Sabatini's new menu?.

pj-atsea

We have an upcoming cruise on the Ruby Princess. I received an email staing that Sabatini's had a new a la carte menu. Does anyone know what this menu has as options? I remember the 'old' menu, and then it was replaced by a newer menu where you did not get as many items to try. I was on the Emerald last September and was wondering if the menu has actually changed again or are they referring to the previous change? Thanks.pj

If that is the full menu - then we had something different when on the Crown on our cruise last winter.

We each picked an appetizer, there was a pasta of the day that the chef decided, and then a main dish we got to choose as well. Husband had lobster three ways and I had a shrimp dish. Then we picked a dessert as well.

Is there a page missing from your menu? We enjoyed our dinner there on Valentine's day. Lots of choices, good food and great service as well.

A wonderful way to end our cruise!

Date on the menu is 2007, and is not the menu we saw last times we cruised. If this is the one on the Princess site, they are WAY behind.

In fact, the Sabatini's menu I found here is what we saw last year.

Yes, but you have to pay $10 to see it. :p;):rolleyes:
LIKE! :) Good one!

Date on the menu is 2007, and is not the menu we saw last times we cruised. If this is the one on the Princess site, they are WAY behind.

Interestingly, the menu posted above by dforeigner is the one we had at Sabatini's on the Sapphire in March. The menu was almost nothing like the link above.

That's it! That's the menu we had too, Pam!

While on the topic of Sabatini's...sort of...is it worth it to take children to eat there? We are doing the Star in July with our kids and their kids. The little guys are 8 years old. One of them eats anything that isn't nailed down and the other one eats on every third day. ;) They are twins and both skinny as rails. I'm not sure I can justify the surcharge. (We will probably do Crown Grill one night since when the third-day eater eats, it's usually steak.) There is no specialty restaurant kids' menu is there?

just home from the Royal. we were more impressed with Crown Grill than Sabatinis. I had the lobster three ways and that was pretty good. I wasn't that hungry but the menu didn't do much for me. the espresso creme brule was quite nice.

While on the topic of Sabatini's...sort of...is it worth it to take children to eat there? We are doing the Star in July with our kids and their kids. The little guys are 8 years old. One of them eats anything that isn't nailed down and the other one eats on every third day.

In my opinion, "no."

Eating "anything" is not the same as appreciating what is being eaten. Also, it can be slow dining, slower than in the regular dining room.

Thank you for posting the menus Frank. I actually loved the original Sabatini's menu. The first two times we went we loved it. Two times after not so much so I typically just do the Crown Grill when I sail.

In my opinion, "no."

Eating "anything" is not the same as appreciating what is being eaten. Also, it can be slow dining, slower than in the regular dining room.

Ah yes, I hadn't thought of that. It would be slower and drawn out and they would get antsy. Thanks!

Thank you for posting the menus Frank. I actually loved the original Sabatini's menu. The first two times we went we loved it. Two times after not so much so I typically just do the Crown Grill when I sail.

Happy to help Michelle! :)

I've been disappointed too many times with the new menu's entrées at Sabatini's so like you we go to Crown Grill instead. When we go to Sabatini's it's not for the entrées but for the other courses which we enjoy very much including the fresh pasta of the day. We enjoy the Sabatini's "experience" however our disappointment in the entrées results in us not going there often.

This was the menu we had on the Ruby this past February.

Totally weird but I KNOW we had the old menu on the Sapphire in March because I recognize what both my sister and I ordered as opposed to the menus you posted. Weird.

Guess it was like déjà vu all over again. :p

We didn't go to Sabatini's on the Sapphire in January but the Golden in March had the new menu.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Guess it was like déjà vu all over again. :p

We didn't go to Sabatini's on the Sapphire in January but the Golden in March had the new menu.

To be honest, I would have hated the "new" menu and wouldn't have gone. As it was, I really didn't care for the food in Sabatini's. The lobster three ways was awful... rubbery and obviously previously frozen, reminding me why I really don't like cruise ship lobster. My sister said the crab cakes were delicious.