$259 Freedom 12/21/14 cruise

Insides are as low as $259, oceanview $369 on a Christmas cruise? Is this a mistake? Our family is too sappy about Christmas to spend it away from home, but I am hoping you can take advantage!

Lauri

It appears to be a mistake from the price watcher. Hmmm..always watching for good cruise fares but that did seem too good to be true. Darn, I was hoping some of my fellow CC'ers could take advantage!

Lauri

Thanks anyway for the heads up Lauri,

Sometimes there are really great fares that pop up only for a day or so.

Thanks to another CC member, a bunch of us got $369 promenade cabins on the Freedom of the Seas this fall.

I am so dissappointed! I thought it was a special fare that may go away at any minute so I posted right away! Very unusual for that site to be wrong! Would have loved a $369 promenade!

Lauri

I saw that over on the place that can't be named- I checked not long after your posted this OP and if it was there it was already gone.

I wrote a blurb about it on Titus' bug forum so maybe he fixed it. I assume all of his info is automatically loaded from other sites so it is Interesting that there was an error! I wonder if there was a glitch in RCI's site and that low price was actually posted and was loaded onto the other site but RCI fixed it and the other site has not been updated yet. I will go look for a response.

Still a big bummer!

Lauri

The response: "You are right, insides on this cruise went down sharply then back up to their "normal" price of $969. The only explanation I have right now is that RCI posted wrong prices. Sunday is usually database maintenance day for several cruise lines and their web site are even more unreliable (if operating at all)."

Edited by lah66

I wrote a blurb about it on Titus' bug forum so maybe he fixed it."

I find that Titus's data is not usually wrong, and I snagged a JS on the first day of the BoGo, for less than the Balcony I was already booked in.

One has to be very quick, I find that if RCI has posted the price and it is available, they will honour the price drop, but they will just as quickly correct the price in their databases. The second leg of our B2B has had several price jumps since early May.

I find that Titus's data is not usually wrong, and I snagged a JS on the first day of the BoGo, for less than the Balcony I was already booked in.

One has to be very quick, I find that if RCI has posted the price and it is available, they will honour the price drop, but they will just as quickly correct the price in their databases. The second leg of our B2B has had several price jumps since early May.

Some family may have a very Merry Christmas on their bargain basement cruise! I hope someone was quick enough to get that price! I would love to hear the story if they did!!

Lauri

It appears to be a mistake from the price watcher. Hmmm..always watching for good cruise fares but that did seem too good to be true. Darn, I was hoping some of my fellow CC'ers could take advantage!

Lauri

Nice of you to try. Thanks.:)

Kathy

Very inactive roll call for that Sailing. I went over to see if there was any chatter about that short lived (maybe) price drop.

I don't know how much time there is from the time you get notified of a drop vs the actual time that the drop occurred.

I use that same "unnamed" site and what happens sometimes is that RCI puts a price on the wrong line and Titus automatically uploads it. Often RCI puts the price for the 3rd passenger on the line for the inside cabin, that has happened to me several times, especially on the Thursday preview of the Going Gone sale. RCI has found that having TAs and all of us being their accuracy checker saves them manpower :-). Since you can't book it until 12:01 AM on Tuesday morning they have lots of time to correct it.

I use that same "unnamed" site and what happens sometimes is that RCI puts a price on the wrong line and Titus automatically uploads it. Often RCI puts the price for the 3rd passenger on the line for the inside cabin, that has happened to me several times, especially on the Thursday preview of the Going Gone sale. RCI has found that having TAs and all of us being their accuracy checker saves them manpower :-). Since you can't book it until 12:01 AM on Tuesday morning they have lots of time to correct it.

That makes sense

Thanks for explaining that! The price certainly makes more sense for 3/4 passenger. I guess we will never know if someone benefitted from the very temporary (but incredible) price reduction!

Lauri

• 2 weeks later...

Not the price drop y'all mentioned, but there was a fare today on the December 21 Freedom sailing that was probably a mistake. They corrected pretty quickly, but I was able to get 2 D2 balcony cabins for that sailing for $361 a person!!! Other posters got even lower!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Not the price drop y'all mentioned, but there was a fare today on the December 21 Freedom sailing that was probably a mistake. They corrected pretty quickly, but I was able to get 2 D2 balcony cabins for that sailing for $361 a person!!! Other posters got even lower!!!

Fantastic !! Well done :-)

We got that as well. hope they don't take it away. I was hoping it went to St Thomas but I guess it goes to St Juan, not that it really matters:) We are already booked on the 11/30 sailing but will probably change See you there- Ellen

It am so HAPPY for you! What is up with the prices on this sailing?? Incredible! What a Merry Christmas it will be for your families! I have never heard of a $369 balcony ever!! Especially not a 7 day Christmas cruise on a ship as nice as Freedom! So excited for you!

Lauri

It am so HAPPY for you! What is up with the prices on this sailing?? Incredible! What a Merry Christmas it will be for your families! I have never heard of a $369 balcony ever!! Especially not a 7 day Christmas cruise on a ship as nice as Freedom! So excited for you!

Lauri

Thank you!!! I am so excited!!! This will only be our 4th cruise, but are super excited about it! I haven't told DH yet, but plan to surprise him closer to Christmas. I never get deals like this!!!