Enchantment of the Seas ~ June 13th Weekend Bahamas Getaway

Love all of the photos! Thanks for sharing! Can't wait to cruise Enchantment!

When are you going? The Enchantment has become my favorite ship, it's just my style cruising.

Michael

This is barefoot beach, it's all the way down to the right. You just keep walking until you can't anymore.

IMG_3599_zps34bfb88a.jpg

After we walked around the island for a bit we decided it was time for a Coco Loco! These are usually served in their signature take home cup, but since we had the drink package we go them in a plastic cup.

IMG_3598_zpsd6ffe9f3.jpg

To be honest I'm not 100%, but I go by the Oasis bar because that's the "new" part.

I met some friends and went into their cabin which is how I know they have the glass doors vs curtains. I also thought the cabins seemed a bit larger, plus the TV's are on the bathroom wall, giving you more counter space.

Thanks for the info, really doesn't matter if "newer" cabin or not (prefer shower door over curtain , but whatever it is will be fine ), I am looking forward to a great cruise in October on the Enchantment! I'm happy to hear about the sail away party, they are so much fun and they weren't on the last 2 cruises I've been on. Will definitely check out the oasis Bar as well (planning to do the premium pkg) ;-)

Btw...I prefer coco cay over labadee.

Traci

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by Heytray41

Thank you for the review. I'm enjoying the pictures especially.

I've been on the Enchantment before, but never for a 3-day cruise, which we are doing in a few months. Did you go to any of the evening entertainment? Did they do the Quest or Love&Marriage games?

I love CocoCay too. Such a relaxing day. I know they sometimes have to skip it if the weather isn't cooperating, but it looks like you had a wonderful day. :)

FANTASTIC review! I like your style .. your pics and commentary are just great!

I just did a trip report on my Explorer cruise a couple of weeks ago and had forgotten just how much work goes into putting these things together, embedding pics w/Photobucket, etc .. so ur efforts are greatly appreciated!!

You're also convincing me to give Enchantment a try. We did Monarch out of Port Canaveral twice and loved it. So I know this sounds weird but I just never was drawn to Enchantment .. purely based on her looks. I just never found her an attractive ship - externally, anyway.

Your pics and ur report on the ship, the crew, etc really are changing my mind .. I may just book her this coming Spring after all!

Thanks again for ur report!

Thanks for your review. I really enjoyed reading about Enchantment. You have made me want to consider booking a cruise on her.

I also appreciate your tip about Park N Cruise. We have used them several times and were very happy. However, when I went to make a reservation for our upcoming cruise I noticed that they are only offering valet now. I am sorry to hear that your phone went missing. You said it was a work phone, hope you didn't get in trouble because it disappeared. I did not like Park N Cruise's response to you when you reported the disappearance either. Looks like we will be finding a new place to park.

Thanks for the review...I just booked the 4 day cruise on the Enchantment for January and can't wait. I'm going to have to send your review to my friend so she can get excited about it too!

Edited by koolkat327

Thanks for your great Review...

I'm booked for October 10 (3 Day) and December 29 (4 Day New Years Cruise)

The Enchantment 3 and 4 day cruises out of Port Canaveral are our favorite getaways. A half days drive and we are there.

We've sailed the Sovereign 3 times, Monarch 11 times and Enchantment 5 times to the Bahamas out of Port Canaveral since 2007... We've visited Nassau 26 times and CoCo Cay 19 times.

We really enjoy the Enchantment, for a seventeen year old ship that sails with up to 4,800 passengers each week, we think She's great...

We've been fans of Desmond a few years now...

I've got to mention the New Years Eve Cruise on Enchantment...

We did this cruise Last December 30, 2013, New Years Eve in CoCO Cay and New Years Day in Nassau...

The Enchantment knows how to Party on New Years Eve. Parties about the Ship for any taste, they had two combined bands in the Centrum doing Pop/Rock. They had a Latin band in Boleros, They had the Ship's Ochestra doing Big Band music in the Spotlight Lounge and a Pianist in the Schooner Bar. Every host/hostess started bringing out trays of complimentary Champaign about 11:45pm. There was a Buffet on the Pool Deck at 12:15am and if you were wondering what was happening in the Viking Crown Lounge, well, they started a Disco Party about 12:15AM (The First Party of 2014) that went, I'm Told, until 5AM... Reyno, the Concierge, had a party in his lounge too...

The Enchantment is just a FUN ship.

Dennis & Sue...

30192-profile.png

What cabins are considered in the new section? Are the panoramic oceanview rooms part of the new section on Enchantment? Thanks all.

I believe they are the cabins that end in 68 - 82. I don't remember whay year she was stretched. I do know that we had one of the "newer" rooms and the next time one of the older ones and the older one was nicer.

Edited by molly361

What cabins are considered in the new section? Are the panoramic oceanview rooms part of the new section on Enchantment? Thanks all.

No. They are new cabins that were converted from common rooms, but are not the new cabins that were added when the ship was stretched.

M

Thanks for the comprehensive review.

We sailed the Enchantment a few weeks ago and shared Coco Cay with the Majesty. Both food areas were open to accommodate the crowds. The island became quite busy by 11AM.

Groups/families that arrived after 11 really had problems getting more than a few loungers together. The "take away" is....if there are two ships at Coco Cay, plan to be there by 10AM if you want your choice if seating.

M

The new staterooms added in the 2005 stretch are those ending with 068 to 082 and 568 to 582, adding the deck # for the first digit. Also inside staterooms added are those ending in 877 to 881 on decks 3 and 4.