Port Canaveral hotel

djsfamily

Are there any resort type hotels near Port Canaveral. I was looking at Cocoa Key hotel and water park, I also looked at International palms. We will be traveling with an 8 year old I want something that will keep her occupied but something low key. We are gonna fly in the day before. I was told Cocoa Key was almost an hour away from the terminal and they don't have shuttle. Any Idea or suggestions?

Thanks.

Are there any resort type hotels near Port Canaveral. I was looking at Cocoa Key hotel and water park, I also looked at International palms. We will be traveling with an 8 year old I want something that will keep her occupied but something low key. We are gonna fly in the day before. I was told Cocoa Key was almost an hour away from the terminal and they don't have shuttle. Any Idea or suggestions?

Thanks.

You will either need to do a one way car rental or pre-book a shuttle from the airport to Cape Canaveral/Cocoa Beach area because a taxi will cost you $$$$. All of the car rental places are conveniently located near the port.

If you want to prebook a shuttle the three most popular are Travelynx, Executive VIP Limo and Cocoa Beach Shuttle

The three hotels closest to the port are Country Inn & Suites, Residence Inn and Radisson At The Port.

We have sailed out of PC many times so please let me know if I can help.

Thanks.

Radisson Resort at the Port. If you Google that, you can find hotel details. They have a nice pool with a waterfall and a Tiki bar by the pool. They also have onsite dining and a shuttle to the port. This is the closest hotel to the port. I used Florida Limousine Service to get from Orlando airport to the hotel.

Edited by winddawn

I'm not aware of a "Cocoa Key" around here . .

Coco Key and water park is in Orlando . . .

https://www.cocokeyorlando.com/

Ron Jon is technically a time-share so beware you may get into a sales pitch situation; it is not 'on the beach' but near and they run a big golf cart back and forth

International Palms is directly on the beach ... here's the pool area

102_0060_zpsb2778888.jpg

102_0061_zpsffd903b2.jpg

102_0063_zps5303e637.jpg

The hotels you mentioned in beginning of this post are in Orlando. About an hour away from the port

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app

There is an International Palms in Orlando

and another in Cocoa Beach - this is the one on the beach and of my pictures. Under 6 miles south of the port on A1A

• 2 weeks later...
There is an International Palms in Orlando

and another in Cocoa Beach - this is the one on the beach and of my pictures. Under 6 miles south of the port on A1A

We live next door, please be quiet:o

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Radisson Resort at the Port. If you Google that, you can find hotel details. They have a nice pool with a waterfall and a Tiki bar by the pool. They also have onsite dining and a shuttle to the port. This is the closest hotel to the port. I used Florida Limousine Service to get from Orlando airport to the hotel.

Actually the Country Inn & Suites is the closest hotel to the port. The Radisson is also past the Residence Inn which is next to the Country Inn & Suites. In reading some recent reviews it appears the Radisson needs to do some upgrades to their rooms. Reports were the rooms are looking a little worn and dated. The pool area still gets high marks though.

We have always stayed at the Raddison for our sailings out of Port C.

We love the pool area, spacious, and very nice, and the resort is walking distance to some local restuarants, and fun zone.

The resort is starting to show its age.

We will probably stay here again if we ever sail out of this port.

Have considered looking else where, but, sometimes old habits are hard to break, and you cannot beat it for the price.

Sea Ya

Does Ron Jon have the free-parking-for-the-duration-of-your-cruise option and free shuttle to/from PC?

Thanks

Yes, parking for free during the cruise. They do not have a shuttle to/from the port, but there's a cab service out there that you pretty much pay what you want to them. We used them with no problems.

Does Ron Jon have the free-parking-for-the-duration-of-your-cruise option and free shuttle to/from PC?

Thanks

Ron Jon Cape Caribe is really great and the lazy pool is huge.

Parking is free but they do not have a shuttle to/ from

the Port which is right there.

A taxi is your best option.

The Resort uses Executive Vip Limousine to and from the airports.