Topless at Great Stirrup Cay?

yoboy08753

No ... don't think the cruise lines would ever do that on their private islands either ... ;)

But the thought of it ... mothers covering children's eyes ... while fathers *checked out* the situation ... made me *chuckle* ... :p

No ... don't think the cruise lines would ever do that on their private islands either ... ;)

But the thought of it ... mothers covering children's eyes ... while fathers *checked out* the situation ... made me *chuckle* ... :p

Since our kids are now of age (or almost so in the case of the youngest) DW would have both hands free to use on me if I did not keep my eyes firmly fixed on the horizon.

Since our kids are now of age (or almost so in the case of the youngest) DW would have both hands free to use on me if I did not keep my eyes firmly fixed on the horizon.

ROTFL ... too funny :)

I did read on these boards but cannot find it again, that now if you get off the tender and walk to the far left side of the island there was an area for adult only

I'm not familiar with an adult-only beach ... as just about all areas are open to everyone ... including the beach in front of the private cabanas. However, access to inside the cabanas is limited to only those who rented them ;)

http://www.ncl.com/freestyle-cruise/great-stirrup-cay

BTW ... Costa's Catalina Island in the Dominican Republic does allow you to be *topless* ... due to it being an Italian cruise line with many *international* guests :p

Just back from Gem cruise and made stop at private island. Did not see adult only area. Had small cabana #23(last on the end) and the only thing beyond that is a lagoon with loungers and a lot of family's made it down that way.

Just back from Gem cruise and made stop at private island. Did not see adult only area. Had small cabana #23(last on the end) and the only thing beyond that is a lagoon with loungers and a lot of family's made it down that way.

Ahhh ok :( thanks for that info because the scuttlebutt had it that lagoon area is where it was

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seriously doubt the cruise ship private islands will allow it any time soon or ever.

Too many people have a big problem their children might possibly see a topless woman.

As long as I can wear my bathing suit top, I don't care if others do or not.

LuLu

I thanks for all the input. But was asking if anyone has actually seen it or not. Not why they wouldn't or would have one. After all there used to be freestyle sun decks too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seriously doubt the cruise ship private islands will allow it any time soon or ever.

Too many people have a big problem their children might possibly see a topless woman.

LuLu

Yep better the child stay in the cabin and play "KILL" video games , than have to look at the big bad boobies *LOL*

Yep better the child stay in the cabin and play "KILL" video games , than have to look at the big bad boobies *LOL*

Ha! That was my thinking. The kids can sit glued to the disturbing Grand Theft Auto or so many others, and that's okay, but God forbid they see a boob and be ruined for life.

Even after reading a bit about the lagoon area ... just wondering ... what your impressions are ...

* How far of a walk from tender?

* Any food/drinks ... restrooms ... nearby?

* Is it quieter with less crowds and plenty of available loungers?

* Is there any shade via trees/umbrellas/clam shells?

* How is beach water compared to lagoon? Less rough ... clean, clear, etc...?

* Is it a good alternative if cabanas are sold out?

Edited by chiapet

It has been 3 years since we were there last, during alot of construction. Wondering if since all the construction if there are any adult only areas now for topless sunbathing?

nope, family friendly does not mean expose your body to the world. Wait til you get to St Maarten or try a nudist colony.

LuLu

sorry disagree: you and maybe me might not care, but going topless or nude is not the American way, a good % of NCL cruisers doing the private island are American and we need to understand public nudity is not the mainstream America.

Even after reading a bit about the lagoon area ... just wondering ... what your impressions are ...

* How far of a walk from tender?

* Any food/drinks ... restrooms ... nearby?

* Is it quieter with less crowds and plenty of available loungers?

* Is there any shade via trees/umbrellas/clam shells?

* How is beach water compared to lagoon? Less rough ... clean, clear, etc...?

* Is it a good alternative if cabanas are sold out?

It's probably a 15-20 minute walk but you can ride the tram. Restrooms, yes, but unless you are visiting when the Breakaway is there the food is back at the main beach. There is a bar near the cabanas. We didn't see a lot of people, maybe 30-40 and it looked like there were enough loungers. There are trees and the pavillion for the deli with picnic tables to sit at. The lagoon water is much smoother and warmer than the ocean. It's a nice place to get away from the crowds.

sorry disagree: you and maybe me might not care, but going topless or nude is not the American way, a good % of NCL cruisers doing the private island are American and we need to understand public nudity is not the mainstream America.

Maybe for some older Americans.......but not the younger ones. Most of the rest of the world could care less if a woman is topless or not. Not here, were a country of prudes

Maybe for some older Americans.......but not the younger ones. Most of the rest of the world could care less if a woman is topless or not. Not here, were a country of prudes

Yeah we are a country of prudes that spends 1.5 billion dollars a year on the "adult" industry (videos, websites,toys and "paraphenalia", etc) TV shows push the envelope more and more and still get high ratings . Announce this second that there is a sex video of some hot young start and the computer will actually start smoking from all the hits it will get.

But God forbid a women is laying on a deck getting a tan with her top off.

Yeah we are a country of prudes that spends 1.5 billion dollars a year on the "adult" industry (videos, websites,toys and "paraphenalia", etc) TV shows push the envelope more and more and still get high ratings . Announce this second that there is a sex video of some hot young start and the computer will actually start smoking from all the hits it will get.

But God forbid a women is laying on a deck getting a tan with her top off.

Can I hear a Halalue:D