Enchantment (Vision Class) vs Freedom Class

I've convinced myself that even though I am doing 2 land vacations in the next 12 months, I am suffering from Cruise withdrawal.

Looking at a quickie to the Bahamas on the Enchantment. Now, I have only sailed on the Freedom Class, and I know they are quite different. I've done a little research, but thought I'd come to the best source on the 'net.

Specifically -

1. Promenade? Does Enchantment have one, or just a centrum area with some shops?
  2. Solarium - nice? Do they ever really retract the glass roof?
  3. Windjammer - by chance, does this have an outdoor section like the Radiance class does, or does it look pretty much like the Freedom class, only a little smaller?
  4. Ice show/rink, or no?
  5. If I see a good price on a JS - are they similar in size to a Freedom Class JS?

Any major differences that I should consider?

I've convinced myself that even though I am doing 2 land vacations in the next 12 months, I am suffering from Cruise withdrawal.

Looking at a quickie to the Bahamas on the Enchantment. Now, I have only sailed on the Freedom Class, and I know they are quite different. I've done a little research, but thought I'd come to the best source on the 'net.

Specifically -

1. Promenade? Does Enchantment have one, or just a centrum area with some shops?
  2. Solarium - nice? Do they ever really retract the glass roof?
  3. Windjammer - by chance, does this have an outdoor section like the Radiance class does, or does it look pretty much like the Freedom class, only a little smaller?
  4. Ice show/rink, or no?
  5. If I see a good price on a JS - are they similar in size to a Freedom Class JS?

Any major differences that I should consider?

No Promenade, only the Centrum.

I've never seen the glass roof open in the Solarium.

No outdoor section to Windjammer.

No ice rink.

Much smaller JS than Freedom.

There is really a big difference between the two

Freedom, 154K Tons, 1112' Length, 126' Beam, 15 Passenger Decks, 3600 Passengers, Maiden Voyage 2006.

Enchantment, The Enchantement was stretched 90' in 2005, the only vision class to received this upgrade. post 2005, 82K Tons, 988' Length, 106' Beam, 11 Passenger Decks, 2,446 passengers.

Enchantment does two cruises every week 3 & 4 Days to Nassau & CoCo Cay, that means over 4,800 passengers each week...

Freedom is doing 7 day cruises.

The Freedom would probably be my first consideration, from Ontario, how long do you want to be away from home... Is 3/4 day enough...

The Enchantment, 3 and 4 day cruises out of Port Canaveral are our favorite getaways.

A half days drive and we are there.

We've sailed the Sovereign 3 times, Monarch 11 times and Enchantment 4 times to the Bahamas out of Port Canaveral since 2007... We've visited Nassau 26 times and CoCo Cay 19 times.

We really enjoy the Enchantment, for a seventeen year old ship that sails with up to 4,800 passengers each week, we think She's great...

The Enchantment is just a FUN ship.

Dennis & Sue...

30192-profile.png

Hi,

I have done three cruises on Freedom class ships (two on the Liberty of the Seas and one on the Independence of the Seas) as well as a Bahamas cruise on the Enchantment of the Seas last November. Even though the Enchantment is considerably smaller than the Freedom class ships and lacks many of their features, I enjoyed the Enchantment and was not disappointed. In particular, I liked the enlarged pool area and the arched "bridges" that were added when the ship was lengthened.

Chuck

If you are expecting the Freedom with all the amenities, you will be disappointed. The Enchantment is a great ship, but not the caliber of the Freedom class, or even the Radiance class.

Take a good look at the ship, what it offers, what you are looking for and see if the ship, amenities and itinerary meets you needs.

We’ve taken the Enchantment several times and enjoy the short sailing. Compared to the other ships RCCL offered for this run, Enchantment is a step up. Compared to other ships we’ve sailed, not so much.

With that said, we sailed the Enchantment last weekend and had a wonderful cruise.

M

They do open the upper doors to let air in the solarium

Park Cafe is awesome

Enchantment does a buffet at pool one day

Did I say Park Cafe is awesome:D

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Well, I booked this one!

I booked a Junior Suite, because I am hoping the prices drop after the BOGOHO sale. The price tracker I use shows that the JS were under $550 pp before the cruise. Now, they are just over $800pp (4 day cruise), so it's a little steep, I think.

But, I booked cabin 7666, which, I understand is a nice catch - corner aft.

I'll watch the prices, and hopefully they drop.

Well, I booked this one!

I booked a Junior Suite, because I am hoping the prices drop after the BOGOHO sale. The price tracker I use shows that the JS were under $550 pp before the cruise. Now, they are just over $800pp (4 day cruise), so it's a little steep, I think.

