Just off the Oasis, any questions?

I asked this question this afternoon on a new thread but so far no replies. Perhaps you will know...

There is an open area on the Oasis deck plan mid-ship, halfway between the forward and aft elevators. (Central Park area of ship)

The open area is on floors 10,11 and 12. The open area extends between cabins 10217-10229 and 10617-10629 as well as the same cabin ranges on decks 11 ans 12.

Any idea what is housed in that area? I'm contemplating booking a cabin that adjoins this area on one side and would like to know what the view is.

Thanks in advance for any information you may have.

Fishon55 I walked by this area on deck 11 over and over again, going to my son's cabin. I remember seeing doors, where crew came in and out of, supplies maybe? Down by 11277 there was a set of elevators where luggage came from. I will check with my husband and son to see if they remember. The Owners suite and Grand suite's are right before this area you are talking about.

Fishon55 I walked by this area on deck 11 over and over again, going to my son's cabin. I remember seeing doors, where crew came in and out of, supplies maybe? Down by 11277 there was a set of elevators where luggage came from. I will check with my husband and son to see if they remember. The Owners suite and Grand suite's are right before this area you are talking about.

jdapowers: Thank you so much for taking the time to respond. Another poster on another thread suggested that the area was adjacent to the living plant wall. They also mentioned that a crew stairwell might be enclosed behind the wall. If that's the case, that cabin could potentially be noisy. Hoping to hear from someone that might have stayed in one of the cabins mentioned in my original post.

Hey, I am sailing soon on the Allure OTS and was wondering what dining option you chose (if any) and which you'd recommend. I've been reading several reviews and many have suggested Chops. Whats your opinion if you'd tired it and if not, where did you go and what is your review of it?:D

We were on the same Oasis cruise in balcony room 10554 and we thought our cabin was hot and we never touched the master switch. I typically bring sweaters on cruises because I am always cold but I was hot this cruise. But that is a minor point because this ship is AMAZING! Everything about our cruise was perfect and I can't wait to go again. We did all of the specialty restaurants and loved all of them. 150 was our favorite by far! I would eat there every night if I could. Impeccable service and food!

Edited by SP4

SP4 even though the sleeping in the warm room was totally uncomfortable I have to agree with you because we just booked her sister ship the Oasis for next year, so true amazing ship the best I even been on. (also hoping the Oasis cabins aren't warm during the night too)

We ate at the specialty restaurants every night, granted 150 Central Parc was good we probably won't go there again as we already experienced it and although it was very good it didn't wow any of us. Samba grill was horrible the worst dinner we had on any cruise, Chops was not up to par on this ship but it was good (probably better than the main dining room), Giovanni's I would go back and Vintages was great we had two lunches here.

I think the cruise reviews that I read before going on the Oasis here were amazing, and couldn't come close to doing one so detailed, but am happy to answer any questions, as you all helped me in the planning phase, as well as the "I can't wait for my cruise" phase. I had a great vacation (8th on Royal). I traveled with my husband, 19 year old son and his friend from college. We met some great people, ate way too much, drank even more, and relaxed for the past 7 days. I still can't find my stateroom attendant in my house, or my waiter or chef! I'd be happy to answer any questions, or share specific photos if you want. I did sneak into the owners suite, another suite ? grand? , and the loft balconies while we were waiting to depart. We stayed in a boardwalk balcony 11th floor - loved it.

We will be in Boardwalk Balconies on deck 9, my son and his friends will be in 9729...we also have 9721 and 9705... is it a really long walk to everywhere?...how convenient is this area to getting around the ship...would you choose it again or would you now look at other areas based on staying in those rooms....I am thinking in moving my 9721 room to an ocean balcony across the hall...or is a boardwalk balcony the best of both worlds?...thanks in advance for any feedback

lovesthebeach what was your cabin number and deck, I like to keep that in mind for future?

Lyndamr we were in 11206. We kept the master switch on all the time, although a few times we saw that our attendant turned it off. But I don't think that affected the a/c. BUT if you go on your balcony and don't lock the door down, the air stays off. So every time we went out we kept locking the balcony door. And we FROZE in the room :D

We will be in Boardwalk Balconies on deck 9, my son and his friends will be in 9729...we also have 9721 and 9705... is it a really long walk to everywhere?...how convenient is this area to getting around the ship...would you choose it again or would you now look at other areas based on staying in those rooms....I am thinking in moving my 9721 room to an ocean balcony across the hall...or is a boardwalk balcony the best of both worlds?...thanks in advance for any feedback

jillmom2

I loved 11325 boardwalk balcony room. We had ocean views, great view of aqua theater and boardwalk. Although if you are all traveling together, you may want an ocean view balcony too, if not much more money. It would be more private. I didn't find the walking to be crazy long, and my husband who might complain about it didn't either. I walk an average of 10-12000 steps a day for the past 4 years, and figured I'd have no problem on this cruise without actually "exercising". I struggled to get my 10,000 steps some days. A few nights I had to go out for a walk just to make my goal. I calculated it one day and to go from our room at the aft of the ship to the Solarium Bistro at the very front of the ship was 500 steps.

We were on the Allure three weeks ago and our thermostat was at lowest setting always, but we found our room to get very warm during the middle of the night, now we are finding ourselves to booking our next family cruise next year but I am hesitant to go on the Oasis because I am afraid I be hot at night again during sleep, did this happen to you also on the Oasis?

This happens on most ships I have found and also in some hotels. In a way to conserve energy there is a sensor on the a/c that shuts it off if there is no movement in the room. However, my daughter suffers from very bad allergies and she definitely needs the a/c at night at full blast so we have learned that if you ask your cabin steward to bypass the sensor they can and will do that so you will never have problems with a warm cabin at night. :)

I also have asthma and need the ac I never thought of that and thank you for mentioning. On another note, I do the chicken dance in my sleep I always toss and turn and even more when its warm in the room lol.

Edited by lyndamr

I also have asthma and need the ac I never thought of that and thank you for mentioning. On another note, I do the chicken dance in my sleep I always toss and turn and even more when its warm in the room lol.

No problem...we usually have this done the first day when your steward comes around to introduce himself. Give him a few dollars and your set for the whole week. There is nothing worse than a hot room when you are trying to get a good nights sleep. At least to me there isn't.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
I asked this question this afternoon on a new thread but so far no replies. Perhaps you will know...

There is an open area on the Oasis deck plan mid-ship, halfway between the forward and aft elevators. (Central Park area of ship)

The open area is on floors 10,11 and 12. The open area extends between cabins 10217-10229 and 10617-10629 as well as the same cabin ranges on decks 11 ans 12.

Any idea what is housed in that area? I'm contemplating booking a cabin that adjoins this area on one side and would like to know what the view is.

Thanks in advance for any information you may have.

Facing out to Central Park that is a living wall with vines growing up them.

Directly behind them is the crew elevators. ce9b98dd7ddeb34ef2f36a7f0d2ef56a.jpg

This is an older photo they have completely filled in

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk