Where to stay in ft. Lauderdale?

maui65

I just booked the Courtyard on Ft. Lauderdale Beach for a cruise I'm taking with my daughter in March. She'll be 20 when we sail, and I thought that would be a fun area for us. Plus, I lived in Ft. Lauderdale during the 70's, so she'll get to see the beach I hung out at in my teens. :)

We like the Courtyard on the beach as we'll. Bubba Gump Shrimp is right below the hotel. They have a lot of outdoor seating overlooking the ocean.

We stayed at the Westin Diplomat in Hollywood this past April and was by far the best hotel we've stayed at (well next to the MGM Signature in Las Veags). More spendy but we gat a great rate on one of those bidding sites. :D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Forums mobile app

Very lovely hotel!

We like the Courtyard on the beach as we'll. Bubba Gump Shrimp is right below the hotel. They have a lot of outdoor seating overlooking the ocean.

Good to hear! I thought it would be a good fit for us, and hopefully we can get an early flight so we'll be able to enjoy the beach that day.

Another vote for the Hilton Marina. Stayed there 2 years ago and room was nice, we had a pool view which is a really nice area and it is on the water taxi stop so you can go anywhere to shop and dine on the intracoastal. And it is very close to the port, like 5 minutes max. I think rooms are $139 for your timeframe.

We stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Airport and Cruise Port. They have a free shuttle from airport to hotel and from hotel to ship. Simple hotel. Very clean, small restaurant/lounge in lobby and the night you arrive if your lucky and they are not too busy they will even take you to a local restaurant with the shuttle. They are also very organized in the morning getting everyone lined up with their shuttles and off to their ships. I highly recommend this hotel.

We are going on the Oasis on August 16th. Enjoy...you will love it this is our 2nd time on this ship.:)

We always stay at the Embassy Suites on 17th. We enjoy the hotel. Each night a complimentary Manager's Reception is held (free drinks and salty munchies). In the morning, a complimentary fully cooked breakfast is available. I love the walk ways outside of the hotel rooms. The view is nice looking down into the courtyard. The outside pool area is nice and relaxing.

The Embassy is close to a shopping center, places to eat, and the Sun Trolly. We have never had problems with transportation when leaving the hotel for the port. Usually, we use one of their shuttles, but, there are plenty of taxis available.

DITTO:

We usually take a cab to port, $20 includes tip, and we get there when we want, and do not have to wait for anyone.

Denise

See your cruise is getting closer.

Safe trip

Sea Ya!!!

When we have stayed in Ft. Lauderdale prior to a cruise a bid of $50 to $60 a night has gotten us the Springhill Suites, Hyatt Place or Hyatt House, which are all in the same complex in Dania Beach. Each offers complimentary wi-fi, parking and breakfast and shuttle service between the airport and those hotels is free with shuttle service to the pier available for a slight fee. Any of these three hotels should easily satisfy your requirements. There are a number of fast food and full service restaurants in the immediate vicinity.:)

Roadway inn..it's not the a Ritz but it's clean , affordable and off fee airport & port shuttles. They even offer day rooms if you need a stop over post cruise if you have a late flight.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You couldnt pay me enough money to stay at the rodeway inn. Id sleep in the airport before i would stay there again.

my last two cruises i stayed at the Best Western on West State Road. There is a Mcdonalds and Wendys and Grocery store and Liquor store and dollar type store and even a Dunkin Dounts within walking distance. ive had zero problems there. If you were going to take a cruise though i might not take their 8$ per person shuttle and just take a cab

You couldnt pay me enough money to stay at the rodeway inn. Id sleep in the airport before i would stay there again.

my last two cruises i stayed at the Best Western on West State Road. There is a Mcdonalds and Wendys and Grocery store and Liquor store and dollar type store and even a Dunkin Dounts within walking distance. ive had zero problems there. If you were going to take a cruise though i might not take their 8$ per person shuttle and just take a cab

Really? It has great reviews on C.C., Expedia, T.A and a few other sites.

Edited by vacation_junkie

Embassy Suites is our go-to hotel in FLL. Unfortunately, it does not have any vacancies for the night I need a hotel.

Can someone recommend a similar suite hotel (we'll be 4 in a room), with a full breakfast, near a shopping area and restaurants???

We stayed in the Hilton Garden Inn in Dania Beach. It was right across from a big area of shops and restaurants, and the hotel had a free shuttle that took you over to that area. We had a package that included transfers to and from the airport and cruise port and a cooked-to-order breakfast. I recommend it, it's a nice place.

I see a few good comments on Embassy Suites, which we are thinking of booking. Has anyone paid the extra for them to pick you up at the airport and then to the cruise ship the next morning ? I imagine there is a large crowd waiting to get to the pier ! Just wondering if this option is worth it. Thanks

I get as close to perfection as possible by:

Pre cruise hotel I stay in a 4/5 star hotel

I rent a stretch limo to pick me up from the airport to the hotel

I rent a stretch limo to pick me up from the hotel to the ship

At the end of the cruise heck, I take a cab to the airport lol

I get as close to perfection as possible by:

Pre cruise hotel I stay in a 4/5 star hotel

I rent a stretch limo to pick me up from the airport to the hotel

I rent a stretch limo to pick me up from the hotel to the ship

At the end of the cruise heck, I take a cab to the airport lol

Good morning, lyndamr!

And thanks for the good laugh.... :D

Personally, your car is much safer at the port than at the hotel. I also would not want to get off the ship and find my way to the hotel to get the car, when the car is at the pier, you get in the car and head right home. If you doing this to save money just ask yourself what happens if something happened to your car, trust me the hotels will not keep an eye on them, then you would be feeling sorry you just didn't leave it at the port, why take a risk?

Thanks for that input. When we sail out of Pt Canaveral we do the cruise and park at the Radisson. It's always been safe and convenient and much less expensive than at the port.

Cheryl

Have stayed at Holiday Inn Express on 17th St. SE. Hotel room was comfortable. Breakfast was included and decent though did not include prepared omelets. Very close to Port Canaveral and we did use their 3rd party shuttle. Now for a larger family we group we are trying to decide between Renaissance and Embassy Suites in the same general area.