Parking in Galveston

We are on NOS in August, where is the best place to park?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We use EZ Cruise. You drop the car off, they transport you and you party and all luggage back to the ship and unload the luggage. They pick you up on your return. It's $7-8 a day.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We use Port of Galveston parking. It is near the ship docks and convenient. I hate waiting for someone to come get us when we get off. I realize that it probably isn't any faster but we are moving.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Forums mobile app

We've used ParkNCruise and Lighthouse. We're using PNC again this August. I think they're about the same price but PNC is right across the street from the terminal. It's an easy walk across the street and has always been easy in and easy out. I drop my wife and luggage off at the terminal and then drive across the street and park. They don't have a shuttle and don't need one. I guess I really like it because it's two less times that you need to tip.

We use EZ Cruise. We drop everything off at the terminal and then go park. It's close enough we can walk back to the terminal without waiting on the shuttle, which sometimes can be a long wait.

We have stayed at Harbor House and that was nice. Drove over and dropped luggage off. Went back and parked and walked over.

We've also stayed at the Hilton and the Holiday Inn. Both had free parking. Our friend's car was broken into once at the Holiday Inn. We didn't like having to wait on shuttles. When we get back, we are ready to hit the road. So we started using EZ Cruise even staying at those hotels and it works out better for us. When we get back, one stays out front with the luggage. The other goes and gets the car. And we are on the road in no time.

For many years, we've used EZ Cruise and have been 100% satisfied. However, we, too, have a new car so for our May Navigator cruise, we switched to covered parking at ParkNCruise. The covered parking is in old warehouses with narrow doors and very narrow parking places with huge, fat columns between every 2 (?) slots. Our son-in-law was driving our Suburban and very easily backed into the spot. I'm a bit claustrophobic and would have been really nervous about the tight squeeze. This parking lot is across from Carnival, not Royal Caribbean. We walked down the block and across the street straight into the Carnival terminal. Then made a left and walked to RCI. If it's raining or cold, I think this lot would be a problem. We won't use it again. I glanced in the direction of EZ Cruise and noticed blue tent like coverings. I don't know if EZ Cruise has added covered parking or if this was the cruise ship lot. EZ Cruise is such a short walk directly across from the RCI terminal. Having a shuttle in inclement weather is a nice option. (I'm going to also post this under ports, too.)

Edited by 05mak05

I use ParkNCruise also but we drop the luggage and at least one cruiser, give the checked bags to the porter, and they give all the carry ons to the person waiting at the pier. Then the other person parks the car and trots back.

For disembarkation we reverse the process. One person waits w/ the luggage while the other person does a brisk walk to the car and comes back for the luggage… and the other cruiser(s).

We've used them for at least 10 years now. They're great. You can use the Code Anysail right now in your booking and will save $10. Total for the week cruise with tax is $48.71.

They have a shuttle, plus if you want to walk back to the ship, it's doable.

I highly recommend Lighthouse Parking. We have used them the last four times, and have nothing but good things to say about their service. They have outdoor covered parking stalls, without an additional cost. Plus, they have large buses, so the shuttles are fast and efficient. They match coupons. If you enter the EZ Cruise coupon code (Anysail), it will also get you $10 off.

We used Galveston Park & Cruise last year. $65 for indoor parking for a week. We were pleased enough we have booked them again for the cruise this year. We go to the terminal and drop off our bags and go park then walk back across the street to the terminal. When we got off we just rolled all our bags back across the street and left without having to go back to the terminal to pick them up.

• 1 month later...