Urgent Eclipse cabin question

AmberCascades

Not urgent in terms of global issues, but urgent because I have to give my TA an answer.

We are booking a cabin on the Iceland and Norwegian fjords cruise next summer. My TA talked me out of a partially obstructed verandah so now I can get either a hump cabin on the port side or a regular cabin on the starboard side.

Does anyone have experience with either of these cabins? Any advice?

What ports are you visiting ? The scenery is stunning both sides , we had starboard in May and were happy and didn't feel like we missed the views , the Seven Sisters waterfall In Geiranger was on the port side , as was the best view once docked in Flam, but it all depends on how the ship docks

Personally having had a hump cabin before I would go for that

Edited by rubydoobydoo

Not urgent in terms of global issues, but urgent because I have to give my TA an answer.

We are booking a cabin on the Iceland and Norwegian fjords cruise next summer. My TA talked me out of a partially obstructed verandah so now I can get either a hump cabin on the port side or a regular cabin on the starboard side.

Does anyone have experience with either of these cabins? Any advice?

I'd take a hump. The balcony is deeper and an angled view. The hump gives you lots of space to spread out and enjoy. The depth gives you a break from the weather if it's cold and from smoke below.

-Marisa

Edited by USVI-4-me

I'd take a hump. The balcony is deeper and an angled view. The hump gives you lots of space to spread out and enjoy. The depth gives you a break from the weather if it's cold and from smoke below.

-Marisa

Good point re protection from weather as long as the cabin is on the slant not the flat part of the hump. The protection from weather could be a plus on a cool or rainy cruise.

Thanks for all your replies. As I just said to my husband, it was much easier last year when we booked our first cruise and didn't know anything so everything was good. (i.e. ignorance is bliss) Now there's so much to worry about (1A or 1B? port side? aft?? OBC or drinks??)

I've confirmed the booking with our TA. It is cabin 8199 on the port side. It is angled and hopefully far enough away from the smoking area to not be a problem.

Thanks CC'ers for all your help.:)

... so now I can get either a hump cabin on the port side or a regular cabin on the starboard side. ...

I like being mid ship just for the convenience of being near the central elevator and stairs and all the public areas accessed from mid ship on other floors. With that said one of the main smoking areas on the ship is on the outdoor promenade on the port side of deck 5 mid ship. Some complain of smoke from this area on the verandas in the deck or two above it although I imagine this is more of a problem when the ship is docked as opposed to when it is moving.

Edited by Lsimon

Nice midship location. Only cabins on the angle have bigger verandas. I had 6224. Noise from the Grand Foyer was often heard in the cabin. I prefer a bit off the hump. The obstructed cabins are fine. The obstructions are minimal.

Keep an eye on prices. We cruised last year on Silly. I booked a year ahead in late May or early June. I booked a partially obstructed balcony. A week or so later, they had a Summer Solstice sale, offering a balcony guy for the price of an inside. For a savings of $1300 I was willing to gamble. Ultimately, we were assigned 7272 on the flat of the hump. Very port intensive cruise, so we really didn't get to use it much. EM