? 3 people in cabin Caribbean princess

VOLEYMOM

We have a group of women going in October and need a balcony for 3 adults on the Caribbean Princess, when I check out the rooms it says a rollaway will be permantly placed in room. Has anyone done this and if so how crowded is it? I tried to find one with a upper but can't seem to find one. Any help appreciated. Thanks

Agree with dorisis, if you are older women then the mini-suite is the way to go. Roll-a-ways in balcony and other cabins will be very tight. The Caribbean Princess has a limited number of cabins with upper bunks scattered around. There is a concentration of them mid-ship balconies on deck 12, but there are other cabins around. Unfortunately Princess no longer shows which cabins have bunks in their on line deck plans. You would have to call Princess directly, or locate older deck plans on line. Try this site: http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Main/decks.php?ship=Caribbean%20Princess

Are you looking at cabins that will hold 4 ? Those do say rollaway will be placed in the room but they also have an upper bed. The bed configuration will say twin/upper/rollaway. The rollaway is only needed for a 4th person. We are sailing Saturday in B410 with our son. That is a 3 or 4 person room. Will let you know how it works.

They do not always place the rollaway in a quad room. We have had it in a triple.

Either way a rollaway makes the room extremely crowded and a safety issue in my opinion. We have done it twice and never again. My son after day 2 put the rollaway out on the balcony. One end of the rollaway will be jammed against the glass balcony door and the other end against one of the beds, not a pretty picture. We would not do this scenario again. :mad:

Not only do I recommend doing a minisuite, I recommend getting one close to the forward elevators if possible. My reasoning for this has to do with three women managing with one bathroom. There are large showers (and lots of towels) in the Lotus Spa, and it is pretty easy to take a shower up there, which will really help when it comes to dressing for dinner after returning from a shore excursion, that type of thing.

Also, you will have more room in the minisuite bathroom in terms of storage and vanity space, as well as the desk area.

We have a mini suite booked for our Oct 23rd getaway cruise on the Caribbean Princess. We also have 3 women sharing a cabin. Having sailed on her 2 times already I knew with 3 women (50th bday celebration) we would need a mini suite. Especially for the larger bathroom.

We did 3 adults in a cabin on the Caribbean Princess without issue. We did have the pull-down bed. I was in that one, no problem getting in or out, and I am WAY older than 12. Of course, we were all family (my DH and adult daughter), so it may have been easier than with 3 unrelated adults.

I would not recommend 3 women sharing a cabin, even if it is a mini. I did it with 2 friends several years ago. I would rather pay the single supplement and go in an interior by myself than share with 2 women ever again! :eek:

There were always bathroom issues. Temperature of the cabin was fine for 2 but way too cold for one. One likes to fall asleep with the TV on, one likes total darkness and silence. One refused to sleep in the upper bunk, leaving 2 of us to take turns. The upper is noisy and a pain to get in and out of.

Unless you are sisters, I wouldn't even consider 3 in a cabin.

Edited by CDay

Thanks for all the replies-dread pirate do you remember which room you were in that had a pull down, I think the rollaway would be just to tight. Luckily the upper would be for a younger smaller person who I know would have no trouble. I have done 3 in a room before on Celebrity but it had a couch that turned into a bed and we had no problem. If not a upper than a mini for sure!

. . . Unfortunately Princess no longer shows which cabins have bunks in their on line deck plans. You would have to call Princess directly, or locate older deck plans on line.

Wrong.

Click on a ship's deck plans, then select the deck you're interested in (obviously, it has to be one with passenger cabins). A drop-down box labelled "Passengers" will appear just above where the types of cabins are listed for that deck. In that box, select 1, 2, 3, or 4, depending on the number of passengers. If you select 3 or 4, only the cabins that have upper berths will show in colour on the deck plan, while the rest of the cabins will have a white background.

