Beware

kruisey

Personally I think I will withdraw my Waitlist deposit

If I had not believed the information Princess gave me thinking I would like to help others I would not have started it in the first instance.

Enjoy the cruise everyone....:)

Why would you pull your wait list deposit? You're not too high on the wait list. The cruise is so far away

Personally I think I will withdraw my Waitlist deposit

If I had not believed the information Princess gave me thinking I would like to help others I would not have started it in the first instance.

Enjoy the cruise everyone....:)

Helping others do what?

No reason to withdraw deposit...go online to a large TA see if cabins are available and book cruise...why all the drama? This is not some big Princess or TA scandal...

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I agree. My TA has cabins available for that cruise.

Mike:)

Read first post on this thread..:)

What! warn us that a large on line cruise booking agency is doing something wrong when most of us feel that they are not. As noted there are agencies that still have some cabins available.

What! warn us that a large on line cruise booking agency is doing something wrong when most of us feel that they are not. As noted there are agencies that still have some cabins available.

I listened to a Princess Representative .She was very wrong.she should have said their cabins were filled and directed me to search for TA's that might still have availability. She told me to ignore offers on the web they were not true the ship was sold out.

I listened to a Princess Representative .She was very wrong.she should have said their cabins were filled and directed me to search for TA's that might still have availability. She told me to ignore offers on the web they were not true the ship was sold out.

Certainly your right, but your apparent aversion to using a TA would appear to be hurting only yourself.

I understand you being upset with the incorrect information that you received, but perhaps it was an honest mistake or misunderstanding. I certain do not believe that it is Princess's policy to discourage customers from using TAs. If fact it is just the opposite.

You seem to be implying that you are now never going to cruise on Princess again because of the misinformation.

Book with a good TA, get a better deal, and have a good time. And perhaps with all the experienced Princess cruisers on board you will get some leads on great TAs for future Princess cruises. They do exist.

Good luck.

Kruisey you have been on these boards for a million years. WE all know that calling Princess and getting a Customer Service person is hit and miss about getting the best information. I know you know that. What you probably should have done, with out all the drama, BEWARE, is gone on Cruise Critic and said look I have these two scenarios what do you think. Should I take the chance with the Travel Agent or do I believe the Customer Service person. I bet you would have been told go for the travel agent since many here have travel agents as friends and know there are/were still some cabins left. You would have had an outside cabin instead of an inside at a cost that you would have been happy with. We also know that in a lot of cases Princess will be more expensive then a good Travel Agent. If you ask for help in a nice way everyone will be happy to help you.

Kruisey you have been on these boards for a million years. WE all know that calling Princess and getting a Customer Service person is hit and miss about getting the best information. I know you know that. What you probably should have done, with out all the drama, BEWARE, is gone on Cruise Critic and said look I have these two scenarios what do you think. Should I take the chance with the Travel Agent or do I believe the Customer Service person. I bet you would have been told go for the travel agent since many here have travel agents as friends and know there are/were still some cabins left. You would have had an outside cabin instead of an inside at a cost that you would have been happy with. We also know that in a lot of cases Princess will be more expensive then a good Travel Agent. If you ask for help in a nice way everyone will be happy to help you.

can be given on CC .it would be great if one could check with you guys to know if it is one of the good TA's and not a rogue before handing out ones money.That is why I was checking with princess in the first instance.????

One can almost always make out better with a TA than directly with Princess. Even when the price might be the same, there are other perks using a TA. It's a shame to condemn all TAs due to a very few bad apples.

Let folks make up their own minds on this subject.

i went into this Wait List as a newbie and came out as an expert;)

But you don't need to be WAITLISTED...there are cabins available...are you purposely ignoring this fact???

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

If the OP was serious about securing a cabin they would have gone back to that agency and booked a cabin after they were misinformed.

This thread I feel has come a full circle.

i did not book with that agency because they have several complaints about them

Just checked a very reputable online agency. They are selling OV guarantees for $4120 including all taxes (price is for two). Comes with an $85 OBC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agencies out there so wonder who they could be?