Azamara Paperwork - Nightmares!

agapanthus

We're looking forward to our fourth trip on Quest. 5th July 2014 from Venice.......obviously small fry compared with those lucky folk who seem to spend the vast majority of their retirement years cruising................that surely has to have its drawbacks? We have booked through agents each time with varying processes - our most negative experience is our current one with an agent who expects us to 'download' and print any major documents! - not an easy task even for a retired IT professional - God knows how those with little IT experience or indeed those without the necessary hardware. We've just spent many hours trying to download and print the Guest document with, as it seems, all essential information. No amount of fiddling with different versions of Adobe Reader has resulted in what we need! An increasing frustration - We will be changing next time to those agents who appreciate what we go through in the name of saving them money and postage.....................what a fiasco!!! Anybody else been through this nightmare? - hopefully what we went through will fade into the 'dim and distant' once we're in Discovery's Lounge - Take note though Azamara and your agents - you're hurting the very demographic you depend upon!.......................

Sorry you had such a terrible experience. On our previous cruises, I've downloaded and printed my own documents. Being new to cruising two years ago, I was a little confused at the very beginning but figured out my first ACC cruise well...had no problem ordering luggage tags, etc.

I do hope your cruise is a much better experience for you.

I must admit I have not printed these documents for a few cruises, I just save the document on my iPad. I've not ever needed them though during the cruise or before (if I have flights I keep the locator separately anyway).

Hope to meet you soon - we are from the not retired group

We're looking forward to our fourth trip on Quest. 5th July 2014 from Venice.......obviously small fry compared with those lucky folk who seem to spend the vast majority of their retirement years cruising................that surely has to have its drawbacks? We have booked through agents each time with varying processes - our most negative experience is our current one with an agent who expects us to 'download' and print any major documents! - not an easy task even for a retired IT professional - God knows how those with little IT experience or indeed those without the necessary hardware. We've just spent many hours trying to download and print the Guest document with, as it seems, all essential information. No amount of fiddling with different versions of Adobe Reader has resulted in what we need! An increasing frustration - We will be changing next time to those agents who appreciate what we go through in the name of saving them money and postage.....................what a fiasco!!! Anybody else been through this nightmare? - hopefully what we went through will fade into the 'dim and distant' once we're in Discovery's Lounge - Take note though Azamara and your agents - you're hurting the very demographic you depend upon!.......................

Sorry to hear of your issues - you really don't need the documentation - just the SetSail pass. Our agent did admittedly print off the GTB and send it to us in the post though.

Have you been able to order your bag tags?

Please come and join the Roll Call - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1912571

and see you on board!

We are on our first time Azamara cruise in August. The online check in process was similar to RCCL and Celebrity. It was a little tricky at the end trying to figure out how to print the documents and Express Pass, but it was doable. I am now trying to figure out how to get the luggage tags.

We are on our first time Azamara cruise in August. The online check in process was similar to RCCL and Celebrity. It was a little tricky at the end trying to figure out how to print the documents and Express Pass, but it was doable. I am now trying to figure out how to get the luggage tags.

There will be a button that will appear about 8 weeks out below your checkin summary, click that and you should get luggage tags pretty soon after. Looking at your sail date I'd check back next week to see if the order luggage tags button is showing up, you are just a little early just now

We keep getting emails from our TA which have been forwarded from Azamara to say we need to complete our advanced passenger info online. The only thing missing is country where passport was issued and the issue date, neither of which can be filled in online.

We thought this was all sorted weeks ago but we are still getting these emails.

We ordered our luggage labels (for this weekend) at the end of May, had confirmation they would be delivered, received nothing, tried again last week and got a message saying it was too late :rolleyes:

Not a big deal but not good service either.

We keep getting emails from our TA which have been forwarded from Azamara to say we need to complete our advanced passenger info online. The only thing missing is country where passport was issued and the issue date, neither of which can be filled in online.

We thought this was all sorted weeks ago but we are still getting these emails.

Hi

could it be for the airline? Mixed messages.

Yvonne

If/when you find you are stuck not finding something on our website, give our Customer Service agents a call. You'll find the phone numbers on the Contact Us page: http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/contact-us

Bonnie...sadly that won't work for those of us who book through a travel agent. ACC always tells us to call the TA, even though they have made money off of us. :rolleyes:

Bonnie...sadly that won't work for those of us who book through a travel agent. ACC always tells us to call the TA, even though they have made money off of us. :rolleyes:

Hi midwestchick,

In the past Travel Agents more than frowned on a cruise line having direct contact with their customers. Good agents work hard for their clients and don't want any interference with their relationship they've developed with their long-term clients.

Suppliers (aka Cruise Lines) default position was to refer a booked customer back to their TA. But times have changed and I am perhaps dating myself. There is now social media and much more two-way conversation (case in point, I am talking directly with you).

Long story short, our North America call center will assist guests with your online check in (except acknowledging the ticket contact), as well as requests for luggage tags, and how to book Land Discoveries, if you are having trouble with our website.

This is regardless of whether booked thru a TA or Direct.

The international offices may have different procedures, but they are just as interested in being of assistance where possible. Anyone having trouble with check-in/bag tags/etc. in another country should call their TA, or their local ACC office, or write for help on CC! I see there are plenty of online experts from all countries ;)

The webpage "Contact Us" that I posted lists the various international offices.

I hope this helps.

Bonnie

For some reason the button to order luggage tags didn't appear until our edocs were issued...two weeks before our cruise, although we had printed our express passes months before! We did get them very promptly. We didn't really need them, but it's the closest I can get to the "document dance" these days! Now, one week til we fly out, can't wait to be back on Azamara!

There will be a button that will appear about 8 weeks out below your checkin summary, click that and you should get luggage tags pretty soon after. Looking at your sail date I'd check back next week to see if the order luggage tags button is showing up, you are just a little early just now

Hi

Jen here from Newcastle. We sail on Quest at the end of July and although I have completed on line check in and printed out the xpress pass I cant find this elusive button? There is, as part of the xpress print out a very 'home made affair' of a luggage tag, which is better than nothing but Im concerned we dont have any documentation relating to our transfers. Maybe I dont need to be!

Hi

Jen here from Newcastle. We sail on Quest at the end of July and although I have completed on line check in and printed out the xpress pass I cant find this elusive button? There is, as part of the xpress print out a very 'home made affair' of a luggage tag, which is better than nothing but Im concerned we dont have any documentation relating to our transfers. Maybe I dont need to be!

I wouldn't worry too much about the elusive luggage tag button. Before my last cruise on Quest, I attempted four times to order luggage labels and I never got them. I printed off the on line labels, laminated them and stapled them around the case handles. They were still intact on arrival in Miami.

Included in the on line documentation you print off, there should be a page of coupons for the hotel, if one is included and also airport transfers. Sometimes they ask for the coupons, other times they don't bother.

I have checked in online. No tags available yet. Each time I call, I get a different response. It seems out of line that a "luxury" line cannot provide tags. It is not that important. Just gives guests an uneasy feeling. This never happened on previous cruises. Why now?

I have checked in online. No tags available yet. Each time I call, I get a different response. It seems out of line that a "luxury" line cannot provide tags. It is not that important. Just gives guests an uneasy feeling. This never happened on previous cruises. Why now?

Contacted my TA yesterday and had an immediate response. TA contacted Azamara and hey presto! Buttons for guest documentation booklet and luggage tags both there.

Luggage tags still diy but can cope with that!