Boarding documents/cruise personalizer question

SilverEyes

Quick question: in the cruise personalizer under the boarding pass and docs area, there is a .pdf called passenger immigration form and it says it's required, and to either fill it out in the personalizer or fax it to Princess. Is this the same as the guest information form on the passenger check-in tab? I only question it because they are labeled/called different things, but look to have the same information to fill in.

Also, is the passenger health form required? Any other information anyone has on all the required forms would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Yes and no.

Yes, the information form online is the same as the .pdf; you do not have to print out and mail the form if you fill it in online.

No, the passenger health form is not required UNLESS you have a condition which requires special handling or services onboard.

They want your passport information in the immigration section.

Passport number, issue date, expiration etc.

Yes and no.

Yes, the information form online is the same as the .pdf; you do not have to print out and mail the form if you fill it in online.

No, the passenger health form is not required UNLESS you have a condition which requires special handling or services onboard.

Agree with both......usually fill everything out & online if possible, but need to read each type of doc.

Quick question: in the cruise personalizer under the boarding pass and docs area, there is a .pdf called passenger immigration form and it says it's required, and to either fill it out in the personalizer or fax it to Princess. Is this the same as the guest information form on the passenger check-in tab? I only question it because they are labeled/called different things, but look to have the same information to fill in.

Also, is the passenger health form required? Any other information anyone has on all the required forms would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Fill out the Passenger Immigration form online. You will get a passenger health form when you check in at the dock. Fill it out and take it with you when you check in.

They want your passport information in the immigration section.

Passport number, issue date, expiration etc.

Going with a group on a three day closed loop cruise out of LA.

Will Princess allow BC and DL instead of a passport?

Agree with both......usually fill everything out & online if possible, but need to read each type of doc.

We do the same ... just fill out everything possible on line. Then print our boarding pass and luggage tags.

LuLu

Going with a group on a three day closed loop cruise out of LA.

Will Princess allow BC and DL instead of a passport?

I called yesterday to inquire if I really needed to buy my 5 year old nephew a passport for a 4 day coastal, and she told me his BC would be plenty. I plan to check at least two more times, just to make sure I don't get conflicting answers.

I called yesterday to inquire if I really needed to buy my 5 year old nephew a passport for a 4 day coastal, and she told me his BC would be plenty. I plan to check at least two more times, just to make sure I don't get conflicting answers.

For the US a BC and ID (for those over 16) is acceptable for a closed loop cruise. Friend's have sailed on the 3&4 day Carnival cruises out of Long Beach with those with no problem. But Princess could have it's own requirement.

And if it's acceptable how is it done for online checkin? I've only seen a place online for a passport, not BC.

Edited by SadieN

I think you need a passport for a 5 year old. Also, you may need a notarized letter from his parents authorizing you to take him out of the country. You could be denied boarding if you do not have this.

On the Princess website under "Travel Document Requirements" it states clearly that if only one adult 21 or older is traveling with a minor, ALL passengers must have a passport. So unless there are two adults traveling with the minor, you will all have to have passports. Otherwise, a certified (notarized, not a hospital) birth certificate is acceptable for the minor.

You will need a notarized permission from the child's parents and you should also get permission to make medical decisions. Anything can and does happen, even on a 4-day cruise.

Age isn't really significant when talking passports. My grandchildren all had them before they turned a year old. If you plan to travel often, including to Mexico or Canada, it's a good idea to get one. Your nephew's parents might want to investigate.

• 2 months later...

I am currently booked on the Royal Princess in September 2015 and have a question about the Personal Information part of the Cruise Personalizer\Guest Check-In\Guest information, I ran into a required field that wants a Return Airport and only states ”In case of an emergency, where should you be flown to?”. I completed 8 cruises between April 2013 and July 2014; and am booked on three more between October 2014 and September 2015. All except for the Royal Princess cruise are/were on Whale Tails or Crowned Anchors. The Royal Princess check-in is the only time I have been asked for a Return Airport. This will be my second time on Princess, the other being The Grand Princess in January 2007, and I am not familiar with that they are actually asking for and can find nothing about it in their FAQ’s. I am driving to Port Everglades and I can only think of three things that would require them to fly me back; those being, a problem like Carnival had when the Dream broke down at St Maarten in 2013, them sending me back in a bag or badly hurt, and then I would not be going the same airport in all three of those cases. The Princess cruise is also the first one I have booked with a TA in years, and may be the last for a while. My TA told me to just put our local airport name in there and go on; but that would not work for any of the reasons I thought of. Can anyone tell me what Princess actually wants in that field?

• 6 months later...

I am going on a cruise May 3rd. I was filling out the guest check-in, I did it for myself but my boyfriend had a fit saying that the cruise does not need all this info. He does not want to give a credit card or in passport info. I am pulling my hair , can you tell me why they need all this information. We are sailing on Princess Ruby

Thanks

Sarah

I am going on a cruise May 3rd. I was filling out the guest check-in, I did it for myself but my boyfriend had a fit saying that the cruise does not need all this info. He does not want to give a credit card or in passport info. I am pulling my hair , can you tell me why they need all this information. We are sailing on Princess Ruby

Thanks

Sarah

Well he won't be sailing if he does not share, no way around it as far as the passport. Its for national security!!

Thanks

Sarah

Passport, as Colo Cruiser said, is for the Department of Homeland Security.... it's required information. Credit card information is for your onboard spending. If he doesn't give this information, you won't be able to print your boarding passes, luggage tags and quite possibly will be denied boarding.

Thanks

Sarah

Your boyfriend is incorrect. Passport information is required by Department of Homeland Security, and you will not be able to print your boarding pass unless you supply this information. Remember, you are leaving the U.S. and Homeland security is required to check who leaves and who returns. Princess must provide a passenger manifest to Homeland 60 mins. before departure. Tell your boyfriend this is the way it is for international travel.

Regarding the Credit Card you have the option of filling this field in, then print your boarding pass, then remove the CC information. However, if you don't supply a credit card to Princess then you will be required to make a cash deposit on the ship, no checks.

Is the Passenger Immigration form required? I didn't see it until just now, and I sail on Saturday. My Personalizer said everything was complete, but now I'm worried about this form. Is it something I can fill out and bring with me to boarding? Should I fax it in?

Edited by Saffir

Is the Passenger Immigration form required? I didn't see it until just now, and I sail on Saturday. My Personalizer said everything was complete, but now I'm worried about this form. Is it something I can fill out and bring with me to boarding? Should I fax it in?

No as long as you completed everything else on the personalizer its not needed.