Suite for four persons or more

4774Papa

We have booked the Millenium for the Around Japan cruise in September 2015. We booked a veranda, but it appears that family members may join us on the cruise. My Son, his friend and perhaps my Step-Daughter. All are grown adults.

I took a look at the suites for Millenium (having never stayed in a suite) and it appears that only the very expensive suites offer two separate bedrooms. Also, when I tried a ghost booking for four on a couple of the smaller suites, the prices came up to $4K pp for the cruise. Not good.

I am looking for advise on what type of suite could hold four or five persons. I know the ship has some family verandas, but not sure those would be our answer.

Why don't you just get connecting cabins and make sure you get a balcony that opens so you can have one big deck. We did it with our family and it worked great! Then you can have some privacy. Also make sure you get a room that has a pull out couch. You can research cabins that have larger balconies that also connect. The doors also connect so that you can go between cabins and have privacy at your front door.

Happy Sailing.

Why don't you just get connecting cabins and make sure you get a balcony that opens so you can have one big deck. We did it with our family and it worked great! Then you can have some privacy. Also make sure you get a room that has a pull out couch. You can research cabins that have larger balconies that also connect. The doors also connect so that you can go between cabins and have privacy at your front door.

Happy Sailing.

You may be thinking of the S-Class ships. The M-Class ships, including Millennium, do not have balcony dividers that open, nor do they have the cabins that connect with the double doors at the front door/hallway. The M-Class connecting cabins are the traditional type of connecting rooms with the connecting door physically in the rooms.

To the original poster, even the very largest suites only have one bedroom on Millennium. They do have lots of room, but three of the five adults would be on pull out couches and rollaway beds. You would also have only one full bathroom. As others have suggested two cabins may be your answer.

You may be thinking of the S-Class ships. The M-Class ships' date=' including Millennium, do not have balcony dividers that open, nor do they have the cabins that connect with the double doors at the front door/hallway. The M-Class connecting cabins are the traditional type of connecting rooms with the connecting door physically in the rooms.

To the original poster, even the very largest suites only have one bedroom on Millennium. They do have lots of room, but three of the five adults would be on pull out couches and rollaway beds. You would also have only one full bathroom. As others have suggested two cabins may be your answer.[/quote']

Actually the penthouse has two bathrooms.

I would not want to sail with 5 in a cabin--even the penthouse.

Edited by Happy Cruiser 6143

Actually the penthouse has two bathrooms.

I would not want to sail with 5 in a cabin--even the penthouse.

On M Class, IF you tried to do more than 4 the Penthouse would really be the only option, but still not ideal. It would be 2 in the bed, 2 on the sofa bed and 1 on a rollaway. But at least it has 2 separate bathrooms and space for the rollaway.

Clearly not ideal, but the Royal and Celebrity suite would be very tight with the sofa bed out AND a rollaway - it they would even allow it.

The only suite with 2 bedrooms is the Reflection suite, found only on Refelction, and it's about $25k for 7 days...! :eek:

2 standard cabins or the Family Veranda are the best options for this scenario by far.

We have booked the Millenium for the Around Japan cruise in September 2015. We booked a veranda, but it appears that family members may join us on the cruise. My Son, his friend and perhaps my Step-Daughter. All are grown adults.

I took a look at the suites for Millenium (having never stayed in a suite) and it appears that only the very expensive suites offer two separate bedrooms. Also, when I tried a ghost booking for four on a couple of the smaller suites, the prices came up to $4K pp for the cruise. Not good.

I am looking for advise on what type of suite could hold four or five persons. I know the ship has some family verandas, but not sure those would be our answer.

If you dont need the suite perks, then you are best off booking 2 connecting rooms or the family veranda. (which usually books up quickly). typically Celebrity does not allow 5 in a room unless the 5th is an infant.

.....I am looking for advise on what type of suite could hold four or five persons.

If you want a suite with 2 bedrooms on the Millennium, I would suggest booking either 6143 + 6145 or 6144 + 6146.

That would give you very comfortable accommodations in a sky suite + concierge cabin, 2 bathrooms, and a balcony door that can be opened between them.

If you want a suite with 2 bedrooms on the Millennium, I would suggest booking either 6143 + 6145 or 6144 + 6146.

That would give you very comfortable accommodations in a sky suite + concierge cabin, 2 bathrooms, and a balcony door that can be opened between them.

Well actually it's a balcony partition, but you're right, those partitions can be opened. The only problem is that there is no way to fix them in the open position. But that is an excellent suggestion. Although I believe the sky suite lacks cover overhead unless they remedied that in the last drydock. I haven't been on the Millie for a while.

Last year on the Millie, we booked a Royal Suite with the connecting Concierge Room (6135 & 6137). With 3 adults and 2 teenage boys, it worked great for our cruise in Alaska. We kept the connecting door open and our butler just treated it as a bigger suite. My oldest son slept on the hide-a-bed in the RS while my youngest slept in the Concierge room with my mother. With the beds apart in that room, it was a little tight leaving the connecting door open, but it was still so much better than all 5 of us in one room. I don't recall the balcony divider being able to be opened up to make a bigger balcony though.

We've done 4 cruises with 4 of us in a Royal Suite when my Dad was still alive. DH and I on pull out and my Parents in big room. My DH liked to have a sauna in afternoon and often showered in men's locker room before coming back to change for dinner. Mom and I got ready before dad so there weren't any shower hogging. Additionally there is jetted tub in the bi BR in a royal, 1 can shower, 1 can bathe at same time if you choose.

We were very comfortable. Good thing we will get along so well.

Since Dad ha been gone almost 3 years, Mom, me and DH still book a RS, she just gets pull out bed now. And a 2 piece bathroom on S class ships

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app - My next cruise - Equinox - B2B 6/2014

The M class ships have family balcony rooms. The Cabin are aft and the corner balconys are huge. We had one for our Australia cruise in November with our adult daughter. There are rooms which has a sliding door between them. The only problem with i see is 5 adults using one bathroom. Look at cabin 8181.

These cabin can only be booked thur Celebrity or a TA to groups of 4 or 5. If they not not sell by final payment they are then opened for less passengers.

Enjoy your cruise.

Pam

OP,

There are balcony cabins on the M class ships that have a divider that can be opened. They are Aqua class cabins on deck 11, port starboard and aft. Been there done that.....

On the M class ships connecting cabins would be an alternative to a suite or deck 6 combo...done that too. But be aware that when you have a generic balcony cabin, be it a deluxe, standard, Concierge or Aqua you will lose your sofa in each cabin. You will have a chair which means when the five gather in one connecting cabin two will be in chairs (one will be the desk chair) and three sitting on a bed or the floor.

If available you can sleep 5 in a FV cabin. It is larger but only has one bathroom. You cannot book it on the Celebrity web site. You either have to call your travel agent or Celebrity.

Your least expensive option would be a balcony cabin that sleeps three and an inside cabin nearby, if that's important. Actually your least expensive option is two inside cabins but I think you do want at least one balcony cabin as per your original booking.