10:20 AM flight out of Ft. Lauderdale

We make the 10:10 flight out of FLL every time. We're usually waiting in the airport about 2 hours.

We do like you - line up early and are the first handful off.

We do have a backup of a later flight but we like the early one. 90 min. non stop flight home, gain back an hour, hour drive to the house.

We saw that our flight from FLL to Charlotte was changed from 11:20 to 10 something, having coming back from Europe hope that we get through fast, supposed to arrive in FLL early on a Monday morning......traffic?

Coming back from a transatlantic the process to clear the ship (and all the crew) is often slow, slower, slowest. I would never feel comfortable with that flight under the normal circumstances, and certainly not after a TA. Call the airlines. They changed the flight time, they should accommodate you on a later flight.

The OP posted the question back in May. I would guess that their plans are made by now:rolleyes:

Good catch. The Oap hasn't returned since their original post. Never indicated that they appreciated the comments or discuss their plans. Doubt if we'll hear from them again so further posting is unnecessary.

We saw that our flight from FLL to Charlotte was changed from 11:20 to 10 something, having coming back from Europe hope that we get through fast, supposed to arrive in FLL early on a Monday morning......traffic?

I'd call the airline and have the move you to a later flight. When the airlines have done this to us before we've called and told them the new flight time won't work as we are getting off a cruise and will probably not be off the ship in time. They've always been very accommodating and moved us to any later flight that had seats available with no change fees or extra charges.

Edited by Lsimon

Good catch. The Oap hasn't returned since their original post. Never indicated that they appreciated the comments or discuss their plans. Doubt if we'll hear from them again so further posting is unnecessary.

Has it ever mattered here on Cruise Critic if posting is necessary or not?

People do what they please, it's certainly not up to you.

Can you? Yes. Will you? Who knows.

That said the Hilton by the port is inexpensive and great place to watch your ship leave that night and relax and catch that flight next day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Forums mobile app

I've made earlier flights, so it is doable, just a lot of what if's can happen (customs, luggage, traffic. etc)

The last two times I had early flights the day of departure, I also booked refundable fares with jet blue as a backup

Both times I got the earlier flight, and then cancelled day of flight with JetBlue and received a full credit back with JetBlue (you WON'T receive a refund, just a credit with them)

I'd call the airline and have the move you to a later flight. When the airlines have done this to us before we've called and told them the new flight time won't work as we are getting off a cruise and will probably not be off the ship in time. They've always been very accommodating and moved us to any later flight that had seats available with no change fees or extra charges.

When the airlines makes changes to the schedule, you have the right to be booked on another flight without change fees or higher fare.

The cruise ships will be making their way back to Florida soon for the winter season. Here's hoping that we will start seeing some posts about how customs and disembarkation is going in both Miami and Ft Lauderdale.

personally I'd take the option of an excursion from the ship that then drops you at the airport afterwards at about 4pm - I'd stress too much on that one and not a way for me to end my relaxing holiday

If you go for it, I hope it all goes smoothly

The OP posted the question back in May. I would guess that their plans are made by now:rolleyes:

Just proves that the masses don't read the entire thread, or look at the dates.

Chances are high that issue was solved long ago (like 5 months ago)

Cheers!

[quote name='Sloop-JohnB']Just proves that the masses don't read the entire thread, or look at the dates.

Chances are high that issue was solved long ago (like 5 months ago)

Cheers![/QUOTE]

Right! And [I] bet they made it with no problems.

[quote name='gsb']Right! And [I] bet they made it with no problems.[/QUOTE]

Hard to say.

Their cruise in end of November.

Just proves that the masses don't read the first post. :D Edited by Kevin T Brown