Cost of soda on board?

I am taking a cruise on the Jewel OTS in July. I am considering getting the soda package but I do not know the cost of purchasing a single glass of soda. Does anyone know what RCI is currently charging for a glass of soda on board? Thanks.

Eric

I am taking a cruise on the Jewel OTS in July. I am considering getting the soda package but I do not know the cost of purchasing a single glass of soda. Does anyone know what RCI is currently charging for a glass of soda on board? Thanks.

Eric

You cannot purchase a single glass. They only sell 12 oz cans for indivdual purchase at $2.88 each.

Wow, I didn't realize that. Thanks for the quick response. I'll pass on the soda package and buy the cans since I won't be drinking more then two a day.

Eric

You cannot purchase a single glass. They only sell 12 oz cans for indivdual purchase at $2.88 each.

Have no idea where you came up with this idea

It is totally false

All the bars have fountain soda for $1.75 plus 15% by the glass

Have no idea where you came up with this idea

It is totally false

All the bars have fountain soda for $1.75 plus 15% by the glass

It must be a well kept secret then...anytime I have ever ordered a soda from the bar it was always in a can...

It must be a well kept secret then...anytime I have ever ordered a soda from the bar it was always in a can...

Might depend on ship

On Vision, Radiance, and Voyager class have never even been offered a can at a bar. But we always have the soda package except the one time they comped the premium package on a trans-Atlantic

Might depend on ship

On Vision, Radiance, and Voyager class have never even been offered a can at a bar. But we always have the soda package except the one time they comped the premium package on a trans-Atlantic

That makes sense that you are never offered a can because the soda package does not include cans.

The experience seems to vary from ship to ship as well. Last cruise (Navigator) I went and bought a can of diet coke from the bar for $2.25. When I got back to the room we realized the pop in the fridge was the same price.

For those who got a can from the bar, keep in mind it may depend on what you order. I think diet pop comes in cans and regular bar mix like coke and ginger ale are poured from the fountain.

On our last month Serenade TA cruise 12 oz. cans of soda were $1.75 plus 15% gratuity for a total of $2.01 each.

Wow, such a deal! I haven't seen a price that low in, well, never! I think cans have been around $1.95+ over the years. You got a deal. :)

When I got back to the room we realized the pop in the fridge was the same price...

Yes, but I would recommend checking the expiry dates of items in the fridge. I have found many expired cans of pop and boxed goods in the fridge/cooler over the years. For freshness, I would recommend a bar onboard where the inventory is rotated more often. :)

I've been looking into the soda package as well. We'll be on the Navigator, which I believe is Voyager class (never been with RCI, so I would welcome any corrections) :)

At first, via the forums, I thought we would only have soda fountains with the soda-only package (replenish?). So, there are cans that I can purchase/use with my package?

MAJOR Diet Coke drinker, so there's no need to do math with me on this. I will do the package. Just wondering if I should bring my own cans upon embarkation or if that is unnecessary since cans are available on board. Thanks!

I've been looking into the soda package as well. We'll be on the Navigator, which I believe is Voyager class (never been with RCI, so I would welcome any corrections) :)

At first, via the forums, I thought we would only have soda fountains with the soda-only package (replenish?). So, there are cans that I can purchase/use with my package?

MAJOR Diet Coke drinker, so there's no need to do math with me on this. I will do the package. Just wondering if I should bring my own cans upon embarkation or if that is unnecessary since cans are available on board. Thanks!

Cans of soda are not included in any of the unlimited beverage packages.

Cans of soda are not included in any of the unlimited beverage packages.

The bars on Navigator have coke, diet coke, sprite, and ginger ail at the bar guns

If they are not working for some reason they pour from two litter bottles

Thank you clarea and Truckersar for such quick responses!

With regard to the soda packages we just got off the explorer and most of the soda machines were either broke it empty. I think there was only one working one. We complained at the end. They refunded 1 of my parents two they bought but refused to refund any of the 4 I bought.

With soda package, sodas from the bar are in a glass not cans, so they do have soda fountain in bars, just not sure if you can buy it by the glass unless mixed with something else.

With regard to the soda packages we just got off the explorer and most of the soda machines were either broke it empty. I think there was only one working one. We complained at the end. They refunded 1 of my parents two they bought but refused to refund any of the 4 I bought.