Celebrate every milestone and hold your loved ones close

the2ofus

Dear CC Friends,

When DH and I began to cruise together, we discovered we loved HAL and loved cruising. We used every celebration/occasion we could think of to book another cruise, even on a limited budget. Fourteen years ago we discovered he had cancer. We decided to make the most of the time we had left together. Through health problems and a near-fatal accident, we always managed to have a cruise somewhere in the future to help us get through the rough times.

On July 24th, my beloved DH died. We had a cruise booked for October and he told the doctor earlier that week that he did not intend to miss it!! Sadly, this time, he did not make it. I'm not sure yet if I and our other family members will still take the cruise. If we do, he'll be with us in spirit, I'm sure.

My "nom de CC board" remains the same, but we are no longer two.

The2ofus;

Please take that cruise in October along with another relative. I have seen this happen too often and that is why I am retiring early in January 2006. I have fellow workers and my oldest brother who never got to enjoy retirement and traveling.

That is why Mrs Max and I started traveling in 2001. So far one cruise and three trips to Europe with more planned. You definitely did the right thing when you started going and you will have those memories the rest of your life.

Cheers

General Max

You are so right! Each moment together must be savoured. Even if we don't have health issues, the world is so full of uncertainty that anything can happen at any time. That's one reason my DW and I are traveling quite a bit. We know there will come a day when we can't enjoy cruising together. Maybe serious illness, death, or even economics will prevent it some day down the road. So we're "going for it" now with no regrets.

Oh, and if there's anything you need to say to anybody, say it NOW!

I am so sorry for your loss - words just seem so inadequate. We lost my husband's best friend on the 24th also - maybe the two guys are enjoying themselves together in Heaven.(sigh) My prayers are with you.

DH had a sextuple bypass 7 years ago and I consider each day he is with me a blessing.

Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers.

You and your family will be in our prayers.

I am glad you have happy memories of your cruises together. I'm sure each time you cruise in the future the memories will return and your DH will 'visit' your heart. He wil be with you wherever you go.

God Bless

Thetwoofus,

I am so very sorry for you loss. Your message is no poignant for all of us. Not a one of us has any guarantee about tomorrow.

I hope you find comfort in all of your wonderful memories of happy times aboard ships with your dear husband.

Please continue to come here often.....you are 'one of us' and if we can provide some comfort, we all want to do that.

God Bless.....

I am so sorry for your loss. I hope you will still keep on cruising. I'm sure after awhile you will find someone (even a relative) to go with you. Again -- so sorry and you are in our prayers. Penny

The2ofus,

May God richly bless you and hold you close and comfort you, now and always. Please know that many of us are praying for you, and others are holding you in their thoughts during this sad time.

If you ever need to write off the board, please don't hesitate: revneal@aol.com

Be blessed,

I am so sorry for your loss. Thank you so very much for putting the world in perspective for the rest of us. You are blessed to have the memories of your wonderful experiences with your beloved husband. You are an example to all of us. I hope we can all cherish each other the way you and your wonderful husband did and learn from your experience.

May you always remain "The2ofus" in your heart.

Linda

Dear the2ofus,

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. You're in my thoughts and prayers. Love is the greatest accomplisment of all and I hope that your wonderful memories will provide some measure of comfort.

Will

My heart goes out to you. I lost my DH almost 7 years ago, before I discovered cruising as a wonderful experience. However, we did do some land travel together; now I know that we would have had wonderful times together on cruises. Keep your spirits up, acknowlege and cherish those great memories and keep on cruising! My prayers are with you.

the2ofus

We are so sorry to hear of your loss.

I wish we had had the chance to meet you. You were on one of our cruises - Maasdam - 2003 - but didn't come to the cc get together.

This is one of the reasons why we cruise a lot - after DH had his heart attack - we figured we might as well keep traveling while we can. You never what will happen.

Take the cruise in October - you will be with family - that way you won't be home alone.

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. I hope the wonderful memories the two of you had together will give you some comfort. I do hope you decide to take the cruise in October as well; I'm sure he'll be with you in spirit.

How very blessed you are to have such wonderful memories. So sorry for your loss. How smart you were to continue living and enjoying each other through such hard times. I feel very fortunate to have you share with us your story. We so often forget what is really important and complain about such silly things. Please continue to sail and enjoy your love for cruising with your close friends and relatives.

This board is so very special it is like one big family. You have shared your sorrow with us and here less than 5 hours later, twenty have responded and conveyed their condolences.

I am so sorry to hear of your loss, but am so pleased to learn that you have made the most of your time together.

Please consider taking the cruise in October, you will be with family and I am sure your DH would not want it any other way. God bless . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Miss Me – But Let Me Go

When I Come To The End Of The Road

And The Sun Has Set For Me,

I Want No Rites In A Gloom-Filled Room;

Why Cry For A Soul Set Free?

Miss Me A Little – But Not Too Long

And Not With Your Head Bowed Low,

Remember The Love That We Once Shared.

Miss Me – But Let Me Go.

For This Is A Journey That We All Must Take

And Each Must Go Alone.

It’s All A Part Of The Master’s Plan

A Step On The Road To Home.

When You Are Lonely And Sick Of Heart,

Go To The Friends We Know

And Bury Your Sorrows In Doing Good Deeds,

Miss Me – But Let Me Go.

-author unknown

I am very sorry for your loss, please take care of yourself. I think you will find it very healing to cruise with your family, it will not be easy but in the end so worth it I think.

Erlene

the2ofus

May God bless you with his comfort and peace.

"Love is a flower rooted in Souls with memories for Blossoms to gather and hold"

You were wise enough to create many wonderful memories of cruising together. Continue to enjoy cruising, he will surely be near you.

Thank you for the gentle reminder that we all need to live our lives each day .. and cherish the time we have together. It is such an important message for us all ..

So very sorry for your loss .. may your many wonderful memories continue to bring you peace and comfort .. he walks with the angels and will always be with you.

You will remain in our daily thoughts and prayers..

Take care,

Peggy

Archived