Do you decorate your door?

I did on my halloween cruise, had bloody handprint gels and blood drops going down the door, until some jerk had to steal one of the hands, I won't be decorating the door again, sad but stupid people ruin it for everyone.

Carole

You bet I do, it's fun. I have three 8 x 10 sparkly felt pieces with various stick ons like palm trees, a cruise ship, martini glasses, etc. I also put a garland around them that ties into the cruise. We're always in an aftwrap suite, so there isn't much traffic back there and only once did we lose things. It was the kids next door and we took the stuff back off their door where they had put it.

We love to decorate our doors. We often cruise as a group with several cabins, it helps us find our cabin and each others cabins especially after a party filled day/night. Usually at least 1 person is celebrating a birthday so they get a birthday door. We decorate even when we aren't in a group with a few fish or something like that. We keep it simple and get a lot of compliments.

This will be our 1st CC and we are decorating our door! We are taking our son for a surprise trip for his graduation. I am going to sneak off and decorate the door before he gets to the room.

I decorate mine because I'm old & directionally impaired so it helps me find my room. :D

That's why I'm decorating ours this trip...I learned the hard way on the first two cruises that coming in late at night after hanging out at the piano bar or the Lido deck party that it's HARD to find my room. LOL

In the past, I've seen a couple doors decorated but not a whole lot. Pinterest has shown me that if you're on a Disney cruise not only are you expected to decorate your door but put out "fish extenders" for your roll call group. :eek:

I plan on using plain ol regular scotch tape. I have to have a roll of it anyway because my camera's been dropped a few times and the battery door won't stay shut. I keep a roll of tape on hand so I can tape it shut and so I can replace any tape I peel off when I go to take the batteries out to recharge them.

No! I imagine if I had very young children I might but as an adult couple we can find our door easily without decoration. Since kids( or maybe little ghosts) seem to enjoy stealing our Do not disturb sign on the door handle I can only imagine what they might do to pretty decorations!!

Edited by riffatsea

If I have a very active roll call, I always decorate my door. It's nice when CC friends are looking for your cabin to have a door that readily identifies the occupant. I have door decorations I made years ago and take them when I know fellow CC members might be visiting (cabin crawls, etc). I use poster putty which is easily removed at the end of the cruise. If I'm taking a Halloween cruise, I always put up Halloween decorations on the door. Life is too short not to have fun. :D

Usually put up something pertaining to that time of the year. Halloween was cats and ghosts. Christmas was big snowflakes. Go to Hobby Lobby or Michaels and get something.

I use the putty stuff. Comes off easy and doesn't tear anything up. :)

Decorated our door for Halloween. There were quite a few doors decorated on the Halloween cruise and Carnival had a contest for the best decorated door. Some of the doors were very creative and good. It was fun to see the different type of decorations.