Lounging on the balcony

Pet

Been looking at some recently posted photographs which show the balconies on the Celebrity suites on the Constellation. Although they appear to be all the same size irrespective of deck, some have a table and 4 chairs, others 2 reclining chairs and a table and another has a lounger and two chairs/table. I assume this has something to do with the number of guests staying in the suite. So my question is would the two of us be able to ask for the lounger and 2 reclining chairs/table configuration if not already provided?;)

Many thanks

Having had a Celebrity suite on Infinity, I'd say you would really be pushing space to have more than just 2 recliner chairs and a table. Although they are semi-circular in shape (to mirror the curved window) they are quite narrow.

Enough space to sit out and enjoy a drink, but we wouldn't have attempted to put a lounger out there!

Been looking at some recently posted photographs which show the balconies on the Celebrity suites on the Constellation. Although they appear to be all the same size irrespective of deck, some have a table and 4 chairs, others 2 reclining chairs and a table and another has a lounger and two chairs/table. I assume this has something to do with the number of guests staying in the suite. So my question is would the two of us be able to ask for the lounger and 2 reclining chairs/table configuration if not already provided?;)

Many thanks

You can ask, but some balconies are larger than others and if you have a suite or an aft balcony they can be quite a bit larger. So it really depends on the ship and the cabin. Check your deck plan and choose your cabin wisely if this is what you want. Then ask the steward once on board.:D

You can ask, but some balconies are larger than others and if you have a suite or an aft balcony they can be quite a bit larger. So it really depends on the ship and the cabin. Check your deck plan and choose your cabin wisely if this is what you want. Then ask the steward once on board.:D

We had a sky suite on the Connie in October, which is basically double wide of a regular verandah as is the cabin. You don't really have the depth to get around a table and chairs and loungers. In January, on the same ship, we had an aft facing concierge verandah and had tons more space. It came with a table, 4 chairs and 2 loungers with plenty of space left over. If outdoor space is your motivator, I would recommend these cabins for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

All the Celebrity suites on M class have the same size balcony, which is the stateroom that the OP was asking about.

They are definitely too narrow for any loungers - in fact 2 out there, side ways on, would probably almost fill the balcony,lol

Edited by Lovemychoos

This Pic of Solstice Cabins on the Hump will give you a good idea of the different balcony sizes and what can be put on them. With the Concierge Class cabins they come standard with two footstools (that can be use for sitting on. I am hoping that with the 1A cabin we have in December (for 4) we can arrange to get the extra seats/stools.

ry%3D480

We had 2 reclining chairs and footrests and one table with 2 people in the suite.

I was fine using a footrest with the chair reclined all the way back, so did not need a lounger and never asked for one. The chair + footrest combo was actually quite comfortable for napping when padded with a couple of blankets and a pillow.

But if you really want a lounger without crowding and will not have more than 2 people out there, a nice compromise could be to replace one chair and footrest with a lounger.

A lounger should fit nicely in place of the chair shown in the photo in post #6.

You can also lie on the couch in that great living room and have a nice view looking out through the panoramic windows.

Edited by fleckle

We had 2 reclining chairs and footrests and one table with 2 people in the suite.

I was fine using a footrest with the chair reclined all the way back, so did not need a lounger and never asked for one. The chair + footrest combo was actually quite comfortable for napping when padded with a couple of blankets and a pillow.

But if you really want a lounger without crowding and will not have more than 2 people out there, a nice compromise could be to replace one chair and footrest with a lounger.

A lounger should fit nicely in place of the chair shown in the photo in post #6.

You can also lie on the couch in that great living room and have a nice view looking out through the panoramic windows.

On colder itineraries, that is what I do plenty of.:D

This Pic of Solstice Cabins on the Hump will give you a good idea of the different balcony sizes and what can be put on them. With the Concierge Class cabins they come standard with two footstools (that can be use for sitting on. I am hoping that with the 1A cabin we have in December (for 4) we can arrange to get the extra seats/stools.

ry%3D480

If you have 4 in a 1A they might find you some extra chairs but the foot stools are a perk of CC and above. You won't get them in a 1A, I'm speaking from experience

We had a Sky Suite (attached to penthouse) on Summit (6145) a few years ago. There was a large table with 2 upright dining chairs on the gigantic balcony. We requested 2 loungers or two reclining chairs with footrests and were told these were not permitted due to fire hazard. After 5 days of back and forth as to why the aqua room next to us at 1/3 of the size balcony as ours DID have reclining chairs and footrests but we could not, the head of housekeeping, got us what we wanted. Said we were right and they were very wrong. By then it was too late. We were also given a $500 credit toward a future cruise which we used Reflection last year and had a lovely S2 aft suite with two RECLINING CHAIRS WITH FOOTRESTS! The moral of the story...it's a crapshoot as to what you get!!

