Summit Bermuda "Celebrity Today" 5-18

stevea36

I am trying to post the Celebrity Today newsletters from our just completed cruise. I may need to put each day in a different posting as the size may be a bit large, but read on...

Steve

Edited by stevea36

Here are the remainder of the Celebrity Today newsletters for the week.

Steve

Hi Steve - thanks so much for doing this. I hope you all had a good trip and looking forward to reading a possible review by you. You did such a great job on your roll call.

Wow, you're good! You just got off today. I plan on posting the 11-18 May dailies...just too busy so far! I have them scanned, if I can get my kid off the computer where they're saved, I'll post them tonight.

I have the officers' profile which is likely the same if the OP didn't keep it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for taking the time to post these! Great to look at for our upcoming Summit Bermuda cruise. Wondering if you saved the MDR menus as well to post? I haven't seen any recent ones on CC.

Hope you had a wonderful cruise!

Thank you so much for posting these - especially so quickly.

I have to say, I'm disappointed in the offerings though. There's 2 movies, each shown once only (and while the ship is docked in Bermuda). And it seems like every second "event" is a sale on art, jewlery, spa, etc. The other "events" are mostly bands/duos playing with only a few other activites thrown in.

Our June 1st cruise is obviously set in stone but I think maybe I'll look around to see what works for our November cruise. If I can get something on another cruiseline I may be switching.

It appears that Beyond the Podium is now limited to presentations by the ships officers and musicians. This is not something I would like to listen to on repeat cruises.

Trivia is more frequent on port days. Why?

Hi Steve

Would you be able to post the "In the Spotlight" page highlighting the senior officers?

thanks for the scans.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sorry, I can't seem to find it..

but..

the master is Captain Dimitrius... Great captain, and Very. very funny. be sure to go to every show that he attends (and, yes, he did attend our celebrity connections party)

the CD is Lisa Richard... She is very personable, always around, and a great singer and entertainer in her own right

the Activities Director is Luigi... no, he is not Italian... he is from the DR...

Steve

Thanks for taking the time to post these! Great to look at for our upcoming Summit Bermuda cruise. Wondering if you saved the MDR menus as well to post? I haven't seen any recent ones on CC.

Hope you had a wonderful cruise!

Sorry, did not eat in the MDR as we were aqua... the food in BLU was super !!

Steve

Sorry, I can't seem to find it..

but..

the master is Captain Dimitrius... Great captain, and Very. very funny. be sure to go to every show that he attends (and, yes, he did attend our celebrity connections party)

the CD is Lisa Richard... She is very personable, always around, and a great singer and entertainer in her own right

the Activities Director is Luigi... no, he is not Italian... he is from the DR...

Steve

Ditto !

Thank you so much for posting these - especially so quickly.

I have to say, I'm disappointed in the offerings though. There's 2 movies, each shown once only (and while the ship is docked in Bermuda). And it seems like every second "event" is a sale on art, jewlery, spa, etc. The other "events" are mostly bands/duos playing with only a few other activites thrown in.

Our June 1st cruise is obviously set in stone but I think maybe I'll look around to see what works for our November cruise. If I can get something on another cruiseline I may be switching.

Don't be so quick to change your Nov cruise. The Bermuda cruise is different because you are in one port for 3 days. The Equinox is a wonderful ship and it cruises to more ports over a longer time period. Activities on board will be different.

All cruise lines get in their art auctions and special sales. Going from port to port on our Equinox cruise...we were so busy and so in awe of the beautiful ship. See if someone from a more recent cruise can give you an update. We've booked the Summit because it's been solsticized!!

Fabulous Steve! Thanks for posting the shore excursions and dailies. This is a cruise we're planning on for 2015 and this is great information as to what there is to do in Bermuda.

On the Celebrity Website it lists the time of arrival in Bayonne, NJ from Bermuda as 7:00 AM. However, on the Celebrity newsletter that I saw dated 05/25 it listed the arrival at 8:00 AM. Could someone please tell me what time is correct as I need to let the person know that is picking me up. Thanks.

I hope you do not mind answering another question....

I have read on here about changes to what is included in the drink packages (only on ships overseas though).

Did you happen to have the classic package?

If not, any insight to increases in drink prices and/or more exclusions as to what is included in the classic package?!

TIA!