Flowers for Concierge Class

Blue Lagoon

I was browsing through the amenities given to the Concierge Class and thought at one point flowers were included.

Couldn't find anything about flowers on the list supplied by 'On board Experience' that is on the Celebrity website.

Anyone have any recent information?

Thanks.

I wish I knew the name, but it is as stated--just a few stems.

I don't know where you are cruising from, but on our last two TAs leaving from Florida, I just bought a beautiful bouquet at Publix the day before for $12.99 and carried them on. Our steward brought a large vase, and both times they lasted until day 14. Made me happy!!!

I wish I knew the name, but it is as stated--just a few stems.

I don't know where you are cruising from, but on our last two TAs leaving from Florida, I just bought a beautiful bouquet at Publix the day before for $12.99 and carried them on. Our steward brought a large vase, and both times they lasted until day 14. Made me happy!!!

Alstroemeria psittacina. I'm also a horticulturist ;-)

http://www.photo-dictionary.com/phrase/3269/alstroemeria.html#b

I use them at home a lot too, as they do last the longest of any cut fresh flower I know.

Edited by cle-guy

Wow...you folks must just have some bad karma. We have always had nice flowers (a stem or two) provided in our concierge and aqua cabins, most recently in Feb/Mar of this year. No idea why you aren't getting them as well.

Wow...you folks must just have some bad karma. We have always had nice flowers (a stem or two) provided in our concierge and aqua cabins, most recently in Feb/Mar of this year. No idea why you aren't getting them as well.

Wonder if it depends on the ship and the cost/availability of flowers at the time of the year.....or if we won't see any flowers on our upcoming concierge and AQ bookings.....

Wonder if it depends on the ship and the cost/availability of flowers at the time of the year.....or if we won't see any flowers on our upcoming concierge and AQ bookings.....

There were some service changes definitely noted early in March, such as sea day brunch in MDR going away, so perhaps the loss of flowers came with that service change.

I was browsing through the amenities given to the Concierge Class and thought at one point flowers were included.

Couldn't find anything about flowers on the list supplied by 'On board Experience' that is on the Celebrity website.

Anyone have any recent information?

Thanks.

Yes, you will have flowers in Concierge Class. A rose in the bathroom, and several flowers in a multi faceted vase in the cabin itself. Also, if you are Captain's Club members, you will receive a rose part way through the cruise. This was still the case in April of this year and has always been in every Concierge cabin I have ever stayed in.

They are all a nice addition to the cabin. :)

Edited by gimletgal

I was looking at the X site and reviewing amenities, and now only Suites indicate fresh flowers as an amenity - no mention in Aqua or Concierge.

I guess people still getting flowers in lesser than suite categories are dependent on individual ship and sailing, and no longer are they entitled amenities.

I'm Elite and sailed in Aqua on Summit May 25, as I noted earlier, and didn't get any flowers, no rose from Captain's Club, no nothing. I thought it as strange assuming Aqua being spa-inspired would want to pit a bit of "nature" in the cabin.

I have received a single rose in cabin in the past, most recent on Eclipse in April/May TA with a note from Captain's Club host (I was in a suite that trip, so assumed it was a "suite thing", and as well got a vase of 12 rose tips on the coffee table, AND they even replaced the "walk on" rose mid cruise when it faded, which I thought was a nice touch), but didn't get that this time on Summit.

We received a beautiful red rose a few days into the cruise on our 6/2/14 Constellation sailing with a few of the white flowers (that last a long time) with them so it was a pretty arrangement. We were in Concierge and the rose lasted almost the entire 12 night cruise (well really lasted about 10 days as we did not receive it until about day 3). I like this nice touch in Concierge and hope they don't do away with it.

Wonder if flowers come with 8 day and longer cruises, and not with 7 day and shorter(as was my summit saddling...)?

We were in Aqua Class and are Captain's Club members, I asked about the flowers and was told it was no longer a perk. We were on the Silhouette for the May 16 cruise. This is the 1st cruise on Celebrity without any flowers, I did miss them :(

Just to be safe, I'd bring my own toilet paper....one never knows what they will cut next.....

BTW...a review of the celebrity web site shows that only sky suites get fresh flowers...not all suites.

Edited by ghstudio

You may get a stem or two in a bud vase, but it is never a large bouquet of flowers.

That was true of my only experience in Concierge Class on first Summit cruise. I think people hear "Flowers" and immediately think they will be some large bouquet. Ours were in a small bud case tucked away on the side of the desk.

Just back from a 14 day med cruise on the Equinox. No flowers in concierge class cabin. We had a few stems in aqua class on the Summit in January. Since they aren't much to begin with I didn't ask about getting them.

In my first experience in a sky suite, there were no flowers in the room upon arrival. I asked the Butler about them and he said oh no, flowers are only for royal suites and above. I had printed out the list of sky suite amenities and showed him that flowers were in fact included. Of course I imagined a large bouquet of flowers as I'm sure many people would. I was a bit dismayed to get five little connected bud vases with one stem in each. As mentioned previously, I now bring my own nice large and inexpensive bouquet on board and enjoy them very much every time I walk into my cabin! Since I no longer choose to sale in CC or aqua I provide my own perk and at a great price!

Wonder if flowers come with 8 day and longer cruises, and not with 7 day and shorter(as was my summit saddling...)?

Have had flowers on 5 night, 7 night and 14 night cruises in Concierge Class. Has absolutely nothing to do with the length of the cruise.

Thanks everyone for the info.

I will have to purchase flowers and bring them on. Have done this before in other ports. I love flowers in a room and as I don't travel with cats who always seem to destroy any bouquets of mine, this makes the vacation even more special. Will come onboard, eat and then scurry out to find a vendor in Vancouver. There are kiosks downtown near the financial section (less than 10 minute walk), so this should work.

Mmm... should bring my own vase as well as with my luck, they will be in short supply on board. I have my own doily for the coffee table so that is already taken care of. :p