I thought Holland America was not sailing to Canada/NE in summer '06

tripman

Travelocity does not show Holland America in Canada in June, which is why I was confused.

I think all this means is that Travelocity (et fils) has not reserved any space on those itineraries. Which is odd, I agree.

MarkB

The 2006 cruise planner shows the Maasdam sailing Eastern Canada/ New England all summer long starting April 28th and ending October 7th. The exception to this will be a 35 day cruise out of Boston on July 1st (Iam booked) to Rotterdam and back. Then starting Canada / New England again on August 5th.

According to HAL's website there's LOTS of availability on the NE/Canada cruises. :) And good prices, too. At least, that's what I'm seeing on the May 13 Montreal to Boston Cruise and the May 20 return cruise. Looks fantastic. TEMPTING indeed.

Since I can't get Christopher free for May, maybe he can get away for June 17 and June 24 for a b2b ... and the prices, here, are good too. $1,289.01 for an inside J, each way. hmmmmm cheaper than Europe, and a lot cheaper in airfare.

Maybe I'll suggest this instead?

Don't limit your cruise search to Travelocity. They probably haven't programmed the Canada/New England sailings into their database yet. I find that typical of many travel websites. If you don't see something on one site, keep looking for it on others!

I always go to HAL's own site first and then go to others.

I'm happy Rev found the prices to be good. We found the cabin we booked is $3,000 more for the identical cabin, identical itinerary as we did this year. Same cruise, same Suite, $3,000 more costly.....and the Suites are just about sold out for the weeks we are booked for. Go Figure!! :confused:

I guess no one has heard, but If I am not mistaken, Holland Americas Amsterdam will sail from NYC to Canada and New England from September and October 06, such as how Princess and Celebrity do for a month or so.

Holland Americas Amsterdam will sail from NYC to Canada and New England from September and October 06, such as how Princess and Celebrity do for a month or so.

Yes, she will.

This is not a new thing for HAL... I don't know if they've done it since MAASDAM started doing a full season from Boston (was last year her first? I forget), but I definitely recall ROTTERDAM, VEENDAM, and the previous WESTERDAM all doing Canada/NE from NYC in the fall.

I'm happy Rev found the prices to be good. We found the cabin we booked is $3,000 more for the identical cabin, identical itinerary as we did this year. Same cruise, same Suite, $3,000 more costly.....and the Suites are just about sold out for the weeks we are booked for. Go Figure!!

Youch! I only looked at the Inside and outside categories ... I knew I wouldn't be able to afford any verandah cabins or S-cats.

I just looked at they have the s-cats at $3219 pp. I'm not sure I follow your math. Are you saying that, for this season, you had an S-cat for about $1600 per person?

We just made reservations for the May 27, 2006 Maasdam sailing -- our first with HAL -- what a great itinerary! We wanted to go this fall, but no cabins were available, so we will be taking a trial run this September on the RCI Enchantment of the Seas.

I guess no one has heard, but If I am not mistaken, Holland Americas Amsterdam will sail from NYC to Canada and New England from September and October 06, such as how Princess and Celebrity do for a month or so.

Yes, we are aware of Amsterdam's itinerary. WE live in Boston so have no interest in going to New to board the ship when we can board and disembark thirty minutes from our home AND spend four more days aboard Maasdam. We'll be aboard for 14 days vs. Amsterdam's 10 days.

Thank you for mentioning that itinerary for those who do not know about it.

Our 2002 Rotterdam tiles say "MS Rotterdam New England Canada Inaugural Season" so I assume that was the first year Rotterdam made that itinerary, I only remeber 2 HAL ships doing this trip but you all have longer memories than I do.

We got an "S" on the Maasdam this June for $2400 (7day NE/Canada) will probably never see that price again, but we have "A Travel Angel".

GN

Our 2002 Rotterdam tiles say "MS Rotterdam New England Canada Inaugural Season" so I assume that was the first year Rotterdam made that itinerary, I only remeber 2 HAL ships doing this trip but you all have longer memories than I do.

We got an "S" on the Maasdam this June for $2400 (7day NE/Canada) will probably never see that price again, but we have "A Travel Angel".

GN

HI GN.....

Hope all is well with you.

You, indeed, got a great price for your cruise. For the same cruise that we were on together in the same cabin, we paid somewhat more. Good for you. Think I'll be asking you about your "travel angel". :)

Archived