But, I booked cabin 7666, which, I understand is a nice catch - corner aft.

I'll watch the prices, and hopefully they drop.

You will love the balcony, it's huge. When we havd 7166 a few years ago, there were 2 chairs, a table, and 3 loungers. We still could have had 15 people on the balcony comfortably.

You will love the balcony, it's huge. When we havd 7166 a few years ago, there were 2 chairs, a table, and 3 loungers. We still could have had 15 people on the balcony comfortably.

Thanks for the information! I've had the opportunity to sail on the Deck 7 corner afts on the Freedom Class, and those are simply massive! But, there is a slight obstruction off the back of the ship due to the superstructure. From what I see, the Enchantment is all open air, but still not a direct view down to the water, which is fine. Only a few ships I've seen have the flat backs where all aft cabins get a direct water view downwards

We spend a lot of time on our balconies. Especially on sea days, so this will be nice.

I am really looking forward to this one. We drive from Canada, and love the road trip down and back almost as much as the cruise(we stop and smell the roses along the way). It's perfect timing - leaves on Monday, returns on Friday.

Solarium - nice? Do they ever really retract the glass roof?

My first cruise on her they didn't open the roof. It was as hot as the sun in there. This was the 1st cruise out of PC.

My second cruise on her they opened the roof and the door/window things around the top. One day the roof was closed, but the door/window things (really... they are doors, but they can't actually be used as doors, so they are windows) were wide open and the breeze was flowing through nicely.

My co-worker just took her a couple of weeks ago and the roof was wide open the entire trip according to said co-worker.

We cruised Enchantment in April and the cruise prior to this was on Freedom. We wondered if we would be disappointed because of the difference in age, size and amenities, but honestly we were not disappointed in Enchantment at all. We found the Solarium to be one of our favorite places and preferred to eat at the Park Café instead of the Windjammer. It was very peaceful and relaxing. The roof was closed during our trip. The night time entertainment was very energetic. In fact, Enchantment had the raciest Quest I had ever attended! IMO Enchantment is way better than the ship it replaced in PC and is the perfect balance between the small ships and the much bigger ships. Enjoy your cruise!

• 3 months later...

Few more Enchantment questions, please:

1. Park Cafe. I think this is a new edition since the stretch a few years ago? Either way- can you tell me a little bit about it? I've only sailed Freedom Class ships (x3), so I am very familiar with the Promenade Cafe - similar in size/food choices with the Park Cafe? Promenade Cafe has sandwiches, cookies, etc, and seating for about 30 or so. Park cafe similar?

2. Quest - again, only sailed Freedom Class, where Quest is held in Studio One - the Ice Rink. Where do they hold it on Enchantment? Is it still the last night of the cruise, usually at around 11pm or so?

3. Formal nights. Is there a formal night on a 4 day cruise?

4. Dining Options. I believe there is Chops, but no Portifino nor Johnny Rockets. (correct?), so dining choices are MDR, Windjammer, Park Cafe and Room Service. Specialty Restaurant: Chops. Am I missing anything?

5. Photo Packages. Available on the Enchantment?

Few more Enchantment questions, please:

1. Park Cafe. I think this is a new edition since the stretch a few years ago? Either way- can you tell me a little bit about it? I've only sailed Freedom Class ships (x3), so I am very familiar with the Promenade Cafe - similar in size/food choices with the Park Cafe? Promenade Cafe has sandwiches, cookies, etc, and seating for about 30 or so. Park cafe similar?

2. Quest - again, only sailed Freedom Class, where Quest is held in Studio One - the Ice Rink. Where do they hold it on Enchantment? Is it still the last night of the cruise, usually at around 11pm or so?

3. Formal nights. Is there a formal night on a 4 day cruise?

4. Dining Options. I believe there is Chops, but no Portifino nor Johnny Rockets. (correct?), so dining choices are MDR, Windjammer, Park Cafe and Room Service. Specialty Restaurant: Chops. Am I missing anything?

5. Photo Packages. Available on the Enchantment?

Park Cafe has more variety than Cafe Promenade, especially at breakfast. You'll find egg/muffin sandwiches, breakfast burritos, wraps, oatmeal, cereal, fruit, bagels, etc. Lunch has everything that CP has, plus the roast beef sandwiches, though someone reported yesterday that they had roast pork. Pizza slices in the afternoon. The downside of Park Cafe compared to CP is the limited hours of operation.

Formal night is night two.

You are correct on the dining options.