Ruby Princess Emerald 721 Caution

Once Upon A Time

No...it took 2 years 1 month and 3 days.

Nope, that post from one of the resident morality police was posted on the someday, although you're math to present day is correct. You're right in that this issue has been rehashed on these boards recently.

At first I thought my Hawaiian time was off. Good one though. You had me thinking about posting at 4am local time.

Aloha

The morality policy are everywhere. They monitor the MDR on formal nights, the pool area (chair hogs and men in speedos), balcony doors, theater chair hogs etc. Where or where would we be without their constant monitoring our fellow pax's bad habits? :rolleyes:

I've read a lot about these mini suites - I have E725 on the Crown TA next April but this is the first I have heard about smoke:eek: I know people have reported noise from below (i'm hoping the drinks package will help me sleep through this..!!) but generally I got the impression they were good little cabins as they are covered. What have i done????

I've had Emerald deck mini suites several times and never noticed smoke or noise from the promenade deck. In fact I've found that area to be very quiet. Maybe I've just been lucky but I think you made a good choice. Don't worry about it.

Can anyone confirm that it is JUST the STARBOARD side that is smoking? Or is it port and starboard right below the covered minis on the aft Emerald Deck?

I am happy to confirm that there are NO smoke issues for E720-22-24. We just got off the Ruby on 6-26. There was a bit of bass noise that could be heard in E724 but nothing really annoying and it ended by 10 pm.

We had a terrific cruise.

Cheers, Denise

I am happy to confirm that there are NO smoke issues for E720-22-24. We just got off the Ruby on 6-26. There was a bit of bass noise that could be heard in E724 but nothing really annoying and it ended by 10 pm.

We had a terrific cruise.

Cheers, Denise

Hi Denise! Great to hear you had another excellent cruise. :D

Looked at 731 on Ruby Princess Riviera deck. Is it near a smoking zone of any sort? Also what is smoking situation around Terrace Pool. Can a non-smoker be comfortable there. Thanks for any information.

Blessings, Gail

Guess we have been lucky we love the E723 cabin and have been in this location on 4 trips (3) different ships no smoke. Bass noise from club below for a bit on a few evenings but not enough to dampen our evening. Also no smoke when we sat out. We are in E731 and our sister is in E729 in April they are smokers so one deck down for them will be good. They are also newbies :).

You should have a great cruise in a good location not much foot traffic in the aft halls.

I've had Emerald deck mini suites several times and never noticed smoke or noise from the promenade deck. In fact I've found that area to be very quiet. Maybe I've just been lucky but I think you made a good choice. Don't worry about it.

That's great to hear, thanks for your reassurance, i've always liked the look of the mini's but wasn't so keen on being so exposed on the normal ones, these seemed perfect.

• 1 month later...

We just booked on A751 on Ruby and are first time Princess Cruisers. What's the difference in A751, E751? We are on Deck 12 in a penthouse suite. Is this the same as the beginning poster is speaking of? Confused!

Swh&cv

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Each deck has a name in addition to the number: deck 12 is the Aloha deck and deck 8 is the Emerald deck. Note that the first character in the cabin number corresponds to the first character in the deck name, ie A751 is on the Aloha Deck and is, in this case, four decks above the Emerald (8th) deck.

I hope this reduces your confusion on this point.