I am glad you got your loungers and that Celebrity made an exception for you but I would not have posted it on Cruise Critic. Can you imagine how many people are now going to be badgering their room stewards, housekeeping and Guest Relations demanding recliners and footstool because other people have got them after complaining:confused:

IT'S TRUE about the M class PH adjoining sky suites being a fire exit. You can walk right onto the penthouse veranda without any alarm or tools air anything, just open the gate. Had someone pop on to mine on Connie, and talked to a cruiser on my March Summit sailing in the PH who was laying in bed and looked out and saw someone on his veranda wandering around!

IT'S TRUE about the M class PH adjoining sky suites being a fire exit. You can walk right onto the penthouse veranda without any alarm or tools air anything, just open the gate. Had someone pop on to mine on Connie, and talked to a cruiser on my March Summit sailing in the PH who was laying in bed and looked out and saw someone on his veranda wandering around!

That could be very interesting/embarrassing. :o

I am glad you got your loungers and that Celebrity made an exception for you but I would not have posted it on Cruise Critic. Can you imagine how many people are now going to be badgering their room stewards, housekeeping and Guest Relations demanding recliners and footstool because other people have got them after complaining:confused:

It was clear to me that this was not an exception, but an error on their part. When head of housekeeping arrived she said they were wrong. No reason why we should not have reclining chairs with footrests on out balcony like every other suite and AQ cabin. So, not sure what you are talking about??

It was clear to me that this was not an exception, but an error on their part. When head of housekeeping arrived she said they were wrong. No reason why we should not have reclining chairs with footrests on out balcony like every other suite and AQ cabin. So, not sure what you are talking about??

Conversely, why if this suite were to have these items like every other suite, were they simply not already there.

More than likely the staff had to tow the line, and the Supervisor made a decision to override the policy, and probably had to have the items removed after your sailing.

It is in fact a fire exit lane, leading to the PH veranda and the escape stairs that are built into the corner of both penthouses (you can see an odd square on the PH veranda deck plan - it's the escape stairs).

If I were to guess, I think a full lounger may have been the hazard, but not the standard reclining chair with foot rest. We were told it was a fire hazard due to the fact that the full lounger had a cloth cover/cushion on it. This made no sense bc there are many of these loungers by the pool. None of it really ever made sense. We got different answers as to why we could not have loungers by the minute. The matching suite across the hall, 6145 DID have full loungers WITH cushions, so that made this all the more bizzare. If there is a reason why loungers or chairws with footstools are not permitted in this particular cabin is should be fully disclosed, which is was/is not. I balcony was gigantic and looked quite odd with two dining chairs and a table in the corner. I could have had 50 people for Zumba in the remaining space. LOL

We once sailed with friends on the Summit and we had side-by-side aft CC cabins with huge balconies. Ours had a table, four chairs and two loungers. Theirs had a table and two chairs, no loungers. They asked for additional chairs and loungers and were orginally told no. It took the head of housekeeping to advise that the cabin should have them, but they were removed on one of the prior cruises to accommodate a kiddie pool the guests had brought on board. They turned out to be on the balcony of one of the Family aft balcony cabins, and were returned to their correct place by the room staff. It never hurts to ask.

I suppose it is always a question of asking in a polite way if you can have the chairs, or loungers or whatever. If the answer is no, then move on. If yes, then well done:D

This is absolutely genius. Once you're told "no", accept it and move on.

I know a flight attendant who once had a high tier elite who was in first class ask to take the opened bottle of champagne home with him for his wife for their anniversary. the FA complied as a gesture of goodwill (against company policy however). The FA lost their job.

Why/how? Because the Elite customer was so happy that the FA went above and beyond in their duties to provide great service to him, he wrote a letter to the company to thank them and have them properly commend the employee.

The commendation the employee received was termination for inappropriate handling of alcohol and company assets.

So be careful when you continue to beg an employee to go against company policy, you never know how bad the result will be for that employee.

Edited by cle-guy