Miami Hotel Suggestions

Lyndihop

We got a great deal at the EPIC Hotel, so have stayed there. Also stayed at the Gansevoort which was spectacular. I prefer the Epic though bc the restaurant in the hotel called ZUMA is one of my favorites.

We stayed across the street at the JW..gorgeous views. ZUMA was excellent!!! Well worth the $$$$ :) There is also a great happy hour bar near the other Marriot Hotel...great appetizers and drinks!

If you like seafood The River Oyster House is spot on too. My friend's buddy owns it and it's fantastic. All locals!

I believe the name is Truluck's...happy hour was all locals. I'm going to mark The River Oyster House down for our next visit. THANKS!!!

I had to google the yacht "JustJen"outside of Zuma's...we thought it may have been JLo's. Dumb tourists! LOL!:)

Edited by 20pluscruises

Your welcome! I have heard here on CC Intercontnental Hotel...maybe do a search in the search engine above to find out more.

We just booked at the Intercontinental. I asked them if they provide any shuttle services and they said no. Taxi it is!

We normally cruise with another couple. When sailing out of Miami, where the cost of a cab from the airport to the pier is more than most places, we rent a car when we arrive the day before our cruise.

We then travel 45 minutes or so to an area we have not been to and stay at a Hampton or Holiday Inn in a smaller town. Each couple saves $75 - $100 on the hotel rate by not being right in Miami. We get to see a new area and the next day we return the car and use the free car rental

shuttle to the pier.

We save a couple hundred bucks on the hotel rooms, see a new area around Miami, and save the $30-$35 cab charge to the pier. A one day car rental is usually about $40.

We fly into MIA......that being said we need a hotel to provide shuttle from the airport and to the port.

What are some of my choices??

A few of the budget options near the MIA airport offer both airport and port shuttles -- they are okay if you are arriving late and just want a bed and a ride to POM in the morning. La Quinta East, Comfort Suites North and Springhill Suites Medical center are most oftne suggested.

Downtown hotels are about a $25+ cab ride from MIA; another $12-13+ cab ride will get you to POM the next morning. Check out the Hampton Inn Mary Brickell, Doubletree, Marriott, Hyatt, IC and Holiday Inn.

Looking for nightlife, great dining and the beach? Head to Miami Beach - cab from MIA to South Beach will run about $32+; taxi from SB to POM will run about $15+

We used the Hilton Miami Downtown in April. No shuttle, but taxi was only about $9. There was a Publix market across the street which was handy. If you get a bay view room you can see the ships that are in port. I think we paid $188 plus tax.

We fly into MIA......that being said we need a hotel to provide shuttle from the airport and to the port.

I have booked Hilton Miami Airport with their cruise pckg. Included airport pick up, breakfast for 2 and transportation to cruise terminal.

Hi, you have been given some very good tips.

I would also suggest going over to the "Florida Forum".....you will

find pages and pages of the same question, along with pages

of answers........along with lots of other "Florida questions"

Here is a link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=672

make sure you check prices of hotels, keeping in mind that a taxi in miami is "fixed rate"...from airport to port is $25 (so $30 with tip).

i just checked the miami hilton airport for an upcoming trip and price was $189 for regular room, or $219 for same room with "free" shuttle to port...same price as a taxi would be.