Question about the riverside hotel in Fort Lauderdale

cruz chic

I believe they do have a toll free number because I called to the get the triple a rate for my stay. Fortunately, I won't have to call them now.

Correct. I think it was about $20 less a night then I originally booked at. Every bit helps.

:D Thanks

If it had been a capital A I might have 'gotten it'......

or maybe not. :o

Las Olas is one of our favorite dining destinations. Lots of great little places, shops, galleries and Kilwin's ice cream (about 2 blks from Riverside Hotel) is a must do. They make their own cones, fudge and candies.

You didn't ask but Season's 52 at the Galleria Mall is quite good and Blue Martini is great for ppl watching.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I know Season's 52 is very popular and spreading to other areas of the country including not that far from my home but we were disappointed. The bar there was fun, nice bartender and we enjoyed a good pre-dinner cocktail but not so the dinner. We eat healthy and that certainly is a healthy menu but neither of us liked our dinner and that doesn't happen very often. Maybe was just a bad night.

Capital Grill at Galleria, on the other hand, was terrific but I like Morton's better. :)

Food is soooo subjective.

Some 10 years ago, there was an Italian restaurant on Los Olas on the other side of the street from Galleria that was amazing but I can't remember the name. I loved their food. I can still remember a veal cutlet dish they served called Veal Sinatra. I would like to eat that one more time in my life time. It was sad when they closed.

Edited by sail7seas

Las Olas is one of our favorite dining destinations. Lots of great little places, shops, galleries and Kilwin's ice cream (about 2 blks from Riverside Hotel) is a must do. They make their own cones, fudge and candies.

You didn't ask but Season's 52 at the Galleria Mall is quite good and Blue Martini is great for ppl watching.

Oh now I'm getting hungry. I've been home for a month from my last cruise and haven't lost that weight yet:rolleyes:. Good thing the next one is 5 months away. I love Asian food so I usually go to PF changs but thanks for the recommendation. I'm going to have to try that ice cream. Sounds so good.

Up a few blocks from the hotel are many great restaurants, with outdoor seating as well as inside. When it's closer to your sailing, ask me and I'll give you the names of some we've tried. Also, if you google stores on Las Olas, you'll get a whole list of clothing and restaurants.

It's a really fun place and now I'm getting itching to be back there pre a cruise.

Also, there's a water taxi stop about two blocks up on Las Olas. If you haven't done that before, it's fun to see the homes and yachts from the water.

Up a few blocks from the hotel are many great restaurants, with outdoor seating as well as inside. When it's closer to your sailing, ask me and I'll give you the names of some we've tried. Also, if you google stores on Las Olas, you'll get a whole list of clothing and restaurants.

It's a really fun place and now I'm getting itching to be back there pre a cruise.

Also, there's a water taxi stop about two blocks up on Las Olas. If you haven't done that before, it's fun to see the homes and yachts from the water.

Thank you for that offer. I will take you up on it. I took a Hal tour to see all the fancy homes. I quite enjoyed it. I would love to take the water taxi but I'll be there on the weekend and I've heard it gets busy. I said I would be there for 2 days but it's a bit of an exaggeration. I haven't booked the air yet, but because it's so far from Calgary, I won't get there until late on Friday. The ship leaves on Sunday so only one full day in theory.

Oh yes they can' date=' when you immediately get put on hold and you're calling long distance from another country!:eek: (I've experience this).[/quote']

Good point about the foreign country issue.

DON

Thank you so much for that. I haven't stayed in that area before so this is very helpful! I appreciate it.

Try using goggle earth and taking a virtual walk down the street and around the hotel. It is about as good as being there. I took a look at the pharmacy and it does look like a quaint old pharmacy, nothing like QVC.

Try using goggle earth and taking a virtual walk down the street and around the hotel. It is about as good as being there. I took a look at the pharmacy and it does look like a quaint old pharmacy, nothing like QVC.

I actually did try that. Seemed like many banks and restaurants. I'll be the first person to admit that I'm not good with some technology.

QVC ? :confused:

It's been 10 years since I stayed at the Riverside on Las Olas, but at the time I was surprised at how run down it seemed. The elevator was old and decrepit and my room, while large, was a mish-mash of furniture and the whole place just seemed very old and tired. The location was great, though, and the pool was nice.Hopefully, the place has been renovated.

The water taxi is a fun way to get around and it can be busy on the weekends but still manageable. We are locals so if you need/want recommendations just ask I'll be happy to help.

It's been 10 years since I stayed at the Riverside on Las Olas, but at the time I was surprised at how run down it seemed. The elevator was old and decrepit and my room, while large, was a mish-mash of furniture and the whole place just seemed very old and tired. The location was great, though, and the pool was nice.Hopefully, the place has been renovated.

10 years is a long time. The Riverside now has a Tower section- rooms are beautiful with balconies. We always request this. I don't know if they have renovated the older section, but I would be surprised if they haven't. We always stay at the Riverside when cruising. Love Las Olas with all the restaurants, outdoor cafes, window shopping the galleries and shops, and sometimes just eating or getting a drink outdoors and people-watching. It's a vibrant area and so much nicer than being on 17th St.

The water taxi is a fun way to get around and it can be busy on the weekends but still manageable. We are locals so if you need/want recommendations just ask I'll be happy to help.

I thought you were but I didn't want to blow your cover:D. Will let you know if I have other questions. I appreciate it.

The CVS is an easy walk from the hotel. It's 0.3 mile, which I think is 25 degrees Celcius. :D Google Maps walking directions at the link.

http://*******/maps/UQyiQ

There is a Publix Supermarket across the street from the Galleria as well.

If all you're looking for is a drug store, you won't have a problem finding one in Fort Lauderdale. They're everywhere.

Correction - The CVS across from the Galleria is closed. DW set me straight.

Edited by POA1

The CVS is an easy walk from the hotel. It's 0.3 mile, which I think is 25 degrees Celcius. :D Google Maps walking directions at the link.

There is also a CVS right across the street from the Galleria Mall since it sounds like you're going there. There is a Publix Supermarket across the street from the Galleria as well.

If all you're looking for is a drug store, you won't have a problem finding one in Fort Lauderdale. They're everywhere.

That will be nice and close for me to walk. Can you believe I've never noticed the drug store or publix across from the Galleria? I'm excited about trying a new area but nervous because I don't know where things are. I know some folks would probably find it silly.

There is a Publix Supermarket across the street from the Galleria as well.

Correction: The CVS across from the Galleria is closed. My mistake. DW corrected me.

That will be nice and close for me to walk. Can you believe I've never noticed the drug store or publix across from the Galleria? I'm excited about trying a new area but nervous because I don't know where things are. I know some folks would probably find it silly.

The Publix sets back a bit from Sunrise Blvd which is why you may have missed it.

The CVS across from Galleria is now closed but there is a huge one just up from the mall. Same side of the street and an easy walk. The Publix is right across the street and since you are at the mall you can do all your shopping at once.