DOS, on the Dawn

max405

Hi, all I am booking suite 9506 on the Dawn & would any comments on this cabin perks, min bar, # of tv's , where is the sofa bed located, etc. ? Thank you in advance for your info! Max.

9506 is an OS (Owner's Suite).

The four DOS (Deluxe Owner's Suite) are on Deck 12.

There are two different floor plans for the DOS cabins on the Dawn.

Aside from the different space arrangements, I think the main difference in perks is the amount/type of bar setup.

On the Dawn, the DOS do not have balconies, but the OS cabins do (and they have two, one forward, and one on the side).

GeezerCouple

9506 is an OS (Owner's Suite).

The four DOS (Deluxe Owner's Suite) are on Deck 12.

There are two different floor plans for the DOS cabins on the Dawn.

Good thing the OP gave name and cabin number. Otherwise they would have got the right answers to the wrong question. Or is that the wrong answer to the right question?

Either way, folks that give enough detail get way better answers.

Suite 9506 has a front and a side balcony the same suites are also found on deck 10 and I little bigger

You can choose 3 bottles of spirits from the list the butler will give you or order thru pre cruise concierge

You can have anything you ask for in the fridge juice cranberry milk Pepsi products all part of your perks

TV,s one in the living room smallish flat screen and small old style TV in bedroom with DVD player

I have photos of room 10006 identical room on deck ten starboard side if your interested

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We all make mistakes ! Sorry, so I would like info on this " OS " / with two balconys ; 9506 Thanks Max!:(

It's easy to get confused, especially early on, with so many abbreviations and acronyms to learn.

I don't think it is possible to change the title of the thread, which is unfortunate.

No doubt others will see the title, see the cabin number, and quickly make the same comment.

IS there a way to change the title?

GeezerCouple

Hi Max

Look on youtube for ncl dawn and the cabin number. There's a video of one of those 2 two balcony cabins on deck 9. I was contemplating changing from an SF on 10 to one of those if the price went down some more. They look great. If you search cruisecritic for Dawn and the cabin number or OS suite perks you'll get a lot of info about amount and types of alcohol and what else to expect. You might specifically want to look for information about the bridge cam and the visibility of the front balcony from the bridge cam. Think I remember reading something about that.

We were in 10006 in summer of 2012. The room could have used some TLC.

There are the two tvs as mentioned - they both had dvd players. The one in the living room was integrated and the one in the bedroom was a small separate one.

They had all the specialty menus in the rooms plus ketchup and mustard in the cabinets. The fridge is like a dorm type and they had regular bottled water, San Pellegrino bottled water, basic Pepsi variety all refilled as used.

Not to get too far off track, but that room has been mentioned in the haunted thread that was discussed at one time. They were supposed to do a tv show I thought last fall during Halloween and I don't recall seeing if they actually did do that.

Suite 9506 has a front and a side balcony the same suites are also found on deck 10 and I little bigger

You can choose 3 bottles of spirits from the list the butler will give you or order thru pre cruise concierge

You can have anything you ask for in the fridge juice cranberry milk Pepsi products all part of your perks

TV,s one in the living room smallish flat screen and small old style TV in bedroom with DVD player

I have photos of room 10006 identical room on deck ten starboard side if your interested

Sorry, but OS suites do not get three bottles of liquor. The garden suites get six and the DOS gets three. You only get a bottle of sparkling wine.

Sorry, but OS suites do not get three bottles of liquor. The garden suites get six and the DOS gets three. You only get a bottle of sparkling wine.

Any time we were in owners suite last time February 2014 we were offered three bottles of liquor so yes they do

Any time we were in owners suite last time February 2014 we were offered three bottles of liquor so yes they do

I sailed in an OS on a CTN on the Jewel but I think it's an identical room. I also booked the same room on the Gem for a week long cruise this summer. First off, the room is fabulous!! Tons of living and sleeping space, a real dining table and two balconies! We ran back and forth from forward to side balconies during sailaway out of NYC to not miss a thing!! I hope you love it!

As for the alcohol, I believe that OS and above receive three bottles; the GV receives six.

Have a great cruise!!:)

Thanks for all your help ( lol ) & if we get a Solar Burst , use your fingers and toes:D. Now has anyone stayed in this cabin ( 9506 ) & how was it?

The sofa bed is against the back wall to the balcony room that is just aft of your room. It is a 3 seater white leather type couch that more of is a pull out a section rather than typical sofa bed with metal hinges.

I sailed in an OS on a CTN on the Jewel but I think it's an identical room. I also booked the same room on the Gem for a week long cruise this summer. First off, the room is fabulous!! Tons of living and sleeping space, a real dining table and two balconies! We ran back and forth from forward to side balconies during sailaway out of NYC to not miss a thing!! I hope you love it!

As for the alcohol, I believe that OS and above receive three bottles; the GV receives six.

Have a great cruise!!:)

Correct - Owner's Suites (and DOS) get 3 bottles to choose from. I sent my request in a few week's ago.

More info posted on a previous thread - including the base list if you're interested:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=43114918#post43114918