Just off the Oasis, any questions?

I think the cruise reviews that I read before going on the Oasis here were amazing, and couldn't come close to doing one so detailed, but am happy to answer any questions, as you all helped me in the planning phase, as well as the "I can't wait for my cruise" phase. I had a great vacation (8th on Royal). I traveled with my husband, 19 year old son and his friend from college. We met some great people, ate way too much, drank even more, and relaxed for the past 7 days. I still can't find my stateroom attendant in my house, or my waiter or chef! I'd be happy to answer any questions, or share specific photos if you want. I did sneak into the owners suite, another suite ? grand? , and the loft balconies while we were waiting to depart. We stayed in a boardwalk balcony 11th floor - loved it.

We have a boardwalk balcony on deck 12 the last one in the back to be exact. Was there much noise from the boardwalk and if so could you hear anything with the door shut and sealed tight?

We were 3 from the back. . During day there was pleasant noise. .. But we weren't in cabin much. Evening aqua show or fountain music. . I liked hearing it and often left door cracked. The only time I heard noise was when basketball game was on. .2 nights. . And adp of a sudden the crowd cheered.

In Jamaica they back in. . Go on the balcony in back and watch. .

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Forums mobile app

We were on the Allure three weeks ago and our thermostat was at lowest setting always, but we found our room to get very warm during the middle of the night, now we are finding ourselves to booking our next family cruise next year but I am hesitant to go on the Oasis because I am afraid I be hot at night again during sleep, did this happen to you also on the Oasis?

No, not at all. I heard the central park balconies were warm, but not the boardwalk ones. I left the door open when we went to dinner (and then out for a few more hours), and room was warm when we came back. But after 1/2 hour it cooled back down. I was under all the blankets (even with hot flashes, it wasn't too warm). The elevators were warm, but seemed like they were always full.

I asked this question this afternoon on a new thread but so far no replies. Perhaps you will know...

There is an open area on the Oasis deck plan mid-ship, halfway between the forward and aft elevators. (Central Park area of ship)

The open area is on floors 10,11 and 12. The open area extends between cabins 10217-10229 and 10617-10629 as well as the same cabin ranges on decks 11 ans 12.

Any idea what is housed in that area? I'm contemplating booking a cabin that adjoins this area on one side and would like to know what the view is.

Thanks in advance for any information you may have.

We were on the Allure three weeks ago and our thermostat was at lowest setting always, but we found our room to get very warm during the middle of the night, now we are finding ourselves to booking our next family cruise next year but I am hesitant to go on the Oasis because I am afraid I be hot at night again during sleep, did this happen to you also on the Oasis?

We just got off oasis yesterday. My comment on the thermostat - we were told to keep the "master switch" turned on in order to keep the AC running. This switch is very apparent next to the other light switches.

We just got off allure today and we kept our cabin at the lowest temp and we froze in our room. Our alarm clock has a thermometer in it and it read 68 every day...brrrrr.