Majesty Superior OV Obstructed

Did anyone stay in cabins 9542, 9054, 9560, 9060? I am already booked on deck 4, but after reading the reviews, it sounds like deck 9 cabins are larger and everyone recommends, even though they are obstructed. I can switch to one of those listed above, but just don't want to pay extra and end up with the fully obstructed cabin. Thanks in advance for the feedback.:cool:

None of the staterooms on deck 9 are fully obstructed. The lifeboats are mounted blow the stateroom windows, so they block the view downward, but you can see straight out.

Did anyone stay in cabins 9542, 9054, 9560, 9060? I am already booked on deck 4, but after reading the reviews, it sounds like deck 9 cabins are larger and everyone recommends, even though they are obstructed. I can switch to one of those listed above, but just don't want to pay extra and end up with the fully obstructed cabin. Thanks in advance for the feedback.:cool:

We have stayed on Deck 4, when we booked a weekender on Majesty very close to sailing and that was all that was available....it is significantly smaller, and you will see perfectly fine from a cabin on Deck 9......the ocean view you want will be there, even though the lifeboats are hanging below.

We love getting a SOV on Deck 9. We settle for Deck 8 if the price is not right for Deck 9, but move up or book Deck 9 whenever possible. Have had a variety of cabins on Deck 9 and never have had a bad one yet.

I also vote for the SO cabin. They're so much larger than the standard OV's and the extra space really does make a difference. The view isn't that obstructed.. the lifeboats hang just below the window.. but they don't obstruct your view straight out looking at the water.

Even the deck 9 "superior" cabins are pretty small....book the largest cabin you can afford!

That's true, but they are big enough for the short cruise.

Don't forget, that at some point there were the 'top of the line'.....but now comparing them to the 'WOW' cabins on some ships......well it just isn't fair.

Yeah, they aren't super wow cabins, but we find them perfectly adequate; bright, airy, had a fridge, ample storage capacity, lots of mirror and counter space. Really liked the aiming reading light. Enough square footage to move around which is much more than I can say for the lower category standard size OV cabins I saw. TV was dinky, meh. Bathroom fine. The way this site talked them down I was nervous but pleasantly relieved with the room in real life.

Sometimes there are great deals on those rooms; now I am turned on to watching them. As others have said, even when there is an obstruction it doesn't block a general view of sky and water, you just can't look straight down at the ocean. I'd take even an "obstructed" SOV over a lower deck unobstructed standard size room, especially when there is a quick sale and prices are equal.

Thank you all for quick replies. I will make a switch based on your comments to deck 9. The price difference is very small. Sounds like its worth it.:)

Definitely worth it, even more so if the price difference is small.

Thank you all for quick replies. I will make a switch based on your comments to deck 9. The price difference is very small. Sounds like its worth it.:)

Good choice!

Our first cruise was a Deck 4 OV and each subsequent one has been Deck 9 SOV or JS. I couldn't go back down from a SOV. So much more room and the view is great with little obstruction.