Soda packages

norcalemt02

I recently tried the "Unlimited Soda and More" package. I didn't actually drink any sodas but really enjoyed the unlimited mocktails. I bought it in advance but saw it for sale in a LOT of places once on board. The sticker for my cruise card was actually marked "UKP" which is the old name "Ultimate Kids Package". (The sticker was waiting for me in my cabin.)

Unlike the coffee card, there is no cost savings by purchasing in advance. If you order this item in advance make sure you get the right thing. The Princess rep originally booked it as the regular soda package but I knew the price she gave was too low and got it corrected.

Yes they do. You can purchase online before your cruise or when you board they will have tables setup to purchase as well. YOu can always buy it at some bars too.

You can read about it online, but to purchase it before the cruise you either have to call Princess or FAX the order in to Princess.

There is no cost difference between pre-purchasing or buying it once you're on the ship. The only difference is if you want to pre-pay and spread out your payments/expenses. If that's the case, I'd recommend sending yourself a "gift" of OBC in any amount and as often as you want. OBC can be used for anything and is refundable. You can purchase the soda card or the unlimited soda and more card ( which are really stickers) anywhere onboard: dining room, buffet, International Cafe, Alfredo's, Lido deck, any bar or lounge or at any of the various tables set up throughout the ship on embarkation day. I just go up to the buffet and after sitting down, ask for a drink and soda card. It's incredibly easy to buy...

Edited by Pam in CA

You might want to wait to purchase the package until you get on the ship... and taste a sample of the coke products that are included in the package.

There is a "gift" where you can buy "cans" of soda but the soda package is for drinks from any bar or restaurant/dining room and comes from a "fountain" where the machine mixes carbonated water and coke syrup.

I drink a lot of diet coke and purchased the soda package. I was very disappointed with the taste and ended up purchasing some bottles of diet coke when in port.

It might be different from ship to ship - I've only been on the Crown.

My husband and I were on the Grand last month and he had the Ultimate Soda card. He was VERY disappointed with the quality of the soda and will not do buy it again. I used the card for some mocktails but in truth what they charge, with him not liking the products, was not worth it. Luckily I had brought along four 2 litter bottles for him to drink while in the cabin. So unless you like dispensed products, and we all know that there is no consistency with them, I would not suggest you purchase the card. For kids it is fine but not for an adult palate. If you purchase cokes while on board you can get them in the can. This is the only way to go in my husband's opinion.