I know this is a stupid question, but...

runnergirl71

Yes, there is a kid's dinner menu and yes, adults most usually would be welcome to order from it. :)

I believe RuthC has mentioned she ordered something from the kid's menu.

If I remember correctly, I think they may offer mac and cheese, French fries, chicken fingers and hot

dog among other things.

Someone please correct me if I am mistaken.

Edited by sail7seas

No, you're right, sail. There's also fish sticks, PB&J, chicken noodle soup; I think there are hamburgers, too, but won't swear to it.

And yes, you are also right that I've ordered from it. On 35-day cruises sometimes you get sick of eating a big meal every night. I can personally recommend the fingers & fries. :D

But be aware that the galley is not anticipating your order, so it takes longer to be served. Or, you can try ordering the night before, if you think that's what you're going to want.

No, you're right, sail. There's also fish sticks, PB&J, chicken noodle soup; I think there are hamburgers, too, but won't swear to it.

And yes, you are also right that I've ordered from it. On 35-day cruises sometimes you get sick of eating a big meal every night. I can personally recommend the fingers & fries. :D

But be aware that the galley is not anticipating your order, so it takes longer to be served. Or, you can try ordering the night before, if you think that's what you're going to want.

Sounds good to me. :)

I'm happy I didn't misspeak about having a memory you had mentioned ordering from that menu. On a long cruise, I can fully see why it might appeal.

Does HAL have a "kids menu" in the main dining room?

And in the I'm guessing unlikely event that they do, can adults order from it?

You can see from the responses that it was not a stupid question. You asked a very good question. There are probably a lot of people who wondered but were afraid to ask. I read the responses out of curiosity and I learned a few things. Thank you for having the courage to ask the question.

You can see from the responses that it was not a stupid question. You asked a very good question. There are probably a lot of people who wondered but were afraid to ask. I read the responses out of curiosity and I learned a few things. Thank you for having the courage to ask the question.

Aww, thanks! And you're welcome! I may not order anything from it, or I might. I like knowing that there is a "simpler food" option there.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Also spaghetti. Maybe with meatballs or meat sauce... not sure.

Grand daughter (11 years old at the time) ordered off the children's menu twice on Volendam; then on the third night she saw that it was the same again. She asked if she could order off the regular menu and I said, "Yes, of course.... let's see what you might enjoy... oh they have lasagna tonight!" She replied with, "I'll have the ling cod!!" Maybe she liked the sound of it. :)

Agree about getting tired of big meals on long cruises so sometimes I just have an appetizer as my entrée with some veggies added to the plate. Also know that you can request portion sizes so I usually ask for a small or half portion on some dishes and have never had a problem except a bit of embarrassment when my husband asks for the 'NY' cut of prime rib and it almost does not fit on the plate!

This is a menu that was posted a couple of years ago by someone here:

Children’s Menu

Supper Duper Fresh Fruit - Should probably read Super Duper, but the menu says Supper Duper

C & C Crazy Dippers - Carrots and Celery with ranch

Dutch Fun Fair Frites

Junior Cucumber Bites

Cheesy Caesar

Grandma's Chicken Noodle Soup

Soup of the Day

3-2-1 Pasta

Home Run Sliders

Chicken Clucks - chicken strips

Gobble Gobble Wrap - Turkey wrap

Piece of Pizza

Very Yummy Veggie Dumplings

Capt'n's Favorite Fish

On our cruise in December/January, ds8 ordered from the kids menu just about every night. he also ordered from it on our cruise in July, 2012. On our first cruise, they generally didn't have a printed menu. On our second cruise, they reused the same menu each night even though it was a paper placemat - the kind that kids usually colour on.

This past cruise, if ds ordered pizza, it usually took a long time because they had to run down to the Lido to get it. It was not good pizza either.

The waiters always have to look for the children's menu as there never seems to be any around. I think one is shared in the upper dining room. :D

The menu never changes during your cruise. DD loves the dumplings and I wouldn't hesitate to order them too.

Even in the Pinnicle, it is the same menu for children. Our two order off either menu and if you ask, they will bring you a smaller portion of the main menu or a larger portion from the children's menu.

Children’s Menu

Supper Duper Fresh Fruit - Should probably read Super Duper, but the menu says Supper Duper

C & C Crazy Dippers - Carrots and Celery with ranch

Dutch Fun Fair Frites

Junior Cucumber Bites

Cheesy Caesar

Grandma's Chicken Noodle Soup

Soup of the Day

3-2-1 Pasta

Home Run Sliders

Chicken Clucks - chicken strips

Gobble Gobble Wrap - Turkey wrap

Piece of Pizza

Very Yummy Veggie Dumplings

Capt'n's Favorite Fish

C&C crazy dippers - DS ordered every night as his appatizer:

ry%3D400

DD favourite: veggies and dumplings:

ry%3D400

This about it from what my two have ordered from the children's menu. I think DS has had grilled cheese but not 100% on that one. He likes plain more than fancy and vegetables more than meat so the children's menu is up his alley.