Nine days to Vision OTS

Well, a week from tomorrow we will be headed to Fort Lauderdale for our second adventure on Vision of the Seas.

Here of late, there have been several reviews that tend to indicate things are not the best on board. Hopefully, these issues will have been addressed and our experience aboard Vision will be up to par with our last time aboard the ship.

As has become normal for me, I will do another review when we return, but I want to try and be a touch proactive on this trip so I'm going to ask my fellow CC addicts to please list some things you would like to know about on this thread.

Thursday or Friday of next week I'll get the most common questions put together in some nice neat (HAH!!) little list and take it with me on the trip. With a bit of luck, I'll be able to get all the answers and bring them back for the review.

I won't promise to get them all, but I'll make an effort to get as many as possible.

This will be Vision's first visit to Bermuda and those of us on the roll call have had quite a fun time talking about our plans for the trip. Now to make it happen!

Nothing in particular to ask about but very interested in your opinion on the latest "gripes" about Vision. We have been sailing on the big ships lately and decided to try Vision this year for a change. It will be DH, myself, and our 19 year old son :what: Doing the 5 night with a new port (Roatan) to try it out. Any advice you or others sailing is very much appreciated.

No problem Bob, I will be gunning to do the best I can. I've scooped so much information out of people's heads on this board over the years, this helps to pay it forward a bit.

Nothing in particular to ask about but very interested in your opinion on the latest "gripes" about Vision. We have been sailing on the big ships lately and decided to try Vision this year for a change. It will be DH, myself, and our 19 year old son :what: Doing the 5 night with a new port (Roatan) to try it out. Any advice you or others sailing is very much appreciated.

Frankly I'm more than a touch concerned. I have a friend that works on Vision and we were planning to catch up with her when we board. She emailed me last week and said she was headed home the day we got on. So barring a lucky path crossing in the terminal, won't get to see her at all. I know that she loves the ship so I'm hoping that her trip home is just a required break and not her getting out of a bad spot.

I'm not discounting any of the negatives I have seen posted. Some of them could possibly attributed to the recent trips being shorty cruises. Those do tend to have a rowdier crowd on board and have a reputation of not always being the best trips. However, not all of the issues can be laid on that.

On the upside, Capt Lis and Capt Ban both have a good reps among passengers and crew alike. So whatever has thrown things off, it shouldn't be a problem from the command deck.

I'm interested in what order the MDR menus are so I can plan a Chops night if you could please. Thank you!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Are referring to the "theme" of the menus? That won't be hard to do at all. I can write those down easily. I'll tag specific items here and there, but to be frank I don't typically do many food pics. Food is insanely subjective. Still, I will note anything especially good or especially disappoint.

Can you tell me if there is a separate entrance at the pier for Suite guests ? I cannot remember from my Liberty cruise. We are sailing in July.

Thanks.

At the very least you should have a separate line once inside. It is quite possible that you'll be sharing the line with C&A members as well, but they usually handle that well. I'll check it.

Can you tell me if there is a separate entrance at the pier for Suite guests ? I cannot remember from my Liberty cruise. We are sailing in July.

Thanks.

I can tell you from my 5 night on Vision May 12th that when we boarded there was a separate line for suite guests..

Thank you. Have a great cruise. I will be looking forward to your honest review of the cruise. I am bringing my 4 sisters, 3 nieces and 2 daughters; most have not cruised before and I would like to make it a pleasant experience for them.

I will get getting on today and will report back! 5 night cruise so hoping the "bar crowd" were all on last week for the holiday weekend!

I'm a tad worried too but also know that a cruise is what I make of it myself! Other passenger's behavior will only affect my cruise if I let them!

I do know one thing for sure; it beats going to work next week!

When I get off on Thursday I'm driving over to Marco Island for 3 days. I've never stayed after the cruise; always arrived a few days earlier but decided to switch things around...this will also be my first solo cruise.

Cheers to sunny skies and somebody else cooking for me!

I will get getting on today and will report back! 5 night cruise so hoping the "bar crowd" were all on last week for the holiday weekend!

I'm a tad worried too but also know that a cruise is what I make of it myself! Other passenger's behavior will only affect my cruise if I let them!

When I get off on Thursday I'm driving over to Marco Island for 3 days. I've never stayed after the cruise; always arrived a few days earlier but decided to switch things around...this will also be my first solo cruise.

There will be many of us waiting for your return and a review! Have a wonderful time.

I can tell you from my 5 night on Vision May 12th that when we boarded there was a separate line for suite guests..

Verified from our May 22 sailing also.

There was a separate line once you hit the terminal, and then upstairs also.

I like your attitude! :D

Glad to see that there will be some new reviews on Vision soon. I also was very surprised at some of the latest reviews. It was a symphony of either awful or awesome. :confused: We are sailing on her in September so it will be interesting to hear what you have to say. Looking forward to the review.

We're doing the next 10 day-er to Bermuda in August.

I'm interested in knowing how often they have trivia and if it's the same time every day.

Love trivia and try to make my plans around it! :D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

I don't typically do many food pics. Food is insanely subjective. Still, I will note anything especially good or especially disappoint.

I do take food pics so will help there lol :) see you soon on Vision!!

My family is contemplating the August 18 Bermuda sailing; will be the week after both mine and my mom's birthdays (and it's a round-number year again for us). Trying to persuade others to join us but it looks like we need to book ASAP as there are very few cabins other than insides left.

I am confident you will report back that the negative reviews are an aberration, especially the ones over the holiday weekend where crowds and expectations were much higher than normal.

My question is about the sea days. I am certainly not worried about being bored, but since this is a somewhat unusual itinerary--10 days with three at sea plus two with mid-afternoon port arrivals--I am wondering if there will be any activities not usually found on an RC Caribbean cruise, or if the "vibe" is any different than you have felt on your past cruises.

I know that is kind of vague. But thanks again for offering. I have seen on other boards an "any questions?" thread gather 50-60 responses in one afternoon; of course the OP is so overwhelmed they never come back. Hoping this stays civil, and wishing an early Bon Voyage.

Glad to see that there will be some new reviews on Vision soon. I also was very surprised at some of the latest reviews. It was a symphony of either awful or awesome. :confused: We are sailing on her in September so it will be interesting to hear what you have to say. Looking forward to the review.

Near as I could tell, the "awful" started with the repositioning to Ft Lauderdale. Max'smom had a great in depth review from their Central America cruises on Vision.

I do take food pics so will help there lol :) see you soon on Vision!!

Awesome! Between the two of us, we will have everything covered very neatly. :)

My husband and I sailed Vision on May 17 and in spite of a small dining room problem and slow internet, we had a great time. Staff were very nice, ship looks great and we were on vacation which always makes us happy. Enjoy your trips.