Guy's Burgers vs. Iguana Tacos

Which one di you like best?  

190 members have voted

1. 1. Which one di you like best?

• Guy's Rocks!
    • I wanna The Iguana!
    • I can't decide. Let's eat both!

Blue iguana for breakfast, Guy's for lunch! No choice necessary.

Both are really good venues and I hope Carnival is seriously considering adding them to all ships. If Carnival can keep freshening up the Fantasy class and other older ships with new concepts like Guys and BI, we'll be very happy to keep cruising in them!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Just a tip, for those who don't know, they don't offer steak for the tacos, however, they DO offer it for the burritos.

If you want steak in your taco, just ask. They will grab it from the burrito side:D:D:D

26 more days!!!!!

Nom Nom Nom

Good info thanks!

If you can't decide, check out my wife's review of the Carnival Glory she just posted. It has lots of pictures of both dinng places.

OK...will do. I can not wait to try a ship with these things...

I think it will even out the flow and allow for more access to sit down areas. the Lido, and sit down and serve DR when open in the end..and they sound so good...fun to read the ways folks love it..and we North American's like our "good" fast food...Sarah

Edited by sjn911

Guy Ferengie burgers are very bad for you. They have way too much cholesterol, calories and all kinds of bad stuff for you... I eat at least two a day. Mmmmmm - Mmmmmm good! :D

Now I won't book a Carnival ship that doesn't have Ferengie burgers. Does that make me an addict?

Bob

Searching for Kokomo

OK...will do. I can not wait to try a ship with these things...

I think it will even out the flow and allow for more access to sit down areas. the Lido, and sit down and serve DR when open in the end..and they sound so good...fun to read the ways folks love it..and we North American's like our "good" fast food...Sarah

I do believe this helped with the flow quite a bit. We really never had to stand in a long line anywhere.

I had Guy's maybe twice on on our Breeze cruise, but chose the Blue Iguana for their breakfast offerings and lunch, especially the breakfast burritos with chicken sausage, for lunch I would hit the Blue Iguana for burritos or tacos or Tandoor Palace for grilled chicken or fish, salads and naan bread. The burgers and fries as Guys are good, but the line can be long, stretching into the Lido Marketplace. I would have my food, and would be working on a second round from Tandoor (on the opposite end of the ship) bought time those in my party got there burgers (not an exaggeration)!!

I had Guy's maybe twice on on our Breeze cruise, but chose the Blue Iguana for their breakfast offerings and lunch, especially the breakfast burritos with chicken sausage, for lunch I would hit the Blue Iguana for burritos or tacos or Tandoor Palace for grilled chicken or fish, salads and naan bread. The burgers and fries as Guys are good, but the line can be long, stretching into the Lido Marketplace. I would have my food, and would be working on a second round from Tandoor (on the opposite end of the ship) bought time those in my party got there burgers (not an exaggeration)!!

Hmmm....I never experienced nor witnessed long lines at the Guys' joint on my Breeze cruise last year and I went there for lunch just about every day. The line moves fast so it never really grows to long. I am guessing that your buddies probably got their burgers specially ordered (I could be wrong of course).

I like mine with lettuce and tomato... Heinz 57 and French fried potatoes... Big kosher pickle and a cold draught beer. Well, good god almighty which way do I steer.

No wait... that's Jimmy Buffett's "Cheeseburger in Paradise".

In the infamous words of Emily Litella (Gilda Radner)... "That's very different. Never Mind".

Bob

Searching for Kokomo

Are Guys or Blue Iguana open for dinner? We will be on the Sunshine and I'm wondering what the hours are because I anticipating wanting to eat from both regularly!

Guys stays open until like 6pm...Blue Iguana closes at 2:30..so no tacos or burritos for "dinner time"...Guys for early dinner!! I've done that a few times...had an "early dinner" at Guys....then snacked later...skipped MDR totaly.

Guys wins for me, by default, because the only thing I ever had at the Blue Iguana was a breakfast burrito and it was just okay. Blue Iguana was never opened when I wanted to eat. We didn't go there the first day, which I might have, had I known it was my only chance. On Port days, we were in port at lunch time and when we came back, our options were Pizza and Guys. On Sea Days we went to the brunch. We always waited until Camp Carnival opened so it was a little later of a breakfast. So we were not hungry again until mid afternoon and Blue Iguana was closed. I wish they stayed open longer, I would have liked to try it. Guys was very good though. I loved the toppings.

Edited by cruzinlisa

We enjoyed both on the Glory as well as the Fish N Chips spot. I was impressed with all 3 .

I give the edge to Blue Iguana but if they ever allow you to get an order of onion rings from Guy's, I may have to reconsider .;)

BTW , the Fish N Chips spot is on the deck above the lido, just up the stairs. It's was almost a secret .

There were always empty tables even when the food area on the lido was completely nuts.

Iguana for me! Guys was ok, but I was really not that impressed. The fries were good, but the burger was too greasy/salty for me. The tacos/burritos at BI were excellent! I wish they were open longer though. I don't know why they close down at 2:30, on port days we weren't even back on the ship by then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk