Piano Bar Schedule (as known so far)

mhurdle127

Ruth, is that true? He's one of our favorites. :(

I wish I could say that it wasn't true, but according to a very recent e-mail from Stryker, he's going to be on land for a while.

He's been one of my favorites, too, and I'm sorry to see him go.

I wish I could say that it wasn't true, but according to a very recent e-mail from Stryker, he's going to be on land for a while.

He's been one of my favorites, too, and I'm sorry to see him go.

So sorry to hear that. He's lots of fun and wears fantastic outfits AND the coolest socks!

Edited by Chelly

Since it looks like you're doing this as a spreadsheet, please add the Prinsendam on your next update. It would be helpful even to see that we need to get information for the ship. I'm sorry I don't have much to contribute except for one name for your entertainers last year. Eric Fisher was on the Veendam last summer.

Roy

Piano_Schedule_zpsabb2a405.jpg

This is really well done.

Once you have it as up to date as possible if you want to email it to pictures@halfacts.com we could certainly put it on the website for you.

We'd just need to make sure it is updated every once in a while.

Thanks very much for doing this and I too will add my request for the Prinsendam on the list :D I'll be on in September so I will try to find out what I can and let you know.

The Prisendam does not have a piano bar the way I understand it.

The Piano man plays in the Crow's Nest every night. One of my favourite places. it might not be an 'official' piano bar by definition provided, but it has certainly been packed when we were on. Speaking for myself, I would love to know who will be performing there.

Actually, I far prefer it to the Mix on some of the other ships :)

Edited by kazu

Jacqui,

I will add Prinsendam to the spreadsheet, in the event we are able to find out who plays the piano in the Crow's Nest there. My guess is that a Crow's Nest musician probably doesn't have the same contract length as an actual Piano Bar entertainer and probably doesn't get mentioned by name in the daily program like the Piano Bar entertainer, but I have been known to be wrong on one or two occasions.

The name of the musician playing in the Crow's Nest on the Prinsendam has been mentioned in the daily program when I sailed on her.

The last time I sailed there was one piano player at cocktail time, and a different piano player in the evenings. Both names were mentioned.

Trouble in the evening was that it was background music. Certainly there was no such thing as a sing-along, and very, very little in the way of requests.

The Crow's Nest certainly doesn't have the same type of interaction that a piano bar has. So long as people understand that, and can set their expectations, it would be nice to have a name of the musician on that ship, too.

Jacqui,

I will add Prinsendam to the spreadsheet, in the event we are able to find out who plays the piano in the Crow's Nest there. My guess is that a Crow's Nest musician probably doesn't have the same contract length as an actual Piano Bar entertainer and probably doesn't get mentioned by name in the daily program like the Piano Bar entertainer, but I have been known to be wrong on one or two occasions.

Thank you. They do have quite a contract since our roll call friend we shared a private transfer with was bringing more cd's for the piano man. And yes, they are definitely in the daily programme:)

• 4 months later...

I am a Piano Bar frequenter on HAL but if they tend to have too much 'big' seating, i.e. spots with seating for 6-8 people and very few spots with seating for two. Sometimes I like to sip a nice wine with my wife whilst listening to the pianoi man and not have to share the table with half a dozen other people. And sometimes 4-5 people will take one of these big spots and then frown if you ask if you can occupy the remaining spots. But my biggest Piano Bar gripe is people leaving hats, coasts, books etc on the best seats an hour before it opens. There is no reserving seats in the bars and folks, if your stuff is around when I walk in, it won't be when you return.