Vancouver Hotels

Shaf143

Post cruise, Princess put us up at the Pan Pacific in a beautiful corner room with spectacular views of the harbor and mountains. It was so easy to walk off the ship and take the elevator to the hotel lobby. Great location for walking along the waterfront and it's also on the tour trolley line. We do not normally book hotels through the cruise line, but this particular time, the great rate made our decision very easy.

Darcy

By all means, go with the Pan Pacific, if you can get it.

Right now, I think Princess is listing the Westin Bayshore, the Fairmont Waterfront, and the Four Seasons as their hotels.

The Westin Bayshore is nice, but it involves a bus to/from the pier.

You can walk over to the pier from the Fairmont, right across the street.

The Princess staff took me over via an underground walkway, when it was raining, hard. Nice!

It might be worth doing the Pan Pacific on your own, if not available from Princess.

No matter what, Vancouver is great!

Bon voyage :)

Edited by Cruisin'Rabbit

We are flying in the night before our cruise and will stay near the port, but after, we are taking via train home. Since it does not go everyday, we will stay one night post-cruise. Does anyone know of a good hotel near the via station? I can't find any on the map. Thanks

If money is no object definitely the Pan Pacific. While we were in Vancouver we stayed in the Bayshore and loved it. Princess was also using the Bayshore. A bit more reasonable. For those that love to walk and can manage one suitcase each and the weather is good it is walkable to the pier. There is a walkway along the water from the hotel to the ship. Also going in the opposite direction a nice walk to Stanley Park. BUT it is a nice LONG walk to the pier.

Sunshine Nana-The VIA station is not in a very good part of the city, but it is only a $6.00-$10.00 dollar and 5 minute ride from any down town hotels. I have taken the train many times and recommend arriving at the station no earlier than 6:30 as that is when the preboard lounge opens for sleeping car passengers. Prior to that, you would be in the general waiting area for the bus station/train station, and it is not that pleasant. So-try for a hotel with late check outs. Enjoy the cruise and the rail journey-fantastic.

When we did a three night precruise last month for Vancouver/Victoria, Princess put us up at the Westin Bayshore. Very nice, very convenient.

We also got put up at the Westin Bayshore and it was a very nice, very convenient hotel.

When I took a cruise out of Vancouver a year or so ago, I booked the Pan Pacific on my own through Expedia and paid a lot less than the Princess pre-cruise. Embarkation is directly below the hotel, the HOHO bus stops in front, and there are restaurants nearby. There's a food court on an underground level. Yes, it's expensive but you'll save in taxi fares as everything's right there plus you can't beat the convenience.

In addition to the Pan Pacific and the Westin Bayshore I also believe that they use the Fairmont Waterfront. In variably you are going to do better booking a hotel on your own rather than through Princess. Vancouver's downtown is very compact and there are a large number of good hotels within 6 to 8 blocks or less than a $10 cab fare from Canada Place. Here is a list of many of them:

The Pan Pacific (part of Canada Place)

Fairmont Waterfront (across the street from Canada Place)

Fairmont Pacific Rim

Marriott Pinnacle

Renaissance

Hyatt Regency

Fairmont Vancouver

Auberge

Coast Coal Harbour

Delta Suites

Metropolitan

Four Seasons

Rosewood Georgia

Sutton Place (about 8.5 blocks)

Sheraton at the Wall Centre (about 10 blocks)

le Soleil

The Wedgewood

One of the neat things about the Pan Pacific and the Fairmont Waterfront is that room service will look after the transfer of your luggage to the porters at Canada Place.

In addition to the Pan Pacific and the Westin Bayshore I also believe that they use the Fairmont Waterfront. In variably you are going to do better booking a hotel on your own rather than through Princess. Vancouver's downtown is very compact and there are a large number of good hotels within 6 to 8 blocks or less than a $10 cab fare from Canada Place. Here is a list of many of them:

The Pan Pacific (part of Canada Place)

Fairmont Waterfront (across the street from Canada Place)

Fairmont Pacific Rim

Marriott Pinnacle

Renaissance

Hyatt Regency

Fairmont Vancouver

Auberge

Coast Coal Harbour

Delta Suites

Metropolitan

Four Seasons

Rosewood Georgia

Sutton Place (about 8.5 blocks)

Sheraton at the Wall Centre (about 10 blocks)

le Soleil

The Wedgewoo

One of the neat things about the Pan Pacific and the Fairmont Waterfront is that room service will look after the transfer of your luggage to the porters at

Canada Place.

Thanks for this great list! I have had nice stays at Sutton Place, in past years.

As mentioned earlier, the Westin Bayshore is nice.

As others have said, the Pan Pacific is hard to resist:)

Edited by Cruisin'Rabbit

Thanks for this great list! I have had nice stays at Sutton Place' date=' in past years.

As mentioned earlier, the Westin Bayshore is nice.

As others have said, the Pan Pacific is hard to resist:)[/quote']

Last time we stayed at the Sheraton on the Wall Centre, Princess did our boarding there and after a tour through the hotel we just walked onto the ship. This time we are in the Fairmont it looks nice and only 1 night before and 1 after. Like Princess to do this because we do the transfers also.

Sounds like the Pan Pacific would be nice too. Well maybe next time :).

In 2012 we stayed at the Pan Pacific pre-cruise. It was great. But one of the best things about it is that it is right on the cruise pier. The day before we sailed, A Holland America ship departed. It was a gloriously beautiful day and there were what seemed like thousands of people lined up on Canada Place to watch the ship leave. It was like a scene from the old days of cruising as people were waving and cheering as the ship left.

It is one of he few places left where people can do that.

To my list I should add the Shangri-La Hotel.

Most of the north facing rooms in the Fairmont Waterfront will give you excellent views of Canada Place as will northwest facing rooms of the Auberge (formerly the Terminal City Club Tower). Just be sure and ask for such a room when booking.

For my money, I would pick the Pan Pacific in a harbor/mountain view room. I love to get up early and watch the ship come in under the Lions Gate Bridge. The first time I watched was the Sapphire Princess and it was dark out still. A gorgeous sight. I still regret not trying to get a photo of it. The last time it was the Diamond Princess and it was already daylight out, but still a wonderful sight. I love to watch my ships coming in. I would choose this hotel post cruise as well, I am truly hooked on it. And my husband thought it was the best too.

What hotels does Princess use in Vancouver. The web site is not helpful.

We used the Quality Inn False Creek booking through http://www.booking.com and were so pleased The price was right the peiople were amazing and when we got to the hotel at 9.30 inm the morning we were given a room immediately Ask for a room at the back as they are a little quieter

The taxi from the Terminal to the hotel was $13

I have stayed at the Blue Horizon a few times. An older high rise that has been well cared for and upgraded over the years. Excellent location for a walkers and shopper as it is on Robson St. Rooms on the south side are directly over the street and are noisier than the other faces. Only 8 rooms per floor. VERY popular with British and German tour groups. A $10 dollar cab ride for the 5 minute journey.