Water

MrnMrsT1231

You can bring as many cases as you would like.

I'm not sure why people do as the water on the ship is actually more pur and, better tasting than almost all the bottles people buy.

Why not bring a few bottles and refill from the ship as needed?

If you don't like that idea, no one will stop you from bringing cases.

Edit: Oops, I was typing the same thing as you were posting. :D

Edited by sail7seas

We always bring our own water on board. I prefer not to drink water from holding tanks.

At least potable water aboard cruise ships is checked frequently as well health inspections from the USCG. I doubt there are similar safeguards for bottled water.

We always bring our own water on board. I prefer not to drink water from holding tanks.

So do you think Poland Spring (or who ever) has a bunch of people standing at an artesian well filling those plastic bottles?:D

I suppose you drink only bottled water at home - which is often simply processed tap water - which also comes from holding tanks - have you never noticed the water towers which provide the pressure to get the water to you? What are they but holding tanks? Additionally, that water has likely travelled many miles from its source in pipes many years old, some of which leak.

I prefer to avoid water which has had the opportunity to leach toxins from plastic bottles - but to each his own.

The OP asked "how much" water she can bring aboard - simple question and the first answer was all that was needed - "as much as you want to carry"

She didn't ask if she "should". We all have our reasons for not wanting to drink "ship water". So we carry on, or buy onboard, bottled pure spring water.

Where do you think your bottled water comes from? ;) :eek: :D :confused:

Edited by Boytjie

Water on board is produced constantly from sea water. It's not like the old days when they filled huge tanks in port.

Actually, there are times ships purchase potable water in ports. There are many variables as to when, where and why but while they make a great deal of their own by desalination, it is not unheard of for them to bunker potable water.

At least potable water aboard cruise ships is checked frequently as well health inspections from the USCG. I doubt there are similar safeguards for bottled water.

Small correction; that would be USPH or United States Public Health inspectors who conduct those checks. USCG personnel conduct regular inspections of safety-related equipment/lifeboats/rafts, adherence to SOLAS and environmental laws, fire safety standards/fire protection equipment, ship's staff certificates & training, Security, the overall condition of the ship, and monitors crew drills

The OP asked "how much" water she can bring aboard - simple question and the first answer was all that was needed - "as much as you want to carry"

She didn't ask if she "should". We all have our reasons for not wanting to drink "ship water". So we carry on, or buy onboard, bottled pure spring water.

If someone wants to know how much water they can bring, it is simply common courtesy to point out the lack of need to bring any.

If someone asks you if you know what time it is, do you simply answer the specific question with a "yes" or "no", or do you demonstrate common courtesy (and common sense) by telling them the time - even if they did not ask what time it was?

Actually, there are times ships purchase potable water in ports. There are many variables as to when, where and why but while they make a great deal of their own by desalination, it is not unheard of for them to bunker potable water.

While I don't know for sure, it would seem that even the water obtained in port would be sent thru the ships water purification system. No?

I guess I must be strange, I don't like the water that comes out of the tap on the ship. I don't like the taste of it. I prefer to drink bottled water and do the same at home.

As far as the OP question, you can bring on as much as you want and you can buy bottled water on board too.

You guys are sooooo funny! again I prefer to not drink water from holding tanks!

The end!

That may be fine to state, but I re-ask: Where do you think your bottled water comes from? :D

Edited by Boytjie