, sometimes the upsell fairy forgives you for your oversight. Just got another email from HAL asking if we were interested in upgrading from our HH cabin on the Promenade Deck to a Verandah cabin. Did not even stop to ask the DH if he was interested. JUST called them and we are now booked into a Verandah cabin (midship, which makes us very happy) located on deck 6 (Verandah) located 6 cabins down from the Laundrette and 4 cabins from the elevators.

ALL FOR $29.00 EACH!!!!!!!!

If you can't tell we are VERY, VERY HAPPY.:D:D:D

Congratulations!!

That is an excellent upsell.

As has been said -- don't worry if you are not upgraded or offered an upsell to a higher cabin.

All the SA's, SB's and SC's have the same perks.

We actually considered booking an SS guarantee as we love those rooms as well, and wondered if we would get an upgrade/upsell to an SC, but bit the bullet and went for an SC guarantee. I would love to hear of others experience with all of this.

As has been said -- don't worry if you are not upgraded or offered an upsell to a higher cabin.

All the SA's, SB's and SC's have the same perks.

I now always book my location rather than suite type. We were "upgraded"to an aft wrap around on our last cruise on the Zuiderdam. What a mistake we made, it was a panama canal cruise and normally would have been great, but, no air conditioning and poor location. Quite a walk to the Neptune Lounge and can be on another floor. Our cabin steward was not used to the suite perks as the cabins around us he serviced were not the same cabin category. As a result we had to train him on what we should have in our cabin etc. Never again.

Be aware that the Neptune Handicapped Cabins on the Eurodam and Nieuw Amsterdam are SA.

We once booked an SC guarantee on the NA and were "upgraded" to the SA handicapped cabin.

This cabin has a roll-in shower that shares space with the toilet, a very high tub and only one sink (quite low) in the bathroom.

There is also a ramp going out to the balcony (which is right next to the elevators).

While this was considered an upgrade, we did not find this cabin very comfortable. That was the last time we booked a guarantee.

Terri

We booked our SC guarantee on the Noordam and it looks as if the handicapped rooms are aft. I do not think I would like being next to the elevators too much, because I would have to get dressed to eat breakfast and not just stay in my nightgown! As I said before though, I am thrilled no matter what.