Sigh - drinks package question

Adidas4fun

I suppose it could be down to different drinks waiters. We were on the same cruise in Select Dining and across 14 nights had 3 different wine waiters. All were excellent. Friendly and very efficient and remembered our drinks when they saw us next. Never had an empty glass on our table and we were all on the Premium package.

In any case if what happened to you happened to us we would have quiet word with the head waiter and would not tolerate 14 nights of it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Definitely do not tolerate bad service, just ask the matre' de to be moved to another table/ area.:D

We only had the issue once. Our fist course arrived and no wine had been poured. We did not even pick up silverware, the waiter and asst waiter noticed and asked if there was a problem. We said we want wine with the food,they got the sommelier,not another problem that evening.

On all other evenings before and after we had excellent wine service. Always mentioned, if I thought I wanted different wines with courses at the first order.

We actually did this recently and our meals were removed and reordered as we specifically requested that we would like to have a glass of sparkling wine together pre first course while we looked at the menu. We also requested our first wine served with the first course or reasonably close to enjoy both together.

After this first hiccup , it was fine from then on . On one particularly busy MDR night our wine waiter asked for our wine selections for each course and poured us 3 different glasses at once ! Table was a little crowded but it was amusing.

Agree that its best to tell the wine waiter you require wines to match food so will probably order different wines during the evening.

Agree that its best to tell the wine waiter you require wines to match food so will probably order different wines during the evening.

They are most willing to help people enjoy their cruise, just ask politely and they will oblige to ensureyour needs and wants are fulfilled.:D

To me best thing ever happening for a cruise:

123-G0

free classic alcohol package

$11.50 a day upgrade to premium---PRICELESS

Agree with you - except the wine by glass list now included in the Premium Package is extremely ordinary and many previously included require you to pay extra on top of the package price. These are wines previously included like Dry Creek Zinfandel , Conundrum , the Pouilly Fusse offered etc. :(

So if I have gathered right from some other threads if you have paid for a drinks package and you order a more expensive drink you only pay "the difference" not the full price.

Celebrity posted here that they were 99% certain that was the case and would get back to us ...still waiting for them to get back to us. :(

Celebrity posted here that they were 99% certain that was the case and would get back to us ...still waiting for them to get back to us. :(

Don't worry, CC have answered it for you but it is on their bucket list:p

I suppose it could be down to different drinks waiters. We were on the same cruise in Select Dining and across 14 nights had 3 different wine waiters. All were excellent. Friendly and very efficient and remembered our drinks when they saw us next. Never had an empty glass on our table and we were all on the Premium package.

In any case if what happened to you happened to us we would have quiet word with the head waiter and would not tolerate 14 nights of it.

We only had 7 nights in the MDR (the other 7 nights in the speciality restaurants) and were not on select dining. I did have a word with the head waiter about the poor waiter service and the poor wine service. The waiter service improved a little but the wine service never did. Perhaps it was our fault for not wishing to drink the same wine every night. Our quiz partners were in select dining and had no trouble with their drinks but everyone on my table had problems with their wine orders at some time or other. I find it very annoying to see the wine waiter chatting away to other guests three tables away when we have been waiting 30 minutes for service. We found the service in the speciality restaurants, Maurano excepted, to be very good but then we were paying a considerable premium for it.

We only had 7 nights in the MDR (the other 7 nights in the speciality restaurants) and were not on select dining. I did have a word with the head waiter about the poor waiter service and the poor wine service. The waiter service improved a little but the wine service never did. Perhaps it was our fault for not wishing to drink the same wine every night. Our quiz partners were in select dining and had no trouble with their drinks but everyone on my table had problems with their wine orders at some time or other. I find it very annoying to see the wine waiter chatting away to other guests three tables away when we have been waiting 30 minutes for service. We found the service in the speciality restaurants, Maurano excepted, to be very good but then we were paying a considerable premium for it.

Ok. Maybe in club dining the wine waiters are all in demand at the same time whereas in select its staggered!

Here is my "RUFF" run down of a day with a drink pkg on another thread:

For us at least, the package was not just about booze. It was everything else that the pkg includes.

A speciality coffee each on the balcony while the wifester is putting on her face, $5 ea.

Evian or San Pellegrino with fresh squeezed juice with that second coffee at breakfast, $15 ea.

Grab a bottle water on the way to stake out a deck chair, $4 ea.

$24 each before any mind altering liquid is consumed.

A beer or the drink of the day by the pool, $6 ea

Then off to lunch, maybe a soda, or another San Pellegrino $5 ea

The sun is hot hot hot! A cold beer or drink of the day is in order, $6 ea

The burger at the Mast Grill is calling our names, it does not go down with out some liquid assistance, $5 ea, then it is time to meet friends to watch the sun set from the Sunset Bar, $6 ea. Afternoon total $28.

And the evening fun has yet to begin.

San Pellegrino and a couple of glasses of wine with dinner, and another speciality coffee with desert, $26 ea

Now it is time for some mind altering sampling to happen, or not A cocktail with friends at one of the watering holes on ship $7 ea, or 2 if we are letting our hair down!

One more bottle water on the way back to the cabin just in case we get thirsty during the night, $4. Evening total, $44.

Morning, $24, day, $28, evening $44, total $96.00 each useing the low end of the cost scale and not much mind altering substance.

Some evening's we will grab another coffee ( or worse) and go and sit on deck 5 to unwind, listen to the swoosh of the waves gently breaking down the side of the ship before heading to the cabin.

We upgraded to the Premium on the Reflection last Nov as most of the wine the wifester drank was at a higher price point, as were my selections from the Craft beer menu.

What did the upgrade cost per day? Can you get the basic package for free (i.e. With the 123 package) and then upgrade to the premium package?

Does the package include bottled water?

Because we are Elite we will also have the most nights cocktail party with some free drinks.

Thanks and have a great next cruise.

What did the upgrade cost per day? Can you get the basic package for free (i.e. With the 123 package) and then upgrade to the premium package?

Does the package include bottled water?

Because we are Elite we will also have the most nights cocktail party with some free drinks.

Thanks and have a great next cruise.

The upgrade is $11.50 per day, and yes bottle water is included.

• 1 month later...

Can one buy a bottle of liquor and take it back to the cabin? I thought I read that if you buy liquor in a shop on board, it is kept until the cruise is over. Obviously I'm confused so thanks for your help.:confused:

Linda in Savannah, GA

The bottle of liquor will be held until the last night, whether you buy it in the onboard shops or in a port. YOu can order a bottle set up through the website and it will be in your cabin when you arrive along w/ mixers. 2 price points…. $80 or $100.

We departed our cruise this week. We upgraded our classic to premium using our OBC. I'd say that this package was one of the best things we've ever done. Loved this concept. Kind of hooked us on celebrity too.

You can always get a drink and take it back to your room.

Edited by Pushka
x

We departed our cruise this week. We upgraded our classic to premium using our OBC. I'd say that this package was one of the best things we've ever done. Loved this concept. Kind of hooked us on celebrity too.

You can always get a drink and take it back to your room.

Great.......thanks so much.:)

My experience in the MDR on Summit was that once we told the sommelier we had the package, we would leave the wine bottle on the table. We we had a table of 10 and I at least one night each person ordered a different wine. At one point, we had 10 bottles of wine on the table!!

Ordering cocktails in the MDR has always been a problem and slow - with or without the package.

Using the package at the bars works well. As with any bar, I always find that making friends with your favorite bartender always helps - with or without the package.