Fresh cut flowers

lolane1

The vase is what we got on our recent Nieuw Amsterdam cruise -- a couple of yellow and pink flowers.

The glass sitting next to it are our flowers from the first formal night.

02-nadm7056zps13136296.jpg

Yeah, that is the typical flowers you get in a suite, minus the formal night flowers. Though in fairness, we always have a plant in the room too. Most the time it is a ponytail palm.:):D

I guess this is another reason I am a Prinsendam fan. The flowers we had were wonderful. They were refreshed weekly and when they saw me bringing flowers on board (yes, I love flowers), a vase was provided along with some lovely filling to make them even nicer :D

The arrangements in the public areas and outside the Pinnacle were absolutely breath taking:D

The vase is what we got on our recent Nieuw Amsterdam cruise -- a couple of yellow and pink flowers.

The glass sitting next to it are our flowers from the first formal night.

02-nadm7056zps13136296.jpg

Looks like there are 3 yellow daisies and 2 pink flowers in that vase.

When we got on the Westerdam in 2013, these were the flowers that were in the PS -- dead -- they smelled so bad that DH took them down to the concierge.

Westerdam_Ship_Pictures_0021.JPG

Another view

Westerdam_ship_pictures_3_078.JPG

Gross, nice attention to detail. Somehow, that doesn't surprise me on that ship.

When we got on the Westerdam in 2013, these were the flowers that were in the PS -- dead -- they smelled so bad that DH took them down to the concierge.

Another view

Somehow I don't think that's how one makes potpourri... :eek:

memvuLFG7FnwOHGcLWwkl1w.jpg

Ponytail palm

There was one of those in our room during the last cruise, one day the steward moved the pot while dusting, half the foliage fell off the plant, the florist visited our room to inspect the plant.

The sad plant gradually lost more foliage, the florist returned a week later and removed the plant.

5 days later a different plant was delivered to our room.

Another view

Looks like the flowers should have been removed a few days before you boarded .

The first full day on our recent Amsterdam 14-nt Alaska cruise, the daily program showed that the florist would be in the Atrium selling Special Flower Arrangements at 6PM. Loving flowers, off I went.

He had a small cart with a number of bunches of mixed flowers for $25. I chose a pretty bunch and it was given to me in a strange red plastic bag-type vase supported by metal rods. I guess the vase was selected for non-breakability and light weight.

The flowers lasted nearly the full two weeks ... no complaints here!

Gosh, I am more impressed with the china. Nice tray set up. I don't get that on Princess.

HAL uses lovely Rosenthal china and the trays delivered for room service breakfast are always very attractive. The presentation is usually very, very nice. :)

I'm also a big fan of fresh flowers at home (even though we live in the desert of Arizona) so when I read that our suite would have fresh flowers, I believe I was assuming something more. I also ordered the Anniversary option which includes a bouquet, (along with champagne, etc.) however if anyone knows that that is also substandard I shall just pick up a large beautiful bunch at the Pike Market in Seattle as a stop on our way to the ship. Very interesting that such a nice addition to the suites is being overlooked.

Enjoy!

HAL uses lovely Rosenthal china and the trays delivered for room service breakfast are always very attractive. The presentation is usually very, very nice. :)

Nice! Some women like shoes, I like china. Now that I bought an upsell to a balcony, I will surly be ordering room service.

[quote name='vegas-c']Are you allowed to carry on cut flowers at embarkation?[/quote]

Yes, you may take fresh flowers on at a port, but I believe that you can't take them off the ship.
Ask your steward for a vase.