Weird question

cacroozr

Do they have chips in the deli? I've read that they don't have any for the salsa bar and that got me to thinking. I have a child that has t o have chips with a sandwich. Well not has to....but he's very picky and that's not a battle I choose to have on vacation. I don't mind bringing my own if I have to. Thanks!

Sent from my KFJWI using Forums mobile app

Are you looking for salsa chips or potato chips?i have seen salsa chips at the buffets sometimes and at the back grill but have only seen potato chips when you order a sandwich from room service.Although every ship that I have been on has not had any upgrades done on them I have a habit of choosing ships before they go to dry dock.It never hurts to bring your own though we do.

Room service, you don't get a bag, they put a handful on the plate with the sandwich. Seems like I remember snacks at the store, and I think they may have included Pringles but not 100% sure. If they do they will be 3 times what you would pay at home. I'd buy a can or two of Pringles and bring them along.

Sandwiches ordered from room service come with your choice of potato chips or pretzels. When I asked at the deli for chips she said that they don't have them but they could have room service bring some to them for me but would take about 4 minutes. I chose not to wait. It was ridiculous to have a salsa bar and no tortilla chips! I can't tell you how many times I wanted tortilla chips with my tacos!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Bring your own. I'm gluten free and I love the Blue Iguana. I bring a large unopened bag of tortilla chips onto the ship and small Ziploc bags to bring smaller portions to eat with my lunch. It's amazing how many people stop and ask where I got the chips because they want some.

Room service, you don't get a bag, they put a handful on the plate with the sandwich. Seems like I remember snacks at the store, and I think they may have included Pringles but not 100% sure. If they do they will be 3 times what you would pay at home. I'd buy a can or two of Pringles and bring them along.

Agree, room service only. Bring your own or buy some at one of your stops as I would not pay their prices on board.

Salsa bar has chips on the deck party night, but none at the deli. There are potato chips at the hamburger/hot dog grill if you can scoop some up with the tongs. Room service adds them to the BLT sandwiches which are very good!

Edited by Terre

Bet they don't offer chips at the deli or buffet because they'd be blown off plates and be all over the deck, attracting birds - which are a nuisance anyway.

Occasionally, there is popcorn during the movie on deck, but I've never seen potato chips anywhere but on the room service trays.

Speaking of chips....does the burrito/taco bar also have cheese dip to use tortilla chips with? I notices there's an salsa bar so just wondering if they have queso cheese dip.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

They have a cheese dip but it has the habanero peppers in it. I didn't know that and poured it all over my chips. Took a bite and my lips, my tongue, and my insides burned for 30 minutes.! I felt hot all over and I thought my head was actually going to blow off my body. :eek: I couldn't get enough to drink. That is the hottest stuff I have ever eaten and will never make that mistake again! On our cruise two weeks ago, we saw a plate of chips covered with the cheese left on a table. I'm sure that person was seeking water and more water.

Just be sure you read the labels before you cover your chips in anything from the salsa bar.