Crown & Anchor Points for old cruise???

I know this has been discussed on here before, but I can't remember the details. My husband took a cruise back in 2001 that is not registered under our Crown & Anchor points. He could give RCCL the name of the ship and the sail date....but what does it mean when it says they need proof? Anyone know?

Having credit for this sailing would help a lot....

RCI will credit it if the cruise can be proven and will try to verify it internally, but anything you can add in terms of proof of the sailing will help. Even pictures with you on or next to the ship should help with verification. If you used a TA - even though it was in 2001 - they should be able to support with their records.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

RCI will credit it if the cruise can be proven and will try to verify it internally, but anything you can add in terms of proof of the sailing will help. Even pictures with you on or next to the ship should help with verification. If you used a TA - even though it was in 2001 - they should be able to support with their records.

Thank you neighbor!!!! E-A-G-L-E-S...EAGLES!!!!!!!!!!!

They will want a booking number and sail date at least...Good luck...The irony of it is RCCL gave me credit for two cruises I did not take..Go figure..

So jealous!!!! How in the world did that happen??? Ssshhhh...you better keep it under your hat. :D

I took a cruise twenty years ago on a ship rci doesn't even have anymore (Viking Serenade). Since I'm sailing again this July for the first time since, I contacted them about using my old cruise to join Crown and Anchor. They looked but couldn't find my records. They asked me for any proof I could find, including sea pass card or even pictures of me on the ship. I managed to find my sea pass card and pictures of me on the ship and even my old boarding pass. I sent them copies and they quickly added me to C&A and gave me my three points for my old cruise. Not much, but it was kind of cool to dig up my old cruise stuff and get credit from my trip twenty years ago.

This is awesome! Gives me hope. His cruise was in 2001. I'm praying they can locate him internally because his sister did all the bookings for all of them back then and he didn't hold on to any of the documentation. Fingers crossed....thanks guys!

SUCCESS!!!! I just got off of the phone with C&A. They were able to pull him up right away with his name and sail date. So now...instead of us being one point shy of Platinum after next year's sailing...we will be platinum. Every point counts! Woohooo!

SUCCESS!!!! I just got off of the phone with C&A. They were able to pull him up right away with his name and sail date. So now...instead of us being one point shy of Platinum after next year's sailing...we will be platinum. Every point counts! Woohooo!

Congrats! Glad it worked out for you. C & A in our experience tries to do the right thing for their members.

yep, C&A will fix the points for you. when I got back from my cruise in Feb, the system deducted 14 points:(, it was not registering a 12 day cruise I had taken in 2004. I called them and in less than a month, my points were added again.

Thanks everyone! This leads me to another question...

How long before I will see the points show up? C&A said about two weeks...does it really take that long. I know, I know...I'm so inpatient! hehehehe

I'm just going to be obsessively checking from now till then.

How long before I will see the points show up? C&A said about two weeks...does it really take that long. I know, I know...I'm so inpatient! hehehehe

The soonest we've see the points posted has been 6 days from when we got off the ship.

It can take 5 - 10 working days.

I just did the same thing about a month ago, added a cruise from 1992. They told me it would be two weeks, but it took two days.

Prior to 2004 (I think) they only awarded 1 point per cruise, now it's 1 point per night per cruise (except suites).

Although the cruise was taken in 2001, we are getting 7 points for it, so they must have transferred everything to the new system. She said we would go from 22 points to 29 points. I'll take it! :)

Although the cruise was taken in 2001, we are getting 7 points for it, so they must have transferred everything to the new system. She said we would go from 22 points to 29 points. I'll take it! :)

I got 7 points for my 1980's and 1990's 7 day cruises

Every point does count! Be sure to get your Platinum Balcony Discount if you are booked in a balcony cabin - IMO, the best perk of upper tier status. :)