CD Keith WIlliams

I personally love him. He's one of the 'old school' era, not a comedian or pushing his own agenda, but just presenting the shows, hosting the events and making sure it's the ship you're enjoying, not his personality. He started out with RCI as part of the production cast many moons ago.

• 2 months later...

I know this is two months old, but I wanted to add something about Keith Williams.

He is a great cruise director. Very respectable man. We enjoyed him. He is very capable and is not just a comic character. He actually "runs" and "manages" things. His activities staff was very good. He participates in most of the activities organized, such as the Walk for Wishes. Many cruise directors do not do this,...they just hawk the t shirts! Keith was always around, very sociable and a pleasure to sail with. He is not the type of person you would see hosting the Quest in his underwear.....like that total moron Leigh !:rolleyes:

Keith has been photographed in some Royal Caribbean ads, recent one being the early ads for the Quantum.

I know this is two months old, but I wanted to add something about Keith Williams.

He is a great cruise director. Very respectable man. We enjoyed him. He is very capable and is not just a comic character. He actually "runs" and "manages" things. His activities staff was very good. He participates in most of the activities organized, such as the Walk for Wishes. Many cruise directors do not do this,...they just hawk the t shirts! Keith was always around, very sociable and a pleasure to sail with. He is not the type of person you would see hosting the Quest in his underwear.....like that total moron Leigh !:rolleyes:

Keith has been photographed in some Royal Caribbean ads, recent one being the early ads for the Quantum.

Hi Arzeena,

This is Sue from the June Explorer cruise. My sister and I are taking one last Explorer cruise October 9-18 and I was interested in the CD that was replacing Leigh while he was on vacation.

Thank you for your comments/information about Keith Williams, this is actually the type of CD that I prefer. Hope you and RJ are doing fine. It has been a busy summer for the girls and I. Kristin starts college tomorrow.

Take care, I believe you have a cruise coming up soon also. Have fun.

Sue

Hi Arzeena,

This is Sue from the June Explorer cruise. My sister and I are taking one last Explorer cruise October 9-18 and I was interested in the CD that was replacing Leigh while he was on vacation.

Thank you for your comments/information about Keith Williams, this is actually the type of CD that I prefer. Hope you and RJ are doing fine. It has been a busy summer for the girls and I. Kristin starts college tomorrow.

Take care, I believe you have a cruise coming up soon also. Have fun.

Sue

Hi Sue!

So happy to hear from you! We think about you often. Drop me an email sometime...arzeena6@gmail.com. Regards to the girls and good luck with college. We will be cruising in November.

• 3 weeks later...

I just returned from a 9-night Canada/NE sailing with Keith. I found him to be very professional, approachable, and appropriately humorous (he tended to be more of the straight guy on his morning show, "Coffee Talk", leaving more if the comedy for the Activities Manager, TT). He would never be mistaken for Richard Spacey, but that is fine as it is not his personality. His staff seems to truly respect him and all get along well together as a result. By the end of the cruise he was stopping to talk to us every time he spotted us. I'd give him top marks for a job well done.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We had him on our April Explorer cruise and thought he was great. My DW got to walk/talk with him on the Make a Wish walk. Hope we have him on another cruise. Also had him on the Enchantment in 2012.

Edited by smalltimecruiser100

I just returned from a 9-night Canada/NE sailing with Keith. I found him to be very professional, approachable, and appropriately humorous (he tended to be more of the straight guy on his morning show, "Coffee Talk", leaving more if the comedy for the Activities Manager, TT). He would never be mistaken for Richard Spacey, but that is fine as it is not his personality. His staff seems to truly respect him and all get along well together as a result. By the end of the cruise he was stopping to talk to us every time he spotted us. I'd give him top marks for a job well done.

We were on the Canada/NE sailing before yours and had the same opinion of Keith. Very professional and competent. Every time we saw him, he was friendly and polite. I also second the earlier comment about Keith being more of a host to the ship's entertainment and activities, rather than the star.

Similar in style to Bill Brunkhorst and Mike Hunnerup. Certainly not a Richard Spacey or a Graham Seymour.

Keith Williams was the cruise director on our Panama Canal cruise last November. It was not apparent that he had control of his staff. One example was leaving the ship in San Diego which was the most chaotic we have ever experienced. They had groups set up from diamond, emerald and then the large group in the theater. Waiting patiently to have our group called we had a large crowd go running out of the theater past our group. It was apparent no one was in charge. I found Keith running on the gangway and told him of the chaos. His only response was I know, I know and he kept running.

We were not wowed.

Have been on a couple of cruises with Keith Williams as the CD and always found him personable and friendly. Acted more as an MC for evening shows and not his own comedic act. Was funny for the Love and Marriage shows since he was good at playing the straight man. We liked him just fine.