How to tell which ports are tender ports?

Bethany Beach

I am starting to research the possibility of taking the June 2, 2015, Royal Princess British Isles cruise. We would mostly be arranging private tours. I just realized that on the itinerary it never mentions any port being a tender port. I know that on cruises with other cruise lines the ports that are tender always have a note to that on the itinerary. It has been rare for us to take a cruise that doesn't have at least one tender port so I find it hard to believe that this cruise won't have any particularly since the Royal (for us) is a larger ship. I also realize that sometimes a ship might tender even if it isn't posted as such but I'm looking for ports that would always be tender ports.

Guernsey, Cobh, Dublin, Liverpool, Belfast, Greenock, Invergordon, South Queensferry (Edinburgh) , Le Havre.

Of course, even though I have looked at the itinerary many times, I might be overlooking the obvious note somewhere :o

Click on itinerary and then click on each port. Tender ports will have this note like this:

Note: St. Peter Port is an anchorage port. Passengers transfer to shore by ship's tender.

Other ports will have a note like this:

Note: Your ship will dock in Cobh which is about 15 miles from Cork.

• 9 years later...

This is a very old thread, and it appears that the information is out of date and no longer applicable.  Is there a way in 2024 where one can view each port on my itinerary to determine if any are tender ports?

Thank you in advance.

1 hour ago, Daniel A said:

This is a very old thread, and it appears that the information is out of date and no longer applicable.  Is there a way in 2024 where one can view each port on my itinerary to determine if any are tender ports?

Thank you in advance.

If it’s required it will show on the listed itinerary. View the itinerary for this cruise as an example 

https://www.princess.com/cruise-search/details/?voyageCode=2606

Edited by t&atravel
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, t&atravel said:

If it’s required it will show on the listed itinerary. View the itinerary for this cruise as an example 

https://www.princess.com/cruise-search/details/?voyageCode=2606

Thank you.  I have no notations like what you showed me, so I guess I have no tender ports on my sailing.  Thanks again.

2 hours ago, Daniel A said:

Thank you in advance.

Same as above.

It will list "water shuttle" or "tender" on itinerary...

If no ports have that listed by them, then you don't have any tender/water shuttle ports.. 

• Like 1

There are always exceptions to what Princess puts on the website. Example - Mykonos there is only one dock Princess will say they are docking at but there is only one dock on the island and if its already occupied you end up at anchor. In that case you need to either check the port schedule directly or wait to see the patter once you board.

Same can also happen in Juneau if all the docks are occupied

Edited by fpsphil
  • Like 1