Breeze or Sunshine?

luvncruisn

Sunshine is closer to NC and there's good secure off port parking in Port Canaveral at 1/2 the cost of port parking and lots cheaper than Miami. DW and SIL have been on both. Most recently Sunshine and they liked it a lot. No Thalasso pool in the spa though, IIRC.

Going on the Sunshine in 50 days, and was on the Breeze last summer. With going over the amenities, space, food establishments, etc., I would go with the Breeze. Are you driving or flying, and does travel arrangements figure into the decision?

We will be flying, and I agree that Pt. Canaveral is the BEST port to sail from. However, it's an 8 day cruise and less than an hour to board. I'm trying to leave the debarkation port out of my decision, because that is no contest! :)

It's really the ship that would matter the most at this point. I'm going on the Breeze in Sept. so I may love it so much it will make this decision easier.

Everyone hated the Destiny, but I had several great trips on her. It does seem like they added too many cabins and not enough space to the Sunshine, but I'd love to hear from folks who have been on it for a first hand account. Would love to see that Serenity deck, but not if I have to arm wrestle my fellow passengers for a chair! :D :D

Which would you choose between the Breeze and the Sunshine? Same itinerary, same price. I haven't been on either ship yet, so I'm interested in feedback and opinions.

Thanks!

I went on the Breeze last summer and am booked on the Sunshine for next week. The Breeze was our favorite Carnival ship to date and really wanted to book it again for this one but the gf wanted something different. I'm excited for the Sunshine but not sure it can live up to our time on the Breeze. It was just a different level of Carnival for us.

They took a mediocre ship... the Destiny, and made it into an overcrowded but very pretty ship. By adding cabins and increasing the population, they made the most popular venues too crowded. For example, the Piano bar, and the main theatre are too small. Of course I was on the Sunshine for a New Year's cruise, so that may explain the crowded feel of the ship. Oh... I should add, the Serenety deck on the Sunshine doesn't begin to compare to the Breeze.

The Breeze on the other hand has the same esthetic feel... the popularity of the Breeze "toned down" color scheme made it the model for the Destiny... I mean "Sunshine".

The Breeze is now my favorite ship. It was purpose built to have has every upgrade Carnival has and all the venues show it. The Destiny is... well, still the Destiny with a few walls changed, a new paint job and Ferengie burgers.

Would I sail on the Destiny/Sunshine again? Yes, I would. I had a good time on the Destiny and on the Destiny/Sunshine. But it would have to have a compelling price and itinerary. If it was priced the same... if it was the same itinerary, then the Destiny/Sunshine would be my last choice of the Carnival fleet. That said, everything is rarely the same. A very good price is why I sailed on the Destiny in the first place.

Bob

Searching for Kokomo

You answered your own question…I hated the Destiny. The Sunshine (Destiny) is a crowded ship with its many issues. Your best pick would be the newest ship the Breeze. I been on all three and the Breeze is your best pick.

The Breeze has been our favorite ship to date...but we are booked on the Sunshine for Dec 6 and are looking forward to it. Especially that Serenity Deck AWAY from the slide and screaming :)

We were on the Breeze last year and we were on the Sunshine this year for the 11 day repositioning. The Breeze has been our favorite ship so far. We prefer the Dream class for the spa and other amenities. That being said, we also really enjoyed the Sunshine. We liked it much better than the Liberty. I never felt crowded anywhere. I will also say that the food on the Sunshine was the best that we have had on any ship. The MDR food was always very hot and very tasty. Our experience in the MDR on the Breeze was the worst of any of our cruises, but we still loved the ship. I'm a foodie so we really enjoyed the Sunshine. I would sail her again just to go back to Ji Ji's. So I would say that though we prefer the Breeze, I would not hesitate to book either ship. It just boils down to whether the spa is a factor. HTH

• 2 weeks later...

We just did back to back Breeze/Sunshine. We really like both ships. We had very low expectations for the Sunshine with the reviews I read. We were so pleasantly surprised. The buffet layout is great - much less crowded than the Breeze. Everything was very clean. The food was good on both ships. I wouldn't hesitate to book either one again. My husband gives a slight edge to the Breeze because it has a full basketball court for dodgeball and volleyball. My DD9 liked the Sunshine a little better because the waterpark is nicer. I think they felt so similar - I'd be happy on either!

Which would you choose between the Breeze and the Sunshine? Same itinerary, same price. I haven't been on either ship yet, so I'm interested in feedback and opinions.

Thanks!

I chose the Breeze for completely irrational reasons, lol. I could not get over the idea that the ship was re-built out of another ship. I know...odd, but that's just me. I am looking for to my 8 nite Southern on the Breeze because it definitely has more food options for those with dietary concerns and allergies. Carnival staff treated me so well, that I forgot the word Celebrity! :)

We just did back to back Breeze/Sunshine. We really like both ships. We had very low expectations for the Sunshine with the reviews I read. We were so pleasantly surprised. The buffet layout is great - much less crowded than the Breeze. Everything was very clean. The food was good on both ships. I wouldn't hesitate to book either one again. My husband gives a slight edge to the Breeze because it has a full basketball court for dodgeball and volleyball. My DD9 liked the Sunshine a little better because the waterpark is nicer. I think they felt so similar - I'd be happy on either!

What did you think about the kids clubs in each? similar?

My DD9 like the Sunshine better because the waterpark is nicer. The actual Camp Carnival room is larger on the Breeze, but she didn't mind that at all. She had a great time on both ships and was eager to go to kid's club a few hours most evenings. They did very similar activites and the staff was great on both. The Breeze has the Thrill Theater which is really fun - but also adds $15pp if budget is an issue. We really did not feel that either ship felt more crowded than the other at the pools - although at buffet meals - the Sunshine has a much better setup and felt less crowded.

We loved both ships - I would go with the better price and itinerary. Just to add - if you go to Cozumel - our DD9 LOVED the Twister boat to Passsion Island. It was lots of fun.

My DD9 like the Sunshine better because the waterpark is nicer. The actual Camp Carnival room is larger on the Breeze, but she didn't mind that at all. She had a great time on both ships and was eager to go to kid's club a few hours most evenings. They did very similar activites and the staff was great on both. The Breeze has the Thrill Theater which is really fun - but also adds $15pp if budget is an issue. We really did not feel that either ship felt more crowded than the other at the pools - although at buffet meals - the Sunshine has a much better setup and felt less crowded.

We loved both ships - I would go with the better price and itinerary. Just to add - if you go to Cozumel - our DD9 LOVED the Twister boat to Passsion Island. It was lots of fun.

Thanks for your input! I appreciate it!

we are hoping to do an eastern as we did western back in 2009 ;)

Did you find that you enjoyed the food in the mdr on both ships?