No Smart Casual Night On Our Recent Liberty of the Seas Western Mediterranean...

I don't know if this has previously been mentioned but I felt it was important to note that on our cruise ( May 25 -June 1) there was NO smart casual night. All nights were casual except for the 2nd and 6th nights which were FORMAL. I did notice that a lot of folks on the particular cruise for our My Time Dining time did dress up even on casual nights. Not a lot of children on this particular cruise either IMO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by IWantToCruiseWithYou
grammatical error

Personally....I agree with all of you. A Mediterranean cruise is port intensive and shore excursions in major ports such as Villefranche ( Monaco, Monte Carlo, Cannes, Nice); La Spezia ( Florence & Pisa); and Civitavecchia (Rome) can be 8-9 hours long. Who wants to dress up when you are DEAD tired? However, I did note many people looked smart casual to formal even on casual nights. I just think people tend to dress up more on Mediterranean cruises vs. Caribbean ones.

Edited by IWantToCruiseWithYou
Grammatical error

Personally....I agree with all of you. A Mediterranean cruise is port intensive and shore excursions in major ports such as Villefranche ( Monaco, Monte Carlo, Cannes, Nice); La Spezia ( Florence & Pisa); and Civitavecchia (Rome) can be 8-9 hours long. Who wants to dress up when you are DEAD tired? However, I did note many people looked smart casual to formal even on casual nights. I just think people tend to dress up more on Mediterranean cruises vs. Caribbean ones.

My 3 12 nite Mediterranean cruises were the opposite. More casual than the Carib. Europeans were even more casual than Americans on these cruises.

I'll be curious to see the impact of the Quantum DD experience will have on future dress code. My understanding is that the "Grande" is casual while the other 3 free restaurants are either casual or allow shorts in their dining rooms. We'll see.