I agree with the others , go with a mini and not a balcony, when we travel with our daughter who is still a young woman , we get a mini , the pull down bunks are not easy to get in and out of or are they as comfortable, whoever would get the pull down would be getting the short stick. Hope it works out for you ladies , enjoy your cruise.

Cori

I am not sure of your ages or how flexible you all are,but for me and my 3 close friends(we have known each other for 48 years)when we go on trips,we get two hotel rooms or a suite. At our age, it is all about comfort !

I think a mini would be better than a balcony.

Not only would you have the sofa bed in the mini, the bathroom is larger.

Have you considered sharing a suite? I think it would offer a bath and a half.

The suggestion to be near the elevators for access to the Lotus Spa showers is also a

good one.

Enjoy your cruise!

Wrong.

Click on a ship's deck plans, then select the deck you're interested in (obviously, it has to be one with passenger cabins). A drop-down box labelled "Passengers" will appear just above where the types of cabins are listed for that deck. In that box, select 1, 2, 3, or 4, depending on the number of passengers. If you select 3 or 4, only the cabins that have upper berths will show in colour on the deck plan, while the rest of the cabins will have a white background.

Would this be on Cruise Critic or on Princess site? I did what you said on the Princess site and don't seem to see a drop down box.

Would this be on Cruise Critic or on Princess site? I did what you said on the Princess site and don't seem to see a drop down box.

Princess site, you have to go into the book a cruise mode, and when you get to the type of room you want, i.e. balcony, on the left side of the screen, about 2/3 of the way up you will see a small button and number of passengers. It is small, but it is there.:)

I am not sure of your ages or how flexible you all are,but for me and my 3 close friends(we have known each other for 48 years)when we go on trips,we get two hotel rooms or a suite. At our age, it is all about comfort !

I think a mini would be better than a balcony.

Not only would you have the sofa bed in the mini, the bathroom is larger.

Have you considered sharing a suite? I think it would offer a bath and a half.

The suggestion to be near the elevators for access to the Lotus Spa showers is also a

good one.

Enjoy your cruise!

Who is going to be the poor person stuck going to the Lotus Spa to take a shower and use the toilet? :eek: Not real convenient.

Who is going to be the poor person stuck going to the Lotus Spa to take a shower and use the toilet? :eek: Not real convenient.

Using the showers in the Lotus Spa is a valid time management technique when there's more than one female in a stateroom - let's just say if I had a family of 4 in a mini, the men and boys would be sent to the Lotus Spa so the gals could glam up in the stateroom! And if it was all ladies, the one with the wash n' wear hair!

The showers are more spacious than those in the balcony cabins!!! Easier than you might think!

I have sailed in balcony and mini suite cabins on the Caribbean Princess. We booked the mini when it was my husband, adult daughter and I and did great. We would of been way too crowded in a balcony cabin. The mini not only offers the larger bath but the closet and shelf area is larger too.

My daughter slept in the pull down from the ceiling and said it was very comfortable. She did it so we could come and go to the balcony if she was sleeping. We also were traveling with a group so if others came to our cabin before it was made up the sofa wasn't pulled out and in the way.

Definitely go for the mini if your budget allows.

I don't think I could do it in either a balcony or a mini-suite, even with one of our kids. I have lots of strange peccadilloes (like I sleep with my night stand light on) but DH is used to me after 44 years and we are comfortable together. I hope we have another couple of decades to travel together because it would be very hard to find a better travel companion.

Thanks for all the replies-dread pirate do you remember which room you were in that had a pull down, I think the rollaway would be just to tight. Luckily the upper would be for a younger smaller person who I know would have no trouble. I have done 3 in a room before on Celebrity but it had a couch that turned into a bed and we had no problem. If not a upper than a mini for sure!

Baja deck, B505.

Enjoy, whatever you decide!

I agree with many of the other posts to book two cabins if you can afford it. 3 adult women in one room is very hard. I went with my sister and mother on a cruise and we had to getup very early for all of us the shower before our tours and if someone snores that's another